Morrissey @ BMG Office in London (with Craig Ericson, Rise Records CEO)

Additional information from Famous when dead:

Morrissey pictured with Rise Records CEO (Craig Ericson).

39681_craigericson_bmg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe that's why Moz is wearing it?
To make Oscar in heaven a bit jealous? Just a tiny, little bit?
Nothing serious though, but...
i think that's the most likely scenario! i have a red velvet jacket that i like to think oscar would be jealous of. it has little wooden buttons in different shapes. it doesnt fit at the moment. erm.... too many pistachio macarons, i think :o

all Morrissey wants is an employer to keep their promises and give him what they promised when he first signed.eveybody else expects it in their working life so why would he be any different its called employment law.on the jacket,when your a star you have to dress like a star.

hear hear ! :thumb:

also what are some on about? the button dangles very much intact.

I maintain he looks very cool and happy in that jacket.
Maybe funny too but did it not occur to you it might be on purpose?
Not saying it is but I just think this is typical Moz.
Perhaps, but I hope he knows it is terrible and is having a laugh over all of this.

I'd well believe that Moz can do an album in a week. We've seen the footage and heard the stories down through the years that he often does his vocals in one take. So different to other artists who almost record one word at a time and then spend a week wondering if they pronounced the word right. I saw how Depeche Mode recorded the 'Sounds of the Universe' album and that was almost as painful to watch as listening to that dreadful album was. We saw in '25 Live' bonus material that Moz often just does one take and that's it. I know Johnny Marr mentioned something similar in his autobiography (I think it was how Moz did the vocals for 'There is a Light' in one take).
Quite true. And it's interesting to note that Morrissey had a general idea of how he wanted to lay down his lyrics very early in The Smiths.

Morrissey noted in his Autobiography how John Porter had talked him into recording 'Reel Around the Fountain' by singing and recording it one line at a time. Morrissey, while he was reluctant, did it, and I believe he coughed it up to him being a bit naive to the recording industry process, which is completely reasonable. We all grow and progress (hopefully) as the years goes on in our own professions.

But it does speak to his talent as an artist in knowing what he wanted as far back as circa '83.

Tell me you're taking the piss! It's f***ing 'kettle' you knobhead. What's wrong with people on here? It's POT / KETTLE, POT / KETTLE.
Dear God please help me.

JP

I'm sure that nobody cares, but the last few posts supposedly written by me were actually written by 'Benny'. Just look at the different ip address (it is the one used by 'Benny') and writing 'style'. He has spent his Tuesday evening sat having an online conversation with himself, pretending to be somebody else. I will just leave that image there for you to mull over.

I could not give two hoots about typos and spelling errors and I would never criticise Q-Q-Q as he/she is one of the best things on here.

Q-Q-Q your posts are always interesting, engaging, funny and true. Long may you reign.

My issue with 'Benny' is that he is a liar and I don't like liars.

I accept the right of anybody to express an opinion on anything, but not when blatant lies are used to justify that opinion.

As I'm not really interested in a guerrilla battle with lying scum like 'Benny' I will sign off now.

As this is a site dedicated to all things Moz I will leave you expressing the sincere hope that the next album is the best one ever. See you down the front.

JP

So what have we got here? SP Morrissey has his photo with the head of a fairly small record label.
It's a meeting in their London office but the label is US based. Did the boss fly over especially?
Mr Record Label has posted it on his Twitter account (presumably he would have OK'd this with Morrissey who might have otherwise asked for their meeting to be confidential).
Both look happy, and have publicised the fact that they've met, and presumably the meeting went well.
So it does look like some genuinely good news which hopefully we'll hear more about in next couple of weeks. Best case scenario is new album.
Worst case is World Peace reissue, or maybe he's just a fanboy and their meeting, although amicable, didn't really come to anything and Moz happy for pic as it lets other labels know he's chasing after a deal.

Last edited:
I'm sure that nobody cares, but the last few posts supposedly written by me were actually written by 'Benny'. Just look at the different ip address (it is the one used by 'Benny') and writing 'style'. He has spent his Tuesday evening sat having an online conversation with himself, pretending to be somebody else. I will just leave that image there for you to mull over.

I could not give two hoots about typos and spelling errors and I would never criticise Q-Q-Q as he/she is one of the best things on here.

Q-Q-Q your posts are always interesting, engaging, funny and true. Long may you reign.

My issue with 'Benny' is that he is a liar and I don't like liars.

I accept the right of anybody to express an opinion on anything, but not when blatant lies are used to justify that opinion.

As I'm not really interested in a guerrilla battle with lying scum like 'Benny' I will sign off now.

As this is a site dedicated to all things Moz I will leave you expressing the sincere hope that the next album is the best one ever. See you down the front.

JP

Thank you JP,
You are very kind.
Like you I am still a fan of Moz and it doesn't mean we can't be critical, but the fact remains for me and you and many others he still has it. He is still a very interesting, relevant artist to me as WPINOYB proved. There are not many artists with an oeuvre like he has, that move me.
I hope whenever I say stupid things you and others will point it out to me.
Cheers

what about this,mozz and the band pay for the album to be made,,,do a huge tour ,,,charge fifteen quid over the price of the ticket and everybody gets a copy of the album when they walk into the concert,,,,sounds too simple but it cuts out the middle man and you don't have to deal with record company egos,,,mozzs contacts with people like ross and norton would get him a slot on tv to promote.somebody tell me I'm a genius or somebody tell me I'm talking shit,,,you decide.

Morrissey has (wrongly or rightly) always been obsessed with chart positions. Doing things this way means the album would struggle to make the top 20, instead of an almost guaranteed top 5 (with a chance of a number 1). In fact I don't know if such sales would count at all via this route. Otherwise, yes would be a good way to get the album out there especially as most people at the live shows don't tend to have his latest album (just check how many people sing along to a WP song compared to the Smiths stuff and his big post-Smiths singles).

what about this,mozz and the band pay for the album to be made,,,do a huge tour ,,,charge fifteen quid over the price of the ticket and everybody gets a copy of the album when they walk into the concert,,,,sounds too simple but it cuts out the middle man and you don't have to deal with record company egos,,,mozzs contacts with people like ross and norton would get him a slot on tv to promote.somebody tell me I'm a genius or somebody tell me I'm talking shit,,,you decide.
Genius!

W

I'm going with talking shit gordyboy because there is no "band" to start with.
They're all replaceable just like parts of a lawnmower and the present line up apart from Lopez have already proved how shit they are with their contributions on World Peace.

Regrets! He has too many to mention. (serves him right for being a tw#t)

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

( over to you JP )

AH BENJAMIN.i know your not a real butcher because most butchers have lost a finger or a thumb after 40 years of cutting up coos n sheep,you have obviously got all your digits because your always on here typing away any time of day even when us normal people are in bed.get yourself a girlfriend before its too late.

All I see is his inflated ego that through all of the years he can not drop. Horrible face.

All I can see is your inflated ego doing quite well here, sweetie pie :laughing:

OK, you're Jay, but are you the Jay I know? Are you the Jay that haunts me in my ECT dreams?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom