Morrissey wants to harm DavidT according to former bodyguard ...according to TMZ:
Morrissey Bodyguard Lawsuit -- He Wanted Me to F*** Up Fan Club Honcho - TMZ
Morrissey wanted to turn his security guard into a thug ... to hurt a fan he despised, and the singer's manager wanted the guy killed ... so claims the bodyguard in a new lawsuit.
Bradley Steyn claims Morrissey begged him to become his hired muscle ... after a San Jose show where he was bum rushed on stage by fans.
Steyn signed on ... but claims it quickly became apparent Morrissey had more diabolical plans.
According to Steyn ... Morrissey hated the guy who ran one of his fan websites -- Morrissey-solo.com -- which he felt invaded his personal life. Steyn claims in the suit Morrissey asked if there was a way the fan "could get hurt."
Steyn claims right in front of Morrissey ... the tour manager asked if the fan "could be gotten rid of." Then they discussed how to get the fan's home address.
Steyn says in the suit he rejected the overture ... and got fired the next day.
We tried getting in touch with Morrissey ... so far, no luck.
UPDATE 9:45 AM PT:
Bradley Steyn - true-to-you.net
UPDATE Aug. 3:
Identification of Bradley Steyn - true-to-you.net - Aug. 3, 2014
"Morrissey Fansite Founder Responds to Alleged Threats" - Yahoo Music; Statement and TMZ Live clip (updated) - July 31, 2014
The target of Morrissey’s alleged-but-denied murder/pain plot answered a couple of our questions - The A.V. Club - July 31, 2014
UPDATE Aug. 5:
Bradley Steyn complaint filed in the Orange County Superior Court (July 29, 2014) - Aug. 5, 2014
UPDATE Jan. 6, 2015:
Steyn vs. Morrissey case minutes - "Plaintiff reported that matter has settled" - Jan. 6, 2015
UPDATE Mar. 12, 2015:
Steyn vs. Morrissey case minutes (Mar. 11, 2015) - "Plaintiff represented that case is close to settling" - Mar. 12, 2015
UPDATE May 5, 2015:
Steyn vs. Morrissey - answer to complaint filed by Morrissey (April 10, 2015) - May 5, 2015
UPDATE May 28, 2015:
Steyn vs. Morrissey - case dismissed on May 11, 2015 following request for 'dismissal with prejudice' - May 28, 2015
- Morrissey's Bodyguard Sues, Claims Morrissey Wanted Him to "Hurt" Fan Site Operator - Pitchfork. Link posted by Morrissey_Sucks.
- Barbarism Begins At Home: Lawsuit claims Morrissey wanted bodyguard to 'hurt' superfan - Vanyaland. Link posted by Morrissey_Sucks.
- Morrissey wanted to get ‘rid of’ super-fan, bodyguard alleges - Page Six
- Morrissey Bodyguard Claims He Was Fired For Refusing To Murder Fan Site Admin - Stereogum
- Morrissey wanted to “hurt” webmaster of fan site, new lawsuit alleges - Consequence of Sound
- Morrissey vs Morrissey-solo - We Heart Music