Morrissey cancelled all forthcoming interviews

Re: OMG, Morrissey cancelled all forthcoming interviews

I find it really annoying that people are giving reasons why he did this, especially the ones about depression or being nervous.

You don't what you are talking about. You might be right but you could be wrong in every way. It's one thing to say "Maybe he...." but the matter of fact way in which people are stating the cause is just full of speculation and assumption.

Maybe we will find out. Maybe we won't. Even if we are given a reason, we probably won't be able to verify it. It's promo appearances for a re-issue. I can't say I was that interested in them when they were scheduled and I'm not even slightly disappointed that they are cancelled.

I'm interested in new songs and a new tour. The rest is all just nonsense.

:thumb:

I hope that everything is ok with Moz. Take some chill time!

I started something ............. and now i'm not too sure

Typical me!

If he doesn't wanna do an interview then he doesn't have to, I don't understand why people are annoyed

If he doesn't want to do an interview, why bother to agree to one in the first place?

Early interview with Kid Jensen is on Radio 6 after 5.30.

As much as it's a shame that we're not being treated to 4 interviews with the man after a year of hearing very little (save for an interview with Simon Armitage about Simon Armitage with Morrissey as a footnote) but if he sees a reason to cancel, let it be.

He's damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't on this forum. During the Tour of Refusal he was being ordered to retire, he goes away for a bit and he's begged to return, he arranges a few interviews and he's selling out, he cancels them and he's a disgrace. Obviously though, it's not going to help win over the casual fans gained in the Quarry era who've slipped by the wayside in recent years, but it's not the end of the road, just another missed door.

Obviously there's a silent majority on here who get on with it, but it does baffle the mind reading some of these posts.

Viva Moz, the same attitude he's cancelled these interviews with is the same attitude we know and love, regardless of personal annoyance at not being treated to a few interviews

Thankyou. :clap: Obviously I'm disappointed that we're not getting the interviews, but he has every right to pull out if he doesn't want to promote the release further. I'd be more bothered if it was a new release, but really, it's not something to make a fuss about. Sometimes it seems as if he can do nothing right. The carping gets rather tedious.

I'm glad to hear he's out and about and at RB's book thing. I worried a bit when I read this thread title.

Last edited:

I'm here because I'm clinging on to the hope that he will become interesting and insightful again;
No,you are here to complain,whine and criticize everything Morrissey says or does,and pretend to be objective.

Last edited:

He never said he wanted to.

Like everyone else I was disappointed he avoided the interviews but like some of us, I guessed this might happen.
I did find it funny that he went to Brands event when he was meant to be ill.
I think he would have seen little value in undertaking press for a rerelease plus, I expect he didn't want to waste anymore breath on the race (non)issue.
I like it when he doesn't turn up for press, it shows its not that important to him.

The Dizzy Whore web site looks nice by the way, if they have DL section I will switch teams

Last edited:
Morrissey Back In LA

Yesterday, I was listening to Radio 2 because Morrissey was going to be interviewed for Bona Drag. So I sat and listened for an hour and then the host said "For those of you who don't know, Morrissey isn't with us because he has scrapped all of his promotional stuff for Bona Drag and gone back to LA."

At this point, I cried.

I can't believe he has the nerve to do this. But the thing that makes me so angry is the fact that I still love him.

For someone who wrote the song "America Is Not The World", he does seem to love it there.

I can't believe he would do this.

If you want to listen to it, it is Stuart Maconie's show on Radio 2.

Re: Morrissey Back In LA

So he caught the flight after the Brand book launch?

LA is home?
:D :D :D

(and remember, America Is Not The World ends with "I love you, I love you, I love you"

Re: Morrissey Back In LA

So he caught the flight after the Brand book launch?

LA is home?
:D :D :D

(and remember, America Is Not The World ends with "I love you, I love you, I love you"

Quite possibly someone at Radio 2 heard the 'no longer promoting, he has flown home' bit announced on 6 Music, knew that he once lived in LA, assumed he still does, put two and two together and came up with Pythagoras Theorem.

How was he going to answer that tricky question? You know the one. Defending himself in the light of all the controversy.

"How do you justify re-releasing Bona Drag with extra tracks and a tacky badge and expect people to buy something you originally released to little fanfare 20 years ago?"

Followed by: "When you were in The Smiths, no allow me, did you not write the lines in one of your songs xxxxx?"

Nice one Moz. Where is Everyday Is Like Sunday in the midweek charts? (Might be one of the reasons he's cancelled)

I once saw him confronted with having referred to having several close friends earlier in the interview, after having replied to the question "How do you make friends?" with the answer "I don't". He solved that triumphantly by telling the interviewer "Don't complicate things", and adding "We have as many friends as we have faces", atttributing the quote to Keith Emerson.

Somehow, I don't think the prospect of being confronted with Paint a Vulgar Picture would leave him very worried....

cheers

In the end if he does cancel all the interviews is not a problem , all I hope is that he is working on a new studio album to be released next year. Or his autobiography...:thumb:
Cheers Moz

It's disappointing but I don't take it as an insult to his fans. Maybe he felt no enthusiasm for the project anymore. I imagine it must have been a bit of a nightmare for the radio and TV people.

Hope a new album and tour (I'm yet to see him live!) is not too far off.

Tags
that's life
Back
Top Bottom