Morrissey Bodyguard Lawsuit -- He Wanted Me to F*** Up Fan Club Honcho - TMZ

Re: Morrissey wants to harm DavidT according to former bodyguard

Somehow having trouble picturing Morrissey begging some random guy to work for him & generally having conversations with the hired staff. Good try Bradley but you made your Moz a little too chatty to be credible.

I perversely wonder if this story will actually help WPINOYB sales? Maybe this is how more people will discover his new album?

Looking at Steyn's profile makes me a little worried that there may actually be something to this story beyond a simple cash grab.

Not that Steyn's above reproach or beyond a shakedown but he's not just a sawdust bar bouncer either. He has a full-blown career in security in various environments. One of my oldest friends has a similar career (with added VIP close protection in Afghanistan and elsewhere) -- guys like this don't put their careers on the line lightly.

Then again, maybe he's just fuming that he was removed from the tour added to the opportunity cost of whatever other gig(s) he had turned down.

Looking at Steyn's profile makes me a little worried that there may actually be something to this story beyond a simple cash grab.

Not that Steyn's above reproach or beyond a shakedown but he's not just a sawdust bar bouncer either. He has a full-blown career in security in various environments. One of my oldest friends has a similar career (with added VIP close protection in Afghanistan and elsewhere) -- guys like this don't put their careers on the line lightly.

Then again, maybe he's just fuming that he was removed from the tour added to the opportunity cost of whatever other gig(s) he had turned down.

Why take out a lawsuit and not just go to the police? Seems odd to me.

So what do we actually have here? A report on a tabloid website that implies (without actually stating as such) there being some kind of connection between the stage rush in San Jose and a bodyguard's claim that Morrissey and/or his manager (the article waffles on which one he is actually accusing) wanting David Tseng killed. Obviously there's no connection, but TMZ needed to add more bulk to their thin story—and, of course, get their readers to click on another article.

"the singer's manager wanted the guy killed" / "Morrissey had more diabolical plans" / "the tour manager asked"

I mean, which is it? That's a pretty huge distinction, and if TMZ actually had access to the language in the lawsuit document, they'd know the answer. Who exactly is being accused here? And what are they being accused of? We have: "could get hurt" / "could be gotten rid of" / "wanted the guy killed" —again, huge distinctions. Not that bodily harm is A-OK, but these are all red flags for me when it comes to sites like TMZ. They don't actually even state that they've spoken to Steyn or his attorney. There is NO mention of any sort of police report ever having been filed or of a subsequent investigation.

Regardless of what you think about Morrissey's past behavior when it comes to this website, there's pretty vast canyon of difference between t-shirts and threatened legal action and wanting to have someone murdered. (And those who are quoting lyrics—really? Do we need to reflect on The Queen is Dead and Margaret on the Guillotine?)

Whatever is going on here, the fallout is going to be atrocious. We all lose. This is just awful on so many levels.

Why take out a lawsuit and not just go to the police? Seems odd to me.

Because the bodyguard isn't the caped crusader trying to save the world.. (none of his business anyway).. he claims to be f***ed over jobwise, by being fired for not wanting to participate in illegal activities.. he wants to recuprate his lost income.. going to the police isn't going to help him with that.. that's what civil trials are for.. also the burden of proof is different in civil trials, less stringent.. but maybe David can go to the police and strat a criminal trial.

Wait - you know it's untrue? Can you provide a link or other evidence? Thing is, other than the TMZ article, not a single person on here knows anything about this. I'm willing to wait for more information. BUT, iif it as as displayed, then it is pretty dreadful.

P.

Anyone with a reasonable amount of brain cells knows its bullshit, that obviously rules you out of course

Because the bodyguard isn't the caped crusader trying to save the world.. (none of his business anyway).. he claims to be f***ed over jobwise, by being fired for not wanting to participate in illegal activities.. he wants to recuprate his lost income.. going to the police isn't going to help him with that.. that's what civil trials are for.. also the burden of proof is different in civil trials, less stringent.. but maybe David can go to the police and strat a criminal trial.

Oh, you mean a disgruntled sacked employee is trying to make money from the celebrity of his former employer. Thanks. I understand now.

So what do we actually have here? A report on a tabloid website that implies (without actually stating as such) there being some kind of connection between the stage rush in San Jose and a bodyguard's claim that Morrissey and/or his manager (the article waffles on which one he is actually accusing) wanting David Tseng killed. Obviously there's no connection, but TMZ needed to add more bulk to their thin story—and, of course, get their readers to click on another article.

"the singer's manager wanted the guy killed" / "Morrissey had more diabolical plans" / "the tour manager asked"

I mean, which is it? That's a pretty huge distinction, and if TMZ actually had access to the language in the lawsuit document, they'd know the answer. Who exactly is being accused here? And what are they being accused of? We have: "could get hurt" / "could be gotten rid of" / "wanted the guy killed" —again, huge distinctions. Not that bodily harm is A-OK, but these are all red flags for me when it comes to sites like TMZ. They don't actually even state that they've spoken to Steyn or his attorney. There is NO mention of any sort of police report ever having been filed or of a subsequent investigation.

Regardless of what you think about Morrissey's past behavior when it comes to this website, there's pretty vast canyon of difference between t-shirts and threatened legal action and wanting to have someone murdered. (And those who are quoting lyrics—really? Do we need to reflect on The Queen is Dead and Margaret on the Guillotine?)

Whatever is going on here, the fallout is going to be atrocious. We all lose. This is just awful on so many levels.

this. very reasonable

I'm a lurker, only ever posted in the Collecting forum, but I read this site every day...

Sometimes I listen to the new album and unfortunately even the good songs are occasionally marred by the unshakeable veil of the personality behind them. This seems to be increasing over time. It makes me enjoy the music and lyrics less, knowing that they're reaching me in implausible waves of self-pity.

I for one want to thank DavidT for continuing with this site and sharing the news, good and bad. It must be very difficult to have faith in a project when the object of your interest is persistently hateful towards you. Morrissey doesn't realise that if he succeeds in cutting you off he instantly eradicates 95% of his marketing... Observers like me - and many others - would never know about things that are so important to Morrissey - the RSD 10", the orange vinyl WPINOYB - if we didn't see it here. Keep up the good work DavidT!

This could have been written by me. Totally agree with everything you said.

well if he is responsible for moderation yo u can claim i think some degree control and responsibility for what gets posted and stays and also to what gets posted on the main page. that said i dont really see a bunch of intrusion on his part into mozs personasl life even if i dont agree about the moderation. many people disagree about moderation though. i still post here so that must say something i guess
I take your point.
The ultimate irony, however, is that I believe this site has endeavoured to try and manage the minefield that is moderation since it's several changes.
Given some of the topics discussed here, it should be quite evident that their is little 'interference' by David... Unless he supports the balding, drunken, aids carrying, humasexual lizard people agenda that people are 'allowed' to express.
Hopefully a storm in a teacup.
FWD

Right here on this web site....some anonymous puke made a threat against Morrissey's life. I and some others posted that the IP address should be sent to authorities. Was it?

Shortly after that I went to see Morrissey and his band in Florida and was patted down , along with everyone else, it seemed...to check for what???

Point is there are many violent and stupid people in this world.....The whole story has the smell of fear and greed and it's not coming from Morrissey. We'll have to wait and let the process take it's course.

Perhaps it was something along the lines of "bring me the head of David Tseng!" Elton John could have sued Morrissey years ago.

That said, Morrissey's tour manager does sound a bit unstable.

Regardless of how he looks on paper, Bradley got fired because he sucks at his job. Having said that, Donnie Knutson is a drama queen who Morrissey should have fired ages ago. This lawsuit will go nowhere.

Morrissey uses the language of violence often, so it isn't surprising to hear such things.

There is, however, a huge difference between saying something and meaning it. I wouldn't be surprised if he said it, but I would be surprised if he meant it.

The manager sounds like total fruitcake though. Does he think he's in the Ant Hill Mob?

Shortly after that I went to see Morrissey and his band in Florida and was patted down , along with everyone else, it seemed...to check for what???

The patting down has happened since forever:

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps it was something along the lines of "bring me the head of David Tseng!" Elton John could have sued Morrissey years ago.

That said, Morrissey's tour manager does sound a bit unstable.

Yeah, he does....but who knows?

The young man that runs this web site may mean well...but in my opinion he lets too many people that actually despise Morrissey to post on here. When that happens it loses it's attraction as a fan site.

Some fans are so damaged that love turns to hate...very quickly. People that hate should not be allowed to post if this site is to be considered legitimate. My opinion....

Yeah, he does....but who knows?

The young man that runs this web site may mean well...but in my opinion he lets too many people that actually despise Morrissey to post on here. When that happens it loses it's attraction as a fan site.

Some fans are so damaged that love turns to hate...very quickly. People that hate should not be allowed to post if this site is to be considered legitimate. My opinion....

I think you should only be allowed to post here if you acknowledge how shite World Peace really is. If you love it, you're bound to be a class A nutjob.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom