Morrissey Bodyguard Lawsuit -- He Wanted Me to F*** Up Fan Club Honcho - TMZ

Re: Morrissey wants to harm DavidT according to former bodyguard

Somehow having trouble picturing Morrissey begging some random guy to work for him & generally having conversations with the hired staff. Good try Bradley but you made your Moz a little too chatty to be credible.

What a garbage story. Nope.

This is nutty.
In the least it could become a police investigation, which would be the ultimate unforeseen twist in the Mozfather's career.
I really hope it doesn't come to that.

Ironic that super-fan Julia is one of Morrissey's most trusted inner circle and super-fan David (yes, I still think he can be called that) is one of Morrissey's leading objects of hatred...

I think it's more likely that Bradley got the call to join the tour, flew out, then got the boot in the middle of nowhere, and has spent the last couple of months trying to get his airfare back from 'Camp Moz'. Now THAT I can well believe. As for wanting to 'f*** up' - well, that could mean anything.

Morrissey needs to get to the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, pronto!!!

this is likely not true or blown way out of proportion but I do find it amusing that someone who sings a song such as World Peace is None Of Your Business treats people and conducts himself like a cross between the royal family and some kind of dictatorship in miniature.

So instead of going to the police to report solicitation for murder, Steyn sits on the whole thing for a couple of months and then files a personal lawsuit…and then goes to a tabloid website with his "exclusive"? Give me a break. This guy never believed there was any threat against anyone's life.

Thank you for saying this because I really couldn't stomach explaining it. I'm sure it was difficult for you to muster the finger moves to type it. Thanks and well said.

Honestly if only this was being posted on April 1st. I've heard some whoppers in my time but this one takes the cake. You're right Peter this is appalling. Appalling that this oxygen thief is being given any press time at all with this ludicrous story.

Have we considered the possibility that this is an attempted coup d'etat by Julia, Lady Macbeth fashion???

I shouldn't joke. This is quite horrifying either way, isn't it?

Fame, fame, fatal fame. It can play hideous tricks on the brain.

Honestly if only this was being posted on April 1st. I've heard some whoppers in my time but this one takes the cake. You're right Peter this is appalling. Appalling that this oxygen thief is being given any press time at all with this ludicrous story.

Wait - you know it's untrue? Can you provide a link or other evidence? Thing is, other than the TMZ article, not a single person on here knows anything about this. I'm willing to wait for more information. BUT, iif it as as displayed, then it is pretty dreadful.

P.

Last edited:
A man who slits throats has time on his hands....and Moz's gonna get ya, David.
Or one of his hired goons, at least.
Time to beef up the home security?

So according to TMZ this South African was begged to join as security after the San Jose concert this year, but others say he's been working as security for Morrissey for years. And there is no connection between being 'bum rushed' the San Jose concert and Morrissey-Solo.com This just doesn't sound real; certainly not the way it's been reported. If the South African said all this happened in 2003, well that would be different. Could this lawsuit be the real reason why the tour was cancelled?

Last edited:
Wait - you know it's untrue? Can you provde a link or other evidence?

P.

Evidence? Yeah it's on TMZ!!

So went you meant 'appalling' you just automatically assumed the story is true? Yeah come to think of it and your negativity toward Morrissey that is EXACTLY what you would do. Never need an excuse to put the boot in do you?

Ironic that super-fan Julia is one of Morrissey's most trusted inner circle and super-fan David (yes, I still think he can be called that) is one of Morrissey's leading objects of hatred...

It's not that weird at all when you think about it. Both David and Julia had fanzines in the fanzine days. Both were superfans from back then, travelling to many shows etc. David started a great site, that got very popular (for a fansite) but which, for various reasons, wasn't under Morrissey's complete control and which ended up running some stories which annoyed him. So what better way to get back at David and also to threaten his fansite (not necessarily just out of pure spite but also to attract fans to another source), than to patronise another fansite and another fan. Julia is perfectly compliant. David isn't. That's the material difference.

Evidence? Yeah it's on TMZ!!

So went you meant 'appalling' you just automatically assumed the story is true? Yeah come to think of it and your negativity toward Morrissey that is EXACTLY what you would do. Never need an excuse to put the boot in do you?

Read what I said again. YOU don't know, I don't know. Evidence is king. HOW do you know it's not true? Show me the evidence? I'm not the one adopting a position one way or another on here - you are - on what basis?

P.

I'm a lurker, only ever posted in the Collecting forum, but I read this site every day...

Sometimes I listen to the new album and unfortunately even the good songs are occasionally marred by the unshakeable veil of the personality behind them. This seems to be increasing over time. It makes me enjoy the music and lyrics less, knowing that they're reaching me in implausible waves of self-pity.

I for one want to thank DavidT for continuing with this site and sharing the news, good and bad. It must be very difficult to have faith in a project when the object of your interest is persistently hateful towards you. Morrissey doesn't realise that if he succeeds in cutting you off he instantly eradicates 95% of his marketing... Observers like me - and many others - would never know about things that are so important to Morrissey - the RSD 10", the orange vinyl WPINOYB - if we didn't see it here. Keep up the good work DavidT!

Very well said!

So according to TMZ this South African was begged to join as security after the San Jose concert this year, but others say he's been working as security for Morrissey for years.

He's been working as Morrissey's head of security OFF AND ON for years - ie, he's worked most tours, but not every single show/tour leg. Bradley didn't start the most recent US tour, but obviously got the call after Moz started getting manhandled a bit too much for his liking on some of the dates.

Read what I said again. YOU don't know, I don't know. Evidence is king. HOW do you know it's not true? Show me the evidence? I'm not the one adopting a position one way or another on here - you are - on what basis?

P.

Oh well then please elucidate. What did you actually mean by the 'appalling' quip? What was it that you actually found 'appalling?' After all you obviously found something about it so appalling you mentioned it twice!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom