Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyalty, yes. Blind loyalty, no. Mozzer crossed the Rubicon on this one....

bored doesn't get that i was being sarcastic too, oh well. i still love ya, bro.

crazy old coot bites the hand that feeds....you would have been long forgotten if it wasn't for David Tseng's dedication to you all these years....you silly old man!

Get your head out of your arse please: Moz has had - and will continue to have - a big international following regardless of whether shitty website flourishes or dies.

I remember most people gave wholehearted support when Moz issued a similar edict against Tory Prime Minister David Cameron; what is so different about David T? Moz owes him nothing - and expecting Moz to actually be grateful for all the venom that has accumulated over the years is beyond baffling. I guess all the "Moz has lost it posts" are coming from the same scumbags who regularly, and anonymously, spit their poison all over these pages..?

David and this moronic website have finally got what they deserve.

So it is true. David I'm so sorry. Morrissey you have truly lost it dear. I was looking for an excuse not to go to any U.S. shows because I'm straped for $. Now I have a GREAT one. What a BIG BIG mistake.

Don't just jump on the band wagon, put yourself in Morrisseys position. Wouldn't you be sick and tired of people putting you down when you're only doing your best to please them. That DavidT should have known better than to show his face, Morrissey is only human after all and he needs to be loved.

When I was young a troll was someone who went on a forum or blog solely with the intention of causing trouble. Hold on a minute. That's not strictly true...

When I was young a troll was a creature in Scandanavian folklore.

It seems these days even that widely accepted internet definition of troll has changed, and is now used by da yoot as meaning someone with whom they disagree on any subject what, like, evah. Now I don't wish to imply such people are as dense than a collapsing star, and incapable of taking any criticism, but if I find Morrissey's new material is poor, and think a new direction (with new collaborators) could reinvigorate his muse, how is that trolling?

Morrissey's public pronouncements have become more and more bizarre in recent months, which makes me wonder why? The Irish thing was just about the most ill-informed idiocy I've seen anywhere, ever. It wasn't just that I iagreed with him, it was that he was catastrophically wrong from a factual point of view. It was embarrassing that the man I thought was an intellectual was revealed to be a fool.

The O'Leary interview was horrific, so horrific in fact Morrissey felt the need to issue a press release to cover his backside, and the sniping at U2 during the only hour of liveish national television coverage he's ever had was unecessary, and while it may have had some small kernal of merit it came across as sneering and unpleasant. You can get away with that when you are releasing The Queen Is Dead or Vauxhall & I, but when you are giving the world The Kid's A Looker you'd better tread very carefully.

I genuinely think he is concerned that his days at the very forefront of music culture are over, and this is his reaction. He knows the new stuff is not great, and is panicking.

Get your head out of your arse please: Moz has had - and will continue to have - a big international following regardless of whether shitty website flourishes or dies.

I remember most people gave wholehearted support when Moz issued a similar edict against Tory Prime Minister David Cameron; what is so different about David T? Moz owes him nothing - and expecting Moz to actually be grateful for all the venom that has accumulated over the years is beyond baffling. I guess all the "Moz has lost it posts" are coming from the same scumbags who regularly, and anonymously, spit their poison all over these pages..?

I agree that Morrissey will continue to have a strong following with or without this site. I do think this site will continue to have a strong following regardless of what Morrissey says, so long as he stays active with his career.

It's a major clash with nerf swords.

Dear MORRISSEY; "Say farewell to fair weather friends & not a second too soon. There's some really good people here who do appreciatte you. Forget about you?? NEVER! We accept our friends with a spirit of mutual respect, kindness & consideration.....or why be friends at all? We all have our good traits and not so good. Friendships require work, give & take and loyalty....always on your side...molly

If some of the anonymous attacks are bad, and they are, this sort of blind sycophancy is equally sickening.

Don't close this site! For once I think there is 80% agreement on this site for the first time - Morrissey is a fake, a flake and we shall now discuss his true merrits. Let's face it - he has been a total let down the last 10 years. Now, he is a sad shadow of himself. Let him dig his own hole. I hope no label signs him and I hope we all (my self included) have the will to avoid his live shows. Ask yourself, why support such a thankless ass? He has become what he has raged against for years - a bore!

As someone said above, (Anonymous, naturally) "This website is great partly because it allows a large degree of free speech. Bravo davidt."

But free speech without responsibility is dangerous.

Good call, Morrissey. David and everyone defending him ought to be shouldering the responsibility for this turn of events, not attacking and blaming Morrissey yet again.

LOL @ all the self righteous indignation.

And has it taken you almost 30 years to figure out that Morrissey's a prima donna. hahahahahahahahahaha

No remastered Smiths-cd's because he's grumpy about the drummer, no great songs for 24 years, demanding meatless festivals, firing employees because they're not into the right music. The list is long. My god, it's so pathetic. Shut this site down, he doesn't deserve it!

this whole thing smells worse than morrissey's morning breath.

it is truly sad that it should be a bi-polar scottish no-mark who drives the rusty nail in the coffin - in which contained - is the diminishing fibers of morrissey's musical career.

reverse the curse, moz. srsly.

Morrissey, I love your music - up to You Are The Quarry, but it tailed off a bit after that - but behaving like a fascist just makes you look like a bitter old man. Why the f*** do you care what some website says? You have behaved like a knob.

"This website is great partly because it allows a large degree of free speech. Bravo davidt."

But free speech without responsibility is dangerous.

Good call, Morrissey. David and everyone defending him ought to be shouldering the responsibility for this turn of events, not attacking and blaming Morrissey yet again.

How has free speech on this site injured damaged Morrissey in ways that he hasn't topped himself with his own free speech?

Nothing some random nobody on this site says can harm Morrissey like Morrissey can.

From the forums, letsgodevils posted this:

"I can't get past he actions when he makes a statement like this: "The very existence of the Queen and her now enormous family ... is entirely against any notion of democracy, and is against freedom of speech. For a broad historical view of what the Queen is and how she 'rules', examine Gaddafi or Mubarak, and see if you can spot any difference."
You can't be a champion of free speech and 2 months later kick someone out because you don't like what a third person writes on a message board."

Morrissey claims to support free speech but only when it benefits him, apparently.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom