Morrissey blog post on bullfighting, album stream to be posted on PETA US website

An anonymous person posts the link:

‘The Bullfighter Dies’: Exclusive Morrissey Song Hits Out at Cruel Sport Ahead of Pamplona - PETA blog

Excerpt:

In a sneak peak from a blog post written by the compassionate star, which will be posted in full later this month by PETA US, Morrissey says of bullfighting:

The contest is not equal, the animal is unable to protest or to walk away, and the bullfighter doesn’t even actually fight the bull at all! Whatever the results, whatever the motive, the bullfight is systematic torture, and the disgrace of it falls back on any society that allows it to continue.

He also explained the message of the song, which you can listen to here:

“The Bullfighter Dies” is a shout out for the total abolition of the living horror of bullfighting, and since those who control such barbarity have no interest in the welfare of the bull, then we can only approach the subject by stressing how the overwhelming majority do not have any sympathy when the bullfight does not go the bullfighters’ way. Why should we?

Last edited by a moderator:
Per the BBC "As well as Portugal, bullfighting takes place in several European countries including Spain and parts of France.

It also takes place in Latin American countries like Cuba, Mexico and Venezuela. It also takes place in the US state of California.". So are we to assume that Moz will boycott those places as well?

Per the BBC "As well as Portugal, bullfighting takes place in several European countries including Spain and parts of France.

It also takes place in Latin American countries like Cuba, Mexico and Venezuela. It also takes place in the US state of California.". So are we to assume that Moz will boycott those places as well?

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I've read I think the type of bullfighting allowed in California doesn't end with killing the bull.

As well as where?

I wish Moz would educate himself to realise that everything he does is wrong and everything written on So_Low is right.

I wish Moz would educate himself to realise that everything he does is wrong and everything written on So_Low is right.

Wow. You live in a world of absolutes. :squiffy:

Sounds like Morrissey's message went right over your head. Moz and I are abolitionists. You, on the other hand, are what?

BRAVO Moz on the awesome cheer: "HOORAY HOORAY THE BULLFIGHTER DIES."

It's a shame the song is so underwhelming. I know it's a simple message, but come on Moz it's a pretty weak effort.

You must try harder.

morrissey loves to preach all this animal rights bullshit but is only vegetarian because he lives off butter sandwiches and cheez-its.
im vegan and even by morrissey's standards i'm better than him lmao

morrissey loves to preach all this animal rights bullshit but is only vegetarian because he lives off butter sandwiches and cheez-its.

Do you want a f***ing shitty tasting vegan cookie?

I've heard that he went vegan recently. Why would he play the new Farm to Fridge video, which features a very brutal segment entitled "Dairy" if he had just inhaled a cheese sandwich backstage?

I know (hope?) you’re joking but is it confirmed that he’s not vegan? I have heard things that say he is and things that say he isn’t. I’m vegetarian (I eat dairy and eggs)...I do love Cheez-Its.

:lbf: I will say I’ve had some delicious vegan cookies. I may be vegetarian but I try to eat vegan when I can.

I do to. I just think the I'm-better-than-you-because-of-what-I-eat is the worst line of logic. THere are vegans in the world that are horrible people. It's what we do as a person to make the world a better place, not who we judge. Anyone who thinks by putting ABC into their mouth as opposed to XYZ makes them better is doing it wrong.

I do to. I just think the I'm-better-than-you-because-of-what-I-eat is the worst line of logic. THere are vegans in the world that are horrible people. It's what we do as a person to make the world a better place, not who we judge. Anyone who thinks by putting ABC into their mouth as opposed to XYZ makes them better is doing it wrong.

Oh I agree. As much as I truly do admire the way Moz stands by his convictions re: animal rights, I could never actually just get up and walk away from somebody just because they eat meat. But somebody’s gotta do it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom