Morrissey "California Son" posters removed from Liverpool train stations

Commuter offended by Morrissey posters plastered across Merseyrail station - Liverpool Echo
The former Smiths frontman has shown support for Tommy Robinson and far-right party For Britain

Excerpt:

Merseyrail has ordered the removal of Morrissey posters plastered on its services and stations after an angry commuter complained about the singer's controversial views.

The former Smiths frontman is advertising his new solo album, California Son, which is due to be released on Friday.
However, his support for far-right parties and leaders have made him a controversial figure - leaving Merseyrail scrambling to get the posters removed after one Liverpool commuter voiced his offence.

Jack Dotchin, 32, was taking a Southport service into Moorfields this morning when he spotted the posters - and he wasn't happy.

The Toxteth resident said: "[The things Morrissey has said] offend me and a lot of other people. He's very far right these days, going on about immigrants and being pseudo-racist.

"It's just strange to think Merseyrail, being a public service for the people, is advertising someone with his views.

"It's just pictures of Morrissey with his new album. He's not doing anything inappropriate but his name is a by-name for questionable views at the moment.

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank god for that. Imagine the innocent lives that would have been forever scarred had they come into contact with these toxic and corrosive posters. Will no one think of the children?!?! :confused:

Famed for tolerance and free speech

This is merely the first step in the fight back. I'm going to start a campaign to have Salford Lad's Club torn down, and replaced with a mosque. Who's with me? :thumb:

This is merely the first step in the fight back. I'm going to start a campaign to have Salford Lad's Club torn down, and replaced with a mosque. Who's with me? :thumb:

Skinny and the sock puppets will all sign up:lbf:

looks like a hasty reaction and just tells me how afraid operators are of customer criticism nowadays.
reminds me of when i complained at our local station kiosk about the beef! magazine which had been prominently displayed in every corner of the shop and i told the woman at the cashier that its cover showing a bloody and kind of burned piece of meat streaked with veins and bones made me feel sick in the morning, and that i was about to puke on their newspapers any second.
the woman, a grey skinny mouse who probably thought that customer criticism meant that she would lose her job at once, looked sort of afflicted by what i had said, and so, when i returned home in the evening all beef! magazines were stacked in a single box at the bottom of a dark corner.
this morning i noticed that beef! was back. the title showed a blood covered heart with black encrustation or slough, and i told the new woman at the cashier that i felt sick just having to look at it, because it definitely showed something that a surgeon had just excised from a nicotine-addicted patient.
she was all prepared for that, i noticed, and looked at me as if i was the skidmark that she had detected in her husband's underpants last night, and then reciting her text about delicious charcoal crusts or something like that, everyone should know, somehow assuming i couldnt be a proper housewife as i definitely wasnt used to blood shit and meat.
anyways, i was surprised how easy it was to make the people at the station kiosk feel uncomfortable and defensive. i'll try it again tomorrow.

"He's very far right these days, going on about immigrants and being pseudo-racist."

Pseudo- racist? Is that someone that pretends to be racist? What immigrants has he gone on about?

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

Other than Spillers what other record stores are refusing to stock it?

These quotes are hilarious. I bet this guy is a bespectacled rotund neckbeard.

Such a tragedy..... that the poster didn't offend sensitive simpleton enough to jump in front of a train. One less cry baby gimp in the world.

There was a time when commuters were afraid of being chased by a werewolf in the subway. Now this twat is shitting himself over a poster. FFS the world is full of crashing snowflake bores.

Last edited:
Many of us would rather Morrissey not to support For Britain, but unfortunately that won't change. So here we have again the debate about how to separate the artist from the politics. I have been a Morrissey fan since 1984 and I don't feel so excited anymore when I see a poster of him as I used to feel some years ago. I understand the frustration and reasons of the computer in particular. However, the poster is not transmitting any political message, simply publicising his new record. So, I find the reaction a bit over the top to be honest.

So all it takes is one whining cat strangled voice to get posters taken down? Hmmm. I wonder if they'll make train tickets cheaper if I complain about high prices.

Many of us would rather Morrissey not to support For Britain, but unfortunately that won't change. So here we have again the debate about how to separate the artist from the politics. I have been a Morrissey fan since 1984 and I don't feel so excited anymore when I see a poster of him as I used to feel some years ago. I understand the frustration and reasons of the computer in particular. However, the poster is not transmitting any political message, simply publicising his new record. So, I find the reaction a bit over the top to be honest.

Oh YOU'D rather he didn't.......you'd rather he was toeing the dimwit indie line and being all Billy Bragg and licking Jeremy C's anus I suppose.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom