Morrissey Bodyguard Lawsuit -- He Wanted Me to F*** Up Fan Club Honcho - TMZ

Re: Morrissey wants to harm DavidT according to former bodyguard

Somehow having trouble picturing Morrissey begging some random guy to work for him & generally having conversations with the hired staff. Good try Bradley but you made your Moz a little too chatty to be credible.

I have been here since the early years but forgot my login info. This site will always be the place to go for news and open criticism and praise. The clowns at FTM and their loser leader TRB censor anything that is critical of Morrissey; all they want to do is blindly praise him without any thought. Whatever Morrissey says is what they believe. This is not fandom; it is total arse-kissing and sycophancy.

Thanks lawyer Aldebaran, but "actual malice" is not "a near impossibility to prove." Moz could easily prove the requisite element. Viva Moz with meritorious claim.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actual_malice

"Actual malice" comes from New York Times Co. v. Sullivan. And as its wiki page states: "Because of the extremely high burden of proof on the plaintiff [the public figure], and the difficulty of proving the defendant's knowledge and intentions, such cases—when they involve public figures—rarely prevail."

This is one of the primary reasons why defamation/libel suits by public figures are rarely brought to court. In Europe and elsewhere? Yes. In the U.S.? Rarely.

Source: I saw it on Ally McBeal. S02E05

Not quite true. In California, there's Anti-SLAPP. This motion basically requires the plaintiff to prove his case right now without the benefit of discovery (providing that the complained of conduct somehow involved speech, which this case probably does). If Moz prevails, the plaintiff would have to pay his attorneys' fees. He can also go up and down the appeals' ladder. This is very much a "he said, he said" case, which will be difficult for the plaintiff (he has the burden of proof) unless he can produce witnesses.

This case is nowhere close to the kind of case where an anti-slapp motion will be brought. This is a garden variety wrongful termination case; Steyn does not seek to deprive Morrissey of any 1st amendment protection.

Source: L.A. Law S04E10.

If true this is really discusting...

David has been running this wonderful site for ages, and we the fans have a lot to thank him... my simpathy goes entirely to him

I hear they are making this into a movie...
fxvzpe.jpg

Skylarker made the original point way back in this (or maybe another) thread, but it's interesting to compare these two snippets from TTY.

VIupOyg.jpg

P.

Jesus, this is appalling. Really, really appalling.

P.

A post to live in infamy.

And one that speaks succinctly to the viewpoint of those...in positions of authority, shall we say?, at this site. Within a couple of hours of the 'story' breaking you believe a South African muscle-for-hire on a gutter-edged trash gossip site, over an 'artist' who has been a major part of your life, give or take, for over 30 years; believing him to be capable of no less than murder? Appalling doesn't even touch it.

And please spare me the 'If it's true..' schtick. How much effort and time would it have taken to type those three words in the original post? The assumption was foregone.

And if you truly think Morrissey wrote Jesse Tobias' statement then just say so, rather than cloaking it in snark. The fact that Jesse's statement features an abundance of unnecessary capitalisation while Morrissey's has none would seem to scream 'er, nice Try... but No sale'

A post to live in infamy.

And one that speaks succinctly to the viewpoint of those...in positions of authority, shall we say?, at this site. Within a couple of hours of the 'story' breaking you believe a South African muscle-for-hire on a gutter-edged trash gossip site, over an 'artist' who has been a major part of your life, give or take, for over 30 years; believing him to be capable of no less than murder? Appalling doesn't even touch it.

And please spare me the 'If it's true..' schtick. How much effort and time would it have taken to type those three words in the original post? The assumption was foregone.

And if you truly think Morrissey wrote Jesse Tobias' statement then just say so, rather than cloaking it in snark. The fact that Jesse's statement features an abundance of unnecessary capitalisation while Morrissey's has none would seem to scream 'er, nice Try... but No sale'

I'm happy for you to think whatever you like about me. And you will.

Regarding the TTY posts, I don't know where you got the idea I said Moz wrote Jesse's statement. Where on earth is that said? I juxtaposed them to show that, on his own mouthpiece site, there is a disconnect. Either Jesse or Morrissey is not being truthful about their statement, and I don't know which one it is.

P.

I juxtaposed them to show that, on his own mouthpiece site, there is a disconnect. Either Jesse or Morrissey is not being truthful about their statement, and I don't know which one it is.

Or it could be one of two other less sinister possibilities: (1) We don't know exactly what Jesse meant by "Morrissey Camp," and whether that camp would—in his mind—include each individual security guard hired, or (2) just because someone is there "because of Morrissey" (to use Jesse's words) does not necessarily mean that Morrissey had any "personal involvement" (to use Morrissey's words) with that person.

A friend of mine was hired to do catering on a Morrissey tour. Was she there because of Morrissey? Yes, absolutely. Did he have any personal involvement with her? No way!

I think what both Skylarker and Uncleskinny were getting at is that very recently, someone of significant standing in the Morrissey camp issued a statement via TTY in which he stated that no one working for Morrissey does so without Morrissey's foreknowledge or consent. This seems to be at odds with Morrissey's claim that he had no involvement with Steyn.

Edit: Chickpea just made some very valid points as to why this may not be as incongruous as it seems.

Or it could be one of two other less sinister possibilities: (1) We don't know exactly what Jesse meant by "Morrissey Camp," and whether that camp would—in his mind—include each individual security guard hired, or (2) just because someone is there "because of Morrissey" (to use Jesse's words) does not necessarily mean that Morrissey had any "personal involvement" (to use Morrissey's words) with that person.

A friend of mine was hired to do catering on a Morrissey tour. Was she there because of Morrissey? Yes, absolutely. Did he have any personal involvement with her? No way!

Chickpea: Solo Voice of Reason.

That's weak logic Anyone who goes to a show is there because of Morrissey. Are you suggesting that Jesse did NOT mean that those among the 'camp' are not vetted or approved? What did he mean then? Go back and have a look at the rest of that statement. It was to do with Kristeen Young. Do you remember the Andrew Winters tour manager/roadie story? It's all there.

P.

That's weak logic Anyone who goes to a show is there because of Morrissey.

Heh. Yes, but we are talking about people who have been hired in some capacity to perform a service for Morrissey on a tour. Thus, the caterer analogy.

Are you suggesting that Jesse did NOT mean that those among the 'camp' are not vetted or approved? What did he mean then? Go back and have a look at the rest of that statement.

I have read the entire statement numerous times. It's very short. I don't know exactly what he meant, because I'm not him and he's not here with us to ask for clarification. Therefore, I only have the words he chose to use to go on.

Do you remember the Andrew Winters tour manager/roadie story? It's all there.

No. I have no idea who or what that is. The only statements I am responding to are the ones from Jesse Tobias and Morrissey, which are the ones you believe to be at odds with each other to the point of one of them "not being truthful."

I should add that I am not a conspiracy theorist by nature. Sometimes people don't phrase things exactly the way they wish they would have when flaws are pointed out to them later. That doesn't make them liars.

Last edited:
That's weak logic Anyone who goes to a show is there because of Morrissey. Are you suggesting that Jesse did NOT mean that those among the 'camp' are not vetted or approved? What did he mean then? Go back and have a look at the rest of that statement. It was to do with Kristeen Young. Do you remember the Andrew Winters tour manager/roadie story? It's all there.

P.

Weak logic is when you declare the story atrocious before hearing all the sides of the story. That's called Poisoning the Well. You extended your reign of false logic yesterday by telling everyone who confronted you that they couldn't prove it didn't happen. That's called Circular Reasoning. So spare me the lectures of weak logic, as a moderator you should know better. Pulling the "I'm a logical scientist looking for proof." is yet ANOTHER exhibit of false logic, Appeal to Authority. Even a Chemist can act like a gossipy old hag over tea.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom