Morrissey-BBC-Xmas Special!...?

I’m reliably informed that Morrissey has been invited to appear on a hastily-arranged BBC ‘Special Christmas Charity Concert‘, along with other suitably stellar celebrities, including Madonna / Kylie/ Westlife / Babyshambles / Sugarbabes / Oasis, etc: To raise money for ‘good causes‘.
Apparently, if he agrees, he’ll be performing his ‘new single’ - and also a rendition of a ‘viewer-selected’ ‘Ye Olde Traditional British Christmas Pop Song’. My informant has shown me the most hilarious Email exchange between Morrissey and The BBC. When asked what songs he might be prepared to perform, he replied:

‘Do They Know It’s Ridiculous-Mass?’ (1985 version)
“Everyday Is Like Frickin Christmas!’
‘Meretricious-Mass Everybody!’
‘Grand-Daddy, We Love You! (NB: ‘Jean Genet / Cocteau / Kray Bros Prison Bitch Mix‘, Not the Clive Dunn version…obviously!)
And, finally:
“We Wish You A Meretricious-Mass & An Unhappy New Year‘s Day 2U”.

Understandably, this caused some confusion, consternation and all-round head-scratching in the BBC canteen. But I gather Merck is now involved in discussions. So, who knows? To help move this one on a bit, I’ve been asked by ‘my contacts at The BBC’ to suggest a poll with Morrissey’s audience. So, here we go and a Yo! Ho! Ho! When The Snowman Brings The Snow, and all the ‘usual suspects‘: Do They Know It’s Christmas/Jingle Bells/Silent Night/ Greg Lake/ Jethro Tull Solstice Bells/Merry Christmas Everybody! (although I think Oasis have ‘bagged’ that one).

It’ll be one of those ‘Call the number on the screen, calls charged at £x per minute, lines close at midnight, so don’t call after that deadline as your vote won’t count yet you may still be charged for the call. Different rates apply to mobile phones, depending on operator charges’ type affairs.

Hosted by Eurovision: Terry ‘terribly funny when on telly’ Wogan. A little bit Tinsel! A little bit Eurovision!- is my understanding of the ‘Lift Pitch’ which my mate made to The Head Of Light Entertainment in White City last week. Lots of gaiety, but Not Too Gay, so no Julian Clarey cameo. He’s sulking apparently. Seems it got the ‘green-light’ within hours. The show’s going to be announced next week, so skates on, lads’ n’ lasses! Any other suggestions. Sensible ones only, please.
Ps: Sorry about the ‘Yo! Ho! Ho!’ bit. I didn’t realise that was now also a thought/hate crime:
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/11/ho-ho-ho-become.html
NB: This post is a Hoax/Joke/Festive Fun Item: But I’ve submitted a ‘Proper Poll’ based on UK Xmas #1 singles to Morrissey-Solo for a bit of fun.
[Text copyrighted: AndrewGMooney 11.09.1960 Authorised to Morrissey-Solo.com. All rights reserved]

I’m reliably informed that Morrissey has been invited to appear on a hastily-arranged BBC ‘Special Christmas Charity Concert‘, along with other suitably stellar celebrities, including Madonna / Kylie/ Westlife / Babyshambles / Sugarbabes / Oasis, etc: To raise money for ‘good causes‘.
Apparently, if he agrees, he’ll be performing his ‘new single’ - and also a rendition of a ‘viewer-selected’ ‘Ye Olde Traditional British Christmas Pop Song’. My informant has shown me the most hilarious Email exchange between Morrissey and The BBC. When asked what songs he might be prepared to perform, he replied:

‘Do They Know It’s Ridiculous-Mass?’ (1985 version)
“Everyday Is Like Frickin Christmas!’
‘Meretricious-Mass Everybody!’
‘Grand-Daddy, We Love You! (NB: ‘Jean Genet / Cocteau / Kray Bros Prison Bitch Mix‘, Not the Clive Dunn version…obviously!)
And, finally:
“We Wish You A Meretricious-Mass & An Unhappy New Year‘s Day 2U”.

Understandably, this caused some confusion, consternation and all-round head-scratching in the BBC canteen. But I gather Merck is now involved in discussions. So, who knows? To help move this one on a bit, I’ve been asked by ‘my contacts at The BBC’ to suggest a poll with Morrissey’s audience. So, here we go and a Yo! Ho! Ho! When The Snowman Brings The Snow, and all the ‘usual suspects‘: Do They Know It’s Christmas/Jingle Bells/Silent Night/ Greg Lake/ Jethro Tull Solstice Bells/Merry Christmas Everybody! (although I think Oasis have ‘bagged’ that one).

It’ll be one of those ‘Call the number on the screen, calls charged at £x per minute, lines close at midnight, so don’t call after that deadline as your vote won’t count yet you may still be charged for the call. Different rates apply to mobile phones, depending on operator charges’ type affairs.

Hosted by Eurovision: Terry ‘terribly funny when on telly’ Wogan. A little bit Tinsel! A little bit Eurovision!- is my understanding of the ‘Lift Pitch’ which my mate made to The Head Of Light Entertainment in White City last week. Lots of gaiety, but Not Too Gay, so no Julian Clarey cameo. He’s sulking apparently. Seems it got the ‘green-light’ within hours. The show’s going to be announced next week, so skates on, lads’ n’ lasses! Any other suggestions. Sensible ones only, please.
Ps: Sorry about the ‘Yo! Ho! Ho!’ bit. I didn’t realise that was now also a thought/hate crime:
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2007/11/ho-ho-ho-become.html
NB: This post is a Hoax/Joke/Festive Fun Item: But I’ve submitted a ‘Proper Poll’ based on UK Xmas #1 singles to Morrissey-Solo for a bit of fun.
[Text copyrighted: AndrewGMooney 11.09.1960 Authorised to Morrissey-Solo.com. All rights reserved]

i can never be accused of being the most long-winded poster on m-solo anymore. :rolleyes:

"meretricious"? goddamn, moz. i have to go pull up a dictionary and find out what that means. *grumble*

I hope he goes on and says "Gordon Brown doesn't care about black people"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

meretricious \mer-ih-TRISH-us\, adjective:
1. Of or pertaining to prostitutes; having to do with prostitutes.
2. Alluring by vulgar or flashy display; gaudily and deceitfully ornamental; tawdry; as, "meretricious dress."
3. Based on pretense or insincerity; as, "a meretricious argument."

Its December the 14th,
NOT
April the 1st....

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom