Morrissey "California Son" posters removed from Liverpool train stations

Commuter offended by Morrissey posters plastered across Merseyrail station - Liverpool Echo
The former Smiths frontman has shown support for Tommy Robinson and far-right party For Britain

Excerpt:

Merseyrail has ordered the removal of Morrissey posters plastered on its services and stations after an angry commuter complained about the singer's controversial views.

The former Smiths frontman is advertising his new solo album, California Son, which is due to be released on Friday.
However, his support for far-right parties and leaders have made him a controversial figure - leaving Merseyrail scrambling to get the posters removed after one Liverpool commuter voiced his offence.

Jack Dotchin, 32, was taking a Southport service into Moorfields this morning when he spotted the posters - and he wasn't happy.

The Toxteth resident said: "[The things Morrissey has said] offend me and a lot of other people. He's very far right these days, going on about immigrants and being pseudo-racist.

"It's just strange to think Merseyrail, being a public service for the people, is advertising someone with his views.

"It's just pictures of Morrissey with his new album. He's not doing anything inappropriate but his name is a by-name for questionable views at the moment.

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what being proud to be British is all about, This makes me happy. Standing up to racial & religious ignorance and bigotry. Beautiful.
Religious ignorance and bigotry? Haha! Islam is the most bigoted religion of all. Hates women, hates homosexuals, their prophet married a 9 year old girl. Look up Sharia law, educate yourself.

Commuter offended by Morrissey posters plastered across Merseyrail station - Liverpool Echo
The former Smiths frontman has shown support for Tommy Robinson and far-right party For Britain

Excerpt:

Merseyrail has ordered the removal of Morrissey posters plastered on its services and stations after an angry commuter complained about the singer's controversial views.

The former Smiths frontman is advertising his new solo album, California Son, which is due to be released on Friday.
However, his support for far-right parties and leaders have made him a controversial figure - leaving Merseyrail scrambling to get the posters removed after one Liverpool commuter voiced his offence.

Jack Dotchin, 32, was taking a Southport service into Moorfields this morning when he spotted the posters - and he wasn't happy.

The Toxteth resident said: "[The things Morrissey has said] offend me and a lot of other people. He's very far right these days, going on about immigrants and being pseudo-racist.

"It's just strange to think Merseyrail, being a public service for the people, is advertising someone with his views.

"It's just pictures of Morrissey with his new album. He's not doing anything inappropriate but his name is a by-name for questionable views at the moment.

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it" Toxic resident!

full
Pathetic One commuter. Pseudo racist? Lots of record stores--how many? I thought record stores were few and far between Now" lots "of record stores are refusing to stock morrissey. Absolutely pathetic

Shows how insane the world is getting nowadays, but this will probably get the album more publicity than the posters ever would have. :lbf:

Excerpt:

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

full
For anyone wishing to lodge a complaint about lilylivered Merseyside rail taking down posters based on one complainant looking for his name in the paper, there are 2 ways.
Twitter is their preferred method (@merseyside) or phone 01 51 555 1111.
Ask them to provide direct evidence of what morrissey said that in any way incites racial hatred or violence.

This is really quite bizarre.
If I see a poster of Take That, can I ask the people who own the advertising space to remove it because I don't agree with Gary Barlow's right wing views (a proud Conservative voter) and was sickened by the way he tried to avoid paying virtually any income tax? Would an individual really have that power?

Stand up and defend me

Thank god for that. Imagine the innocent lives that would have been forever scarred had they come into contact with these toxic and corrosive posters. Will no one think of the children?!?! :confused:

Geez I hope offended of Southport doesn't listen to BBC Radio 2 on his way into work as Moz is on good rotation with loads of airplay from his cracking new album. Dang those pesky sexually ambiguous, Israel supporting, monarchy hating, animal loving, vegan racists. Oh my, yes Morrissey doesn't help himself or his fans, but how could it be any other way? Get used to more of this shite because the press are actively looking for it. Reminds me of "angry of Waltham Abbey, Essex smashed his television watching the Sex Pistols swear on live TV."

So a person doesn't even have to have a coherent complaint and Merseyrail jump to it like a bunch of grovelling dogs. Sadly, this kind of thing is no longer an isolated incident, either. I barely recognise this country now, it's so full of spineless toadies waiting to sell out whoever they can in order to secure their social status.

It's also a rather ugly picture of Moz and the design is crap.

Britain was once a very intelligent country. We had the best thinkers. Now we have wimps who cry about badges and posters. And an absolute obsession with perceived racism. I think it's time for a human cull. Or sterilization for those with low IQ.

Hahaha scousers!

Sweden can't stop laughing. They can stick to Beatles and that dead chap John Lennon.

This is what being proud to be British is all about, This makes me happy. Standing up to racial & religious ignorance and bigotry. Beautiful.
Pity Jeremy Kyle has been cancelled, you could tell his appreciative audience all about it.
The great unthinking British public.
You could go on it with jack from Toxic, Merseyside who could relive his trauma at seeing Morrissey's poster in the station that fateful day. " Gawd, when I seen Morrissey's face, I came over all weak as it was in The Daily Fail how he's all racist and stuff.. He said sumfin about Tommy Robinson once so that makes him like a sootho racist. And he wears badges, with pitchforks on them, and animals and all sorts of weird shit like that. He's got 100s of them Lots of record shops won't stock him. Well one anyway, it's pretty old I hear, Shitters, it's in Wales."

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom