Morrissey buying a "breakfast sausage" at Seven - Eleven?

A UK version of Juan Gabriel?! [from first post] That's an uncomfortable comparison. I don't think Morrissey is *that* effeminate. JG is like almost Liberace flamboyant.

juan%20gabriel.jpg

Asi Fue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2onCc3HlcW4&feature=channel

sorry, i'm not too familiar with the coffee and other chain shops in the us. :o

Seven-Eleven is a franchise of convenience stores.

In UK in mid 90s it was bought by one of their competitors, no longer exists.
In Japan you still find some of them.

Re: Seven - Eleven?

Thanks, still next time i'll google it before i make a comment :D

ps. the Alan Rickman pic is distracting

Actually my friend saw Alan Rickman in a branch of Seven-Eleven in Notting Hill in 1992.

Maybe it was Chris Isaac. Or Quentin Tarantino!

:thumb:

I doubt that the person who saw Moz in the 7-11 gave much thought to his vegetarianism. Probably just noted that he was buying a snack and said "breakfast sausage" in the interview because it's what came to mind. I don't think Mozzer is secretly sneaking bits of bacon nor do I think the person who told the story was out to ruin Mozzers reputation.

:thumb:

I doubt that the person who saw Moz in the 7-11 gave much thought to his vegetarianism. Probably just noted that he was buying a snack and said "breakfast sausage" in the interview because it's what came to mind. I don't think Mozzer is secretly sneaking bits of bacon nor do I think the person who told the story was out to ruin Mozzers reputation.

Just what I thought. Writing "breakfast sausage" looks a bit better than writing "unidentifiable snack". I guess that's the whole breakfast sausage-mystery.

There's a 7/11 just a few footsteps from my door...I'll ask them there if Morrissey ever came and bought a breakfast sausage! :rolleyes:

Just what I thought. Writing "breakfast sausage" looks a bit better than writing "unidentifiable snack". I guess that's the whole breakfast sausage-mystery.

There's a 7/11 just a few footsteps from my door...I'll ask them there if Morrissey ever came and bought a breakfast sausage! :rolleyes:

Yes. And as far as "creative license" goes, it should be noted that Jon Wolenske is in a sketch comedy group in San Francisco. The anecdote the journalist used was taken from a bio handed out at a comedy show. Thus "Morrissey buys breakfast sausage" might have been...wait for it...just a hilarious joke!

Makes you wonder why a smart thinkpiece like Chloe's would end with a riff on a comedy flyer, one she apparently took at face value. Or is that what "The Believer" is all about? :rolleyes:

I can hear Chloe at "The Believer" offices even now: "Hey guys! I have the most amazing scoop on what really happened to Princess Diana! Sacha Baron Cohen just called to fill me in....!" :)

Last edited:
Re: Morrissey buying a "breakfast sausage"? at 7/11?

I was going to start a thread about this, but I guess it fits here: a friend of mine was dining at a London seafood restaurant during the recent Troxy/Brixton week, and he was sitting one table away from Morrissey, who was dining with a few acquaintances.

He saw Morrissey order and devour the Dover sole. I remember another fishy story (from what seems like a fairly reliable source) here a few years ago. I'm forced to say that now I have to believe that Morrissey is not a true vegetarian, and hasn't been one for some time.

My friend is utterly reliable and a big Morrissey fan, and I have no reason to believe that he is either mistaken or pulling my leg.

It's not that eating fish is an unforgivable sin, but Morrissey depicts himself (and allows himself to be depicted) as the ultimate, hardcore, ethical vegetarian. If he really does eat fish, this is a load of utter nonsense. :squiffy:

It is odd that he would eat fish in public, but Morrissey is a man of strange impulses and often inexplicable drives.

Second that! I refuse to believe that the same person who wrote ''Meat is murder'' could ever consider eating meat again. Especially not in public :eek:

I was going to start a thread about this, but I guess it fits here: a friend of mine was dining at a London seafood restaurant during the recent Troxy/Brixton week, and he was sitting one table away from Morrissey, who was dining with a few acquaintances.

He saw Morrissey order and devour the Dover sole. I remember another fishy story (from what seems like a fairly reliable source) here a few years ago. I'm forced to say that now I have to believe that Morrissey is not a true vegetarian, and hasn't been one for some time.

My friend is utterly reliable and a big Morrissey fan, and I have no reason to believe that he is either mistaken or pulling my leg.

It's not that eating fish is an unforgivable sin, but Morrissey depicts himself (and allows himself to be depicted) as the ultimate, hardcore, ethical vegetarian. If he really does eat fish, this is a load of utter nonsense. :squiffy:

It is odd that he would eat fish in public, but Morrissey is a man of strange impulses and often inexplicable drives.

:rolleyes:

Which seafood restaurant in London your frinend was dining?

I consider you to be, by far, one of the most credible posters on this site. So I hope you'll forgive me when I say that until I see something like this with my own eyes, I'll continue to believe he's a solid vegetarian.

The single biggest factor that makes me think this is not my blind loyalty but a belief that he knows that stories like this would get out in public and become a major embarrassment. He might devour Dover sole at home but not in a restaurant in London.

Not calling your friend a liar. I just think there has to be some explanation.

It could've been a fish-shaped potatoe mash.

:rolleyes:

Which seafood restaurant in London your frinend was dining?

I've forgotten the name - I'll pop him an email and ask.

I consider you to be, by far, one of the most credible posters on this site. So I hope you'll forgive me when I say that until I see something like this with my own eyes, I'll continue to believe he's a solid vegetarian.

The single biggest factor that makes me think this is not my blind loyalty but a belief that he knows that stories like this would get out in public and become a major embarrassment. He might devour Dover sole at home but not in a restaurant in London.

Not calling your friend a liar. I just think there has to be some explanation.

I agree, I have to see it with my own eyes to be absolutely convinced, but my friend is not a prankster, and he LOVES Morrissey. He also knows a fish when he sees one.

I'd like to believe this is not true (oh the humanity), but the word of a good friend is the closest thing I have to rock-solid (albeit anecdotal) evidence.

What is the world coming to? In a fit of pique, I bought a pair of leather shoes... :rolleyes:

What is the world coming to? In a fit of pique, I bought a pair of leather shoes... :rolleyes:

But, but, but... fish scream!

Yeah, I'm pissed. I'm going to go eat a shrimp or a slice of baloney or something. No, I'm not.

But Anaesthesine would not lie, either.

Back
Top Bottom