Morrissey cancelled all forthcoming interviews

Re: OMG, Morrissey cancelled all forthcoming interviews

ah we could say the same to you, you silly girl. :mad:

You really do think the sun shines out of his arse, don't you?

love you moz but your getting tiresome pal ....goin miss you pal

Something I read here recently comes to mind, you all discussing why all those interviews are suddenly announced and if it's really to promote some re-release of a compilation album.
I can't help but to think that he happened to read that too and think "Yes, why all this?"
Because I'm sure he enjoys it all, these forums I mean. How could he resist?

Steve Lamacq has just said the official line which he assumes is from Morrissey's management is that he has ' decided not to promote the release of Bona Drag any further'.

Steve Lamacq has just said the official line which he assumes is from Morrissey's management is that he has ' decided not to promote the release of Bona Drag any further'.

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

Great. So I've just spent £30 on a cd and record that already own, just for the artist to say 'don't bother'.

Cheers Moz

So, no airplay, no promotion, no sales, no future contract...

Bummed :(

Dave

Didnt realise he had promoted it at all!!

having said that, isnt this why we love Morrissey, his total independence and him not needing the media to promote himself

I find it really annoying that people are giving reasons why he did this, especially the ones about depression or being nervous.

You don't what you are talking about. You might be right but you could be wrong in every way. It's one thing to say "Maybe he...." but the matter of fact way in which people are stating the cause is just full of speculation and assumption.

Maybe we will find out. Maybe we won't. Even if we are given a reason, we probably won't be able to verify it. It's promo appearances for a re-issue. I can't say I was that interested in them when they were scheduled and I'm not even slightly disappointed that they are cancelled.

I'm interested in new songs and a new tour. The rest is all just nonsense.

:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: Brilliant. Even Morrissey can't be arsed promoting reissued half-hearted crap! Maybe he had an epiphany.

Love to know how people who have bought this rubbish reissue justify it now (an opinion seemingly endorsed by His Master's Voice himself)

Morrissey has simply had his fingers burned by the sales of Every Day Is Like Sunday. It's likely to be his worst ever selling (or at least charting) single, and no-one feels this kind of chart humiliation as acutely as Morrisssey.
I'm afraid it really is as simple as that...

Morrissey has simply had his fingers burned by the sales of Every Day Is Like Sunday. It's likely to be his worst ever selling (or at least charting) single, and no-one feels this kind of chart humiliation as acutely as Morrisssey.
I'm afraid it really is as simple as that...

I agree that this has probably played a/ the pivotal role. Has it sold more than 53 copies?

Also when he found out he was going to be in the same studio as Dave "the Rave" Cameron and was probably expected to sign his new baby's cot he decided to fly home.

And those death threats from the Triads can't have helped either

Personally, one of the reasons I love him is because he is so unpredictable and won't play the fame game. Isn't him not showing up for events all part of his Morrisseyness?.
The cancellations are very disappointing because I think we were all expecting some sort of announcement. Still hopeful of that autobiography in 2011.

The reissue thing , present and future, is part of the deal with EMI in order to release the new studio album. Possibly, he doesnt give a damn about the reissues but has to put a brave face to it....
Cheers Moz

Morrissey needs to pull up his socks a bit and act his age, even at 51 he's just storming off like a big jessy, and yes he may have good reason but why not be civil and apologise or release some sort of statement, yes he maybe an exceptional singer and lyricist but he's not very professional. He should consider himself lucky the life he has.

I agree that this has probably played a/ the pivotal role. Has it sold more than 53 copies?

Also when he found out he was going to be in the same studio as Dave "the Rave" Cameron and was probably expected to sign his new baby's cot he decided to fly home.

And those death threats from the Triads can't have helped either

I'm no fan of David Cameron but if he can find time to have a radio interview with a new baby and obviously his job, Morrissey could at least do his job and have an interview too.

Personally, one of the reasons I love him is because he is so unpredictable and won't play the fame game. Isn't him not showing up for events all part of his Morrisseyness?.
The cancellations are very disappointing because I think we were all expecting some sort of announcement. Still hopeful of that autobiography in 2011.

Well there goes another record deal up the Swanny so that autobiography and a Morrissey/ Marr reunion seem the only routes left to him. Oh and maybe a column in the Mail On Sunday.

All these cancellations, diva fits and outrageous comments may have all added to his aura at the height of the Smiths and his solo career but 20+ years on its just "devious, truculent and unreliable" behaviour. Not really. Kudos to him for pulling out of promoting a record when his hearts not in it. Look forwards, not backwards.

There will be other interviews, solow, but he need a reason to do a interview.

Last edited:
Tags
that's life
Back
Top Bottom