Morrissey brands Australia’s Eurovision entry ‘illogical’ - The Australian

I agree.
Why is a country which is below the equator being included in a continent specific competition>?

Yes and the more important question is again: Why is calling the Australien entry illogical termed by the paper as "branding" when it IS actually illogical?

“The contest now is essentially about costumes and special effects, whereas years ago every singer had the same stage and the same lighting and no props. This meant that people actually heard the song, which isn’t possible now. Your ears fight against explosions and your eyes are blinded by flash photography and revolving lights and you begin to wonder if they are there to divert your attention from the fact that what you’re hearing isn’t actually any good.

“As with all modern music, the content is always the same, so that you either get the My Heart Will Go On power ballad, or you get the absurd monster-from-hell gimmick of someone being lowered into a bubbling vat of boiling fat. The song is the least consideration and seems to get in the way of the presentations.” Morrissey on Eurovision

"The Azerbaijani heartthrob learned to speak English from Elvis Presley cassettes and is the Sexiest Man In Russia…HE may be a new name to you, but Emin Agalarov – or just Emin for short – is fast becoming one of the world's best-known pop stars.

"Celebrated singer/songwriter Emin has just announced his first ever Irish date on May 27th at Dublin’s Sugar Club."

http://www.thesugarclub.com/listings/event/emin

"When I said that I need you now
Well I need you more than ever
Don't think I can live without
Us being in this world together
When the walls came crumbling down
Thought you said you'd leave me
Never, never, never, never
Never, never, never, never"

Emin Agalarov - Never Enough

best
a heart-broken "BrummieBoy"
[at The Sugar Club with Shazza.]

Last edited by a moderator:
people actually heard the song, which isn’t possible now. Your ears fight against explosions...As with all modern music, the content is always the sameThe song is the least consideration” Morrissey on Eurovision

"The Azerbaijani heartthrob learned to speak English from Elvis Presley cassettes and is the Sexiest Man In Russia…HE may be a new name to you, but Emin Agalarov – or just Emin for short – is fast becoming one of the world's best-known pop stars."

"When I said that I need you now
Well I need you more than ever
Don't think I can live without
Us being in this world together
When the walls came crumbling down
Thought you said you'd leave me
Never, never, never, never
Never, never, never, never"

Emin Agalarov - Never Enough

best

people actually heard the song, which isn’t possible now. Your ears fight against explosions...As with all modern music, the content is always the sameThe song is the least consideration” Morrissey on Eurovision

"Forever we sail into infinity,
We’re higher, we’re reaching for divinity…

Euphoria, euphoria
We’re going up-up-up-up-up-up-up
Euphoria...
An everlasting piece of art
A beating love within my heart
We’re going up-up-up-up-up-up-up
Euphoria, euphoria
We’re going up-up-up-up-up-up-up "

best

- - - Updated - - -

"Eye for an eye
Why tear each other apart?
Please tell me why
Why do we make it so hard?
Look at us now
We only got ourselves to blame
It's such a shame

How many times can we win and lose?
How many times can we break the rules?
Between us
Only teardrops"

Emmelie de Forest - Only Teardrops (Denmark) - LIVE - 2013 Grand Final

best

"Walking in the rubble
Walking over glass
Neighbors say we're trouble
Well that time has passed

Peering from the mirror
No, that isn't me
Stranger getting nearer
Who can this person be

You wouldn't know me at all today
From the fading light I fly

Rise like a phoenix
Out of the ashes
Seeking rather than vengeance
Retribution
You were warned
Once I'm transformed
Once I'm reborn
You know I will rise like a phoenix
But you're my flame"

best

"Silent tears
drop from these eyes tonight
Tears of prayer
for all those aching hearts

And when she cries
Diva is an angel
When she laughs
she's a devil
She is all beauty and love"

Dana International: "Viva La Diva" Birmingham NIA Eurovision Final 1998

best
an ecstatic "BrummieBoy"
[at The NIA in 1998 with Shazza.]

Anonymouswithapologies posted the link:

Morrissey brands Australia’s Eurovision entry ‘illogical’ - The Australian
by Iain Shedden
In the spirit of too much Moz is never enough, SD would like to add a little aside to the Morrissey interview elsewhere in this issue.

One thing with which yours truly could identify in the singer’s Autobiography was his childhood fascination with the Eurovision Song Contest, back in the day when its cheesiness was not offset by production values. Those were the days, if you were British, when sleep could be lost wondering if Boom Bang-a-Bang or Congratulations would be good enough to sway the judges from far-off lands, who screamed their verdicts down primitive phone lines.

Moz liked to sit in front of the TV and keep score, as indeed did I. More recently he was approached to write a song for the competition, so it seemed like a good idea to ask him what he thought of Eurovision today and of Australia’s participation in it. Not surprisingly, he was perfectly forthright.

“It’s illogical,” he said, “for Australia to be included unless they change the name of the contest. Seven-year-old kids will assume Australia to be in Europe.”

As to the phenomenon it has become since those formative years, Moz was less than enthusiastic. “The contest now is essentially about costumes and special effects, whereas years ago every singer had the same stage and the same lighting and no props. This meant that people actually heard the song, which isn’t possible now. Your ears fight against explosions and your eyes are blinded by flash photography and revolving lights and you begin to wonder if they are there to divert your attention from the fact that what you’re hearing isn’t actually any good.

“As with all modern music, the content is always the same, so that you either get the My Heart Will Go On power ballad, or you get the absurd monster-from-hell gimmick of someone being lowered into a bubbling vat of boiling fat. The song is the least consideration and seems to get in the way of the presentations.”

If Guy Sebastian should win, thus granting us entry again next year, we can assume we won’t be competing against Moz.

Related item:

Hopefully the cancellation of American Idol this week will offset his disappointment with the Eurovision candidates.

Israel isn't European either, so why can't Australia participate as well? That whole contest is an insult to anyone with the slightest musical taste, anyway.

Israel isn't European either, so why can't Australia participate as well? That whole contest is an insult to anyone with the slightest musical taste, anyway.

Exactly. Let them all participate and then award the winner with a plastic bullet to the voice box.

Morrissey, total numpty bottler. Whines about wanting a global audience, was invited to do Eurovision for the UK but scarpered. Why? In case he got Nul Pointes. He's a bitter clown, but he'll be watching alongside the World Gay Council. He always does, thinking it should be him. Sandie Shaw had the balls to do it and win. Morrissey? *rollseyes*

best
BB backstage with Terry Wogan, Ulrika and Graham Norton in Malmo for Eurovision 2015

Morrissey, total numpty bottler. Whines about wanting a global audience, was invited to do Eurovision for the UK but scarpered. Why? In case he got Nul Pointes. He's a bitter clown, but he'll be watching alongside the World Gay Council. He always does, thinking it should be him. Sandie Shaw had the balls to do it and win. Morrissey? *rollseyes*

best
BB backstage with Terry Wogan, Ulrika and Graham Norton in Malmo for Eurovision 2015

Dear BB, I can understand someone who likes to cause trouble once or twice, provoking a reaction and sitting back to laugh at all the ants scurrying around. Fair enough. But to keep at it for months and years seems like the nightmare of a damaged brain. Obviously you are here only to disrupt. But why bother? That is a serious question by the way. Surely you have better things to do?

Dear BB, I can understand someone who likes to cause trouble once or twice, provoking a reaction and sitting back to laugh at all the ants scurrying around. Fair enough. But to keep at it for months and years seems like the nightmare of a damaged brain. Obviously you are here only to disrupt. But why bother? That is a serious question by the way. Surely you have better things to do?

Take your 'serious question' and stick it up your arse. I've already answered your queries on several occasions. If you're interested go and browse my comment history. There is NOTHING more important or rewarding than debunking the 33 Years Of Refusal to discard Cheesetarianism that is the woeful legacy of the eejit known as 'Morrissey'. There is no greater activism on behalf of the animals than what I have done by exposing This Charlatan Man. He is my bitch now, forever! He better just keep his head down, avert eye contact with BrummieBoy at concerts and think up some delusional excuse for his Crank-Fraudism that allows him some shred of dignity.

However, I am not without compassion and mercy. He is in a very, very vulnerable place, clinging to the life-raft after I shipwrecked his life, holed him below the waterline. He needs to rest, detox in the Garden Of Vegan then: Rip It Up and start again. He is once again attempting to conflate Veganism and Vegetarianism but the latter is the enemy of animals, even if many of those who are 'vegetarian' are just harmless simpletons, like Morrissey. If you want to discuss the nightmares of a damaged brain, just watch the footage of Morrissey at Glastonbury bending and spreading to be shafted by both U2 and the Evil Eavis Dairy Empire. And he just had to take it like a prison bitch because he was hopelessly compromised. There is absolutely NO ethical distinction between meat, milk, eggs or any other animal secretion. To sing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst digesting Kerrygold Dubliner from the backstage pre-show cheese binge is the height of delusional evil. Banning Torture/Slaughter meat from venues whilst allowing Cheezy Paninis is a similar moral outrage. But, hey! Morrissey has woken up. He had no choice after 'BrummieBoy' walked onstage and threw a bucket of ice cold water over his over-heated emotionally incontinent brain. Using logic and reason BB brought his alabaster tumbling down and it's now in Smithereens. Morrissey has a choice: either man up and stop being a whiny mommy's boy at 56 or be subjected to another bout of hazing by Sergeant Major BrummieBoy. What the f*** do you think he can do to stop me/him/her/it/them? Come round the house with some *scary Mexican bouncers* or *East End boxers*. BB eats such specimens for breakfast, lunch and tea. He doesn't do muscles, he just goes straight to the Stanley. Srsly. He's not a nice person. He's a warrior and if Morrissey gets in his way, well....it wouldn't be a road-block for long. You get on with your silly 'fandom' and leave the serious stuff to BrummieBoy. For the record, posterity will record that BrummieBoy saved Morrissey's life and his legacy. It would have been a real tragedy if Morrissey had left the planet in cheezy delusionality. Now he's crawling from the wreckage and BB wishes him well. We have NEVER heard Morrissey sing. Not once. We have yet to hear HIS VEGAN VOICE. It will take a year of detoxing to clear his lungs and thorax of all the residual dairy accumulations. He's starting from scratch. And BB is preparing his own punk-prog-rockabilly-funk mayhem. There should be good times in the years ahead if fate is kind to both of them. But it doesn't matter. It's only 'pop music'. BB has spent his life as an undercover activist for the animals but someone has blown his cover....So, he may as well become a global, religiously famous icon for a few years. He said it would all be posthumous but he's changed his mind. His friends are in raptures and the rehearsals have begun. But he's an odd character so until he actually walks out onstage to the riff of #VegAnarchy In The UK nobody quite believes it will happen, even as they pray that it will. 'BrummieBoy' is orders of magnitude more important than this Morrissey character. And you can be absolutely sure that Morrissey knows this and that it is his fate to be eclipsed by the shy, bald Buddhist from Birmingham who he mocked at the miner's benefit on Cannock Chase. Big mistake, mate. In fact, BB is planning to have a whole set of Smiths/Morrissey covers now and then, just to show how it should be done. He will karaoke Morrissey into oblivion. LOL! Seriously, that is deffo going to happen, just for the lulz.

Enough! Your insolence is both impertinent and tiresome. Begone!

best
BB

Take your 'serious question' and stick it up your arse. I've already answered your queries on several occasions. If you're interested go and browse my comment history. There is NOTHING more important or rewarding than debunking the 33 Years Of Refusal to discard Cheesetarianism that is the woeful legacy of the eejit known as 'Morrissey'. There is no greater activism on behalf of the animals than what I have done by exposing This Charlatan Man. He is my bitch now, forever! He better just keep his head down, avert eye contact with BrummieBoy at concerts and think up some delusional excuse for his Crank-Fraudism that allows him some shred of dignity.

However, I am not without compassion and mercy. He is in a very, very vulnerable place, clinging to the life-raft after I shipwrecked his life, holed him below the waterline. He needs to rest, detox in the Garden Of Vegan then: Rip It Up and start again. He is once again attempting to conflate Veganism and Vegetarianism but the latter is the enemy of animals, even if many of those who are 'vegetarian' are just harmless simpletons, like Morrissey. If you want to discuss the nightmares of a damaged brain, just watch the footage of Morrissey at Glastonbury bending and spreading to be shafted by both U2 and the Evil Eavis Dairy Empire. And he just had to take it like a prison bitch because he was hopelessly compromised. There is absolutely NO ethical distinction between meat, milk, eggs or any other animal secretion. To sing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst digesting Kerrygold Dubliner from the backstage pre-show cheese binge is the height of delusional evil. Banning Torture/Slaughter meat from venues whilst allowing Cheezy Paninis is a similar moral outrage. But, hey! Morrissey has woken up. He had no choice after 'BrummieBoy' walked onstage and threw a bucket of ice cold water over his over-heated emotionally incontinent brain. Using logic and reason BB brought his alabaster tumbling down and it's now in Smithereens. Morrissey has a choice: either man up and stop being a whiny mommy's boy at 56 or be subjected to another bout of hazing by Sergeant Major BrummieBoy. What the f*** do you think he can do to stop me/him/her/it/them? Come round the house with some *scary Mexican bouncers* or *East End boxers*. BB eats such specimens for breakfast, lunch and tea. He doesn't do muscles, he just goes straight to the Stanley. Srsly. He's not a nice person. He's a warrior and if Morrissey gets in his way, well....it wouldn't be a road-block for long. You get on with your silly 'fandom' and leave the serious stuff to BrummieBoy. For the record, posterity will record that BrummieBoy saved Morrissey's life and his legacy. It would have been a real tragedy if Morrissey had left the planet in cheezy delusionality. Now he's crawling from the wreckage and BB wishes him well. We have NEVER heard Morrissey sing. Not once. We have yet to hear HIS VEGAN VOICE. It will take a year of detoxing to clear his lungs and thorax of all the residual dairy accumulations. He's starting from scratch. And BB is preparing his own punk-prog-rockabilly-funk mayhem. There should be good times in the years ahead if fate is kind to both of them. But it doesn't matter. It's only 'pop music'. BB has spent his life as an undercover activist for the animals but someone has blown his cover....So, he may as well become a global, religiously famous icon for a few years. He said it would all be posthumous but he's changed his mind. His friends are in raptures and the rehearsals have begun. But he's an odd character so until he actually walks out onstage to the riff of #VegAnarchy In The UK nobody quite believes it will happen, even as they pray that it will. 'BrummieBoy' is orders of magnitude more important than this Morrissey character. And you can be absolutely sure that Morrissey knows this and that it is his fate to be eclipsed by the shy, bald Buddhist from Birmingham who he mocked at the miner's benefit on Cannock Chase. Big mistake, mate. In fact, BB is planning to have a whole set of Smiths/Morrissey covers now and then, just to show how it should be done. He will karaoke Morrissey into oblivion. LOL! Seriously, that is deffo going to happen, just for the lulz.

Enough! Your insolence is both impertinent and tiresome. Begone!

best
BB

You clearly have too much time on your hands, have you ever heard the term "short is sweet"? You boring prick

Take your 'serious question' and stick it up your arse. I've already answered your queries on several occasions. If you're interested go and browse my comment history. There is NOTHING more important or rewarding than Blah Blah Blah INCOHERENT RAMBLINGS ETC ETC MUCK Blah Blah Boring Blah
BB
Athlete's Foot makes more sense than you do. A steaming turd has more to offer the world.

best

Yes I remember that he flirted the idea that they should ask him to sing in the Eurovision contest and then he did a duck-dynasty when they approached him. He did it again when he last performed at the M E N arena when he announced that he'd been given the key to somewhere or other and " do you know what Manchester gave me ! Nothing ! " When Manchester council got wind of his outburst they offered to meet with his people to discuss his needs but once again he did a duck-dynasty. Recently he announced he would be appearing on Alan Carr chatty-man show only to do a duck-dynasty again. He talks the talk and that's all there is to him (full of shit).

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom