Morrissey calls to add vegan menus in schools in Chile - various links

45307_45304_IMG_20181212_224235.jpg

The main gist (as per the first link) via translate:

The singer sent a letter to the director of Junaeb.

"Let's face it: meat is a murder to animals, the planet and children, do everyone a favor by offering vegan meals to students."
The message is clear and direct.
Morrissey sent him to the National Director of the National Board of School Aid and Junaeb Scholarships, Jaime Tohá, to ask him to include vegan-cut menus in schools in Chile.

"By serving meals without meat, schools would be teaching children to make smart choices that will prepare them for a life full of good health," argued the British artist in the document, representing PETA Latino and Animal Libre.

Both entities are promoting the initiative "My Vegan Menu" , on the subject of "the increasing adoption of this form of food and the precarious supply that there is for these people , leading to the violation of basic rights and harm, especially in girls and boys and teenagers. "

The idea is that the gastronomic offer is gradually installed in schools, during 2019, and defended that it is a "delicious, healthy and economic" proposal.

Animal Libre will meet again on December 20 with Junaeb, conversations that they said have had positive results, because in October an inclusive menu was added, betting on preparations originating in Haiti, Venezuela and Peru.

Morrissey will be presented on December 14 and 15 in Chile.

All require translation:
http://m.cooperativa.cl/noticias/en...-las-escuelas-de-chile/2018-12-12/104255.html

https://www.cnnchile.com/cultura/mo...-menus-veganos-en-colegios-de-chile_20181212/

https://www.eldinamo.cl/actualidad/...anos-la-carne-es-un-asesinato-a-los-animales/

http://www.viax.cl/noticias/actuali...a-junaeb-exigiendo-menus-veganos-las-escuelas

https://www.concierto.cl/2018/12/morrissey-junaeb-menus-veganos/

The recipient appears to be: Jaime Tohá,
National Director of the National School Aid and Scholarship Board.

Regards,
FWD.

Update: tweet featuring the letter added by @NealCassidy

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to say the same thing. I loathe onions. Garlic is ok by me, though.
They make me ill. All alliums do - onion, garlic, leeks, chives, spring onions. For decades I suffered from acid reflux that got worse and worse as time went on. I read a book that advised cutting certain things out and by luck I started with onions and the problem literally cleared up in three days.

No, wearing leather is not vegan. Veganism is not a diet. It's not about some silly concept of food consumption, it's about the ethical philosophy that it's wrong to murder, rape, and castrate animals for pleasure.

Yes but that’s not what I was really saying.

So if these vegan menus are given at school and a kid that is eating this vegan food is also wearing leather sneakers, can we then still call the vegan menu and food and his or her diet vegan ?

And if not what would you call it ?

not this rubbish again, we had this with his shoes and he ended up taking one of them off on the Larry King show to prove that they were not leather.. what now.. do you want to strip him naked.. have a good day now, best regards, manc lad

You must have missed his NY jacket, price £1200, a polyester wool blend, he was recently pictured wearing. You might want to get your facts straight before making yourself look even more of a fool, if that's at all possible.

A plant-based menu or diet?

:rolleyes:

Not very catchy, and much easier to just say vegan, don’t you think ?

Also when explaining to or asking a waiter what is in a food, it is much easier to just ask if the food that you may be ordering is vegan. I find this true from experience, but wouldn’t you think it’s easier also?

Anyways this is not really the point I was making in my post that pandaproducts was replying to.

What does Morrissey know, hands on about animals?
A lot.
. Or got down on his knees to clean a dirty cat litter tray.
I'm sure. As he has lived alone in many houses where he often had cats, it's a reasonable assumption to say that he changed litter at some point. Here's a quote: "No, but he was very, very old, and he was arthritic, and he couldn’t go to the toilet properly and I would have to take him to the toilet, I’d have to do everything, but he was very, very happy, and as long as he was with me, he was thrilled to death."
Or taken a sick animal to the vet and worried through its treatment
"So, I held him at the last moment when they inserted the needle and, uh . . . I cried for hours and hours and hours. This sound came out of me, this sound of despair when he went, and I’d never heard it before...He wasn’t merely a cat, he was beyond human. He had the most incredible personality, an enormous personality, and as tough as, as they say, old boots, and I still miss him, I really still miss him. "
What does he know about children?
Admittedly, probably much less. I doubt this is about the kids anyway. It's more about saving the animals, I think.
Has he even held a child?

Most of your evidence is false and therefore your claim is unsubstantiated. :cool:

They make me ill. All alliums do - onion, garlic, leeks, chives, spring onions. For decades I suffered from acid reflux that got worse and worse as time went on. I read a book that advised cutting certain things out and by luck I started with onions and the problem literally cleared up in three days.
It’s bell peppers for me. They give me the worst heartburn. My mother told me the only time she was bothered by them was when she was pregnant with me. I must have a sensitivity. It’s odd though as I can eat hot salsa or sriracha without issue. Just those green peppers. Nature’s a funny thing.

My response to Morrissey would be we will be more then willing to add a vegan menu when you decide to pay and provide them for all the schools and continually supply them. If you want it there you take the money out of your own pocket and pay for it.
The school s should provide a vegan choice from the same funding that provides other options. Not a big stretch of funding or imagination to have lentils instead of chicken, for example. A complete protein, no fat, no cruelty.
If you look for obstacles you'll find them. It comes down to attitude.

Charlie you should really give it a try.

You know you can still wear a little leather and call yourself Vegan if your diet is vegan. People
might call that hypocritical, but at least you’re
making that little difference and they’re not.

Cheers

:)

I don't eat animals and don't wear leather. I do eat the odd paneer curry. Unlike our man I'm not being a non-vegan while telling other people to be a vegan. To be honest, you can all eat and do what you like as far as I'm concerned. But if I was telling you all what to eat, that would be a touch hypocritical.

So let me understand. If someone who ( like Morrissey) is on a non animal non dairy diet, but still wears some article of clothing that is not vegan friendly tells someone else that eating a vegan option may be healthier for them, is hypocritical?

I don't eat animals and don't wear leather. I do eat the odd paneer curry. Unlike our man I'm not being a non-vegan while telling other people to be a vegan. To be honest, you can all eat and do what you like as far as I'm concerned. But if I was telling you all what to eat, that would be a touch hypocritical.

So let me understand. If someone who ( like Morrissey) is on a non animal non dairy diet, but still wears some article of clothing that is not vegan friendly tells someone else that eating a vegan option may be healthier for them, is hypocritical?

In Morrissey's own words, 'I never said I was a vegan'.

If you tell people to do something you'd better have the courage in your convictions to at least match what you're preaching lest anyone but your converts thinks you're a bit of an idiot and dismisses everything that you have to say.

I think it’s fine to promote aspects of veganism that you think beneficial even if you’re not a vegan yourself. Why wouldn’t it be

In Morrissey's own words, 'I never said I was a vegan'.

If you tell people to do something you'd better have the courage in your convictions to at least match what you're preaching lest anyone but your converts thinks you're a bit of an idiot and dismisses everything that you have to say.

But I didn’t say Morrissey was vegan in the post of mine that you are replying to.

Maybe I missed it, but where did you get that quote? Since you say those were his words.

The school s should provide a vegan choice from the same funding that provides other options. Not a big stretch of funding or imagination to have lentils instead of chicken, for example. A complete protein, no fat, no cruelty.
If you look for obstacles you'll find them. It comes down to attitude.

It comes down to if you want it so much you provide for it.

Well that’s narrow minded and idiotic. You see someone trying to do some good and all you can do is call this person names ? Nice. :thumb:

But I didn’t say Morrissey was vegan in the post of mine that you are replying to.

Maybe I missed it, but where did you get that quote? Since you say those were his words.

It was in one of his many defences of 'I'm just stating my opinion', 'I never said I was vegan' following his creation of his own shit show. I have no problem with him not being a vegan but if you aren't why tell other people to be? He doesn't have to mention the v word other than being a slave to PETA.

It was in one of his many defences of 'I'm just stating my opinion', 'I never said I was vegan' following his creation of his own shit show. I have no problem with him not being a vegan but if you aren't why tell other people to be? He doesn't have to mention the v word other than being a slave to PETA.
I think you're referring to this, from the grovelling Fiona Dodwell interview - in which case it's not an exact quote, but it's close enough:
"I don't eat animals, birds or fish. I don't consider myself to be vegan, vegetarian or carnivorous. I'm just me."
https://www.tremr.com/Fiona-Dodwell/this-is-morrissey-an-interview

I went through a period of acid reflux and I had no idea what was causing it. Anyway during ehat time I was depressed and not exercising as much as I used to. Since then, I've started exercising quite vigorously again and noticed the reflux has gone. This is the only change I've made that I can think has affected my metabolism.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom