Morrissey "California Son" posters removed from Liverpool train stations

Commuter offended by Morrissey posters plastered across Merseyrail station - Liverpool Echo
The former Smiths frontman has shown support for Tommy Robinson and far-right party For Britain

Excerpt:

Merseyrail has ordered the removal of Morrissey posters plastered on its services and stations after an angry commuter complained about the singer's controversial views.

The former Smiths frontman is advertising his new solo album, California Son, which is due to be released on Friday.
However, his support for far-right parties and leaders have made him a controversial figure - leaving Merseyrail scrambling to get the posters removed after one Liverpool commuter voiced his offence.

Jack Dotchin, 32, was taking a Southport service into Moorfields this morning when he spotted the posters - and he wasn't happy.

The Toxteth resident said: "[The things Morrissey has said] offend me and a lot of other people. He's very far right these days, going on about immigrants and being pseudo-racist.

"It's just strange to think Merseyrail, being a public service for the people, is advertising someone with his views.

"It's just pictures of Morrissey with his new album. He's not doing anything inappropriate but his name is a by-name for questionable views at the moment.

"Lots of record stores are refusing to stock it so I'm not the only one to say it."

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want to separate anything. I take the artist and I take the man who thinks and talks his mind. If it happens I eventually don't agree with something he says I just tolerate and respect his personal views on different matters, just as I do with another people in my personal life. Morrissey is not the one with the problem here. The problem resides in people who can't tolerate another people who have different opinions on certain matters. It is shameful this is happening in year 2019. Following this path of intolerance to different points of view we are coming back to fascism and totalitarianism, which is utterly dangerous.
Thank you for the lesson. So then I guess it will be OK for me to wear a svastika and talk about nazism and support death penalty, going against immigrants and jewish people, as freedom of speech. You see, freedom of speech is dangerous when promoting bad ideas whatever they come from the right, the left or the centre. It is not being intolerance, it is about not letting others to start planting bad seeds to make fascism and totalitarianism grow! Anyway, I'll let others to mess with the world, because at the end of the day... World peace is none of my business!!

Thank you for the lesson. So then I guess it will be OK for me to wear a svastika and talk about nazism and support death penalty, going against immigrants and jewish people, as freedom of speech. You see, freedom of speech is dangerous when promoting bad ideas whatever they come from the right, the left or the centre. It is not being intolerance, it is about not letting others to start planting bad seeds to make fascism and totalitarianism grow! Anyway, I'll let others to mess with the world, because at the end of the day... World peace is none of my business!!

Freedom of speech is NOT dangerous. Murder, rape, torture, political corruption, war, censorship, those are dangerous. Freedom of speech does not plant bad seeds. ON THE CONTRARY. It cleans the air and opens our minds in the search of good solutions to human problems.
Injustices, crimes, social intolerance, frauds, robbery, exploitation, those are the seeds that grow into totalitarianism and fascism, as they already did and will continue doing so in human history.
Meanwhile most mentally blind people care about what other people say instead of caring about ACTUAL CRIMES that kill lives and destroy souls.
But hey... Don't interrupt the sorrow.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom