Morrissey @ BMG Office in London (with Craig Ericson, Rise Records CEO)

Additional information from Famous when dead:

Morrissey pictured with Rise Records CEO (Craig Ericson).

39681_craigericson_bmg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor bastard. He looks like he has no idea what misery would lay in store for him if he signs Morrissey to a record deal.
They would probably get on ok together if they never made demands of Moz and spent some money on advertising. Nothing sells without advertising. I was staggered to read that the budget to make 'Star Wars Rogue One' was the same as its advertising budget. Obviously it works.

Your mad if you're going too work with that queen will all end in tears Steven is unmanageable egotistical prick

Very simple rule when unsure whether to use Morrissey and I or Morrissey and me: forget about Morrissey for a while - would you say "I at the BMG office" or "me at the BMG office"?

Morrissey and me at the BMG office is correct.

Last edited:
How did you work that one out? I'm keen to see if I am wrong. If I am I am happy to be corrected.

It's a mistake that tons of people make. The belief that 'me' is bad grammar, and 'I' or 'myself' is correct. You just need to isolate the first person. If there was only you in the situation, what word would you use? You wouldn't say here is a photo of I.

Vauxhall and me ?

Thing is, "you" versus "I" is a question about what's preferred in formal English. But we don't expect Instagram posts and album titles to be written in formal English. So either "Morrissey and me at..." or "Morrissey and I at..." would be fine, although the latter might be criticised as hypercorrection (i.e. correcting something that was fine to begin with). "Vauxhall and I" is also fine, although it uses a construction that was more common in the past and among posh people, so it's evocative of an old book title or something like that.

Thing is, "you" versus "I" is a question about what's preferred in formal English. But we don't expect Instagram posts and album titles to be written in formal English. So either "Morrissey and me at..." or "Morrissey and I at..." would be fine, although the latter might be criticised as hypercorrection (i.e. correcting something that was fine to begin with). "Vauxhall and I" is also fine, although it uses a construction that was more common in the past and among posh people, so it's evocative of an old book title or something like that.

because of my poor education and my possession of a poetic license..
though wrong, I prefer 'I' in both cases. It just sounds right.

So I made a common mistake that isn't a mistake and isn't all that common either.
because of my poor education and my possession of a poetic license..
though wrong, I prefer 'I' in both cases. It just sounds right.
I must have been educated in the same place, era, or dimension as you. 'Morrissey and me' sounds wrong to me.

So I made a common mistake that isn't a mistake and isn't all that common either.

No, it was a genuine mistake, because "Morrissey and me at..." isn't wrong and didn't need correcting. Nothing to worry about, though. You won't get arrested for it.

That jacket is starting to grow on me the more I look at it. You should always give a jacket a second chance.

"When we grew up and went to school" many of us have used "me" when "I" was correct and been corrected but not given a proper explanation so became conditioned to think "I" is proper which is probably why it might "sound right." But in this case "Me at BMG office in London" is correct and "I at BMG office in London" is not correct and does not sound right.
Next week we can talk about who vs whom.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom