Morrissey bans Morrissey-solo.com owner davidt from concerts for life

Arse of the world sends the links:

Two separate sources:

Morrissey bans superfan for life - WENN.com via Toronto Sun
Morrissey Slaps Concert Ban On Website Owner - WENN via ContactMusic

Morrissey has taken extraordinary action against the owner of a fan website by banning him for life from the singer's concerts.

The former The Smiths frontman declared war on Morrissey-solo.com after owner David Tseng refused to prevent members from discussing the star's private life or criticizing his career moves.

The singer stepped up his campaign against the forum last month by taking to the stage during a show in England wearing a T-shirt printed with the words: "F**k Morrissey-solo.com".

Tseng was shocked when Morrissey's security guards ejected him from a concert in Copenhagen, Denmark on Monday - and now it's emerged the Suedehead hitmaker has banned Tseng from all of his gigs because of his "poisonous" website.

A spokeswoman for the Morrissey tour tells WENN, "Mr Tseng via his poisonous website has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't care less if David got kicked out or not...I would say if you are in charge of a site that peddles lies and hatred about someone then I wouldn't expect to be invited to their house warming party.

What I do think is great though, is that Morrissey is willing to make himself unpopular among his fans and do that which he thinks is correct, anyway.

This is why he is still great.

Interestingly, I see someone has registered the domain names "f***morrisseysolo.com", "f***morrissey-solo.com" and "f***-morrissey-solo.com"...

A change of name for this site? A pre-emptive move by davidt to stop someone else launching a site with a name like that? Or a new competing site?

I think we should be told! Oooh, it's like the News International scandal all over again.

We+are+all+David+T.png

How has free speech on this site injured damaged Morrissey in ways that he hasn't topped himself with his own free speech?

Nothing some random nobody on this site says can harm Morrissey like Morrissey can.

From the forums, letsgodevils posted this:

"I can't get past he actions when he makes a statement like this: "The very existence of the Queen and her now enormous family ... is entirely against any notion of democracy, and is against freedom of speech. For a broad historical view of what the Queen is and how she 'rules', examine Gaddafi or Mubarak, and see if you can spot any difference."
You can't be a champion of free speech and 2 months later kick someone out because you don't like what a third person writes on a message board."

Morrissey claims to support free speech but only when it benefits him, apparently.

^^ Great to see we have some fourteen year olds in tonight.

This is insane. It doesn't actually make any sense. I think Morrissey has rabies from the dog. How can anyone display such a colossal ignorance of the internet and media in the 21st c? How can someone who purported to support the underdog attack free speech?

I'm truly, truly disappointed. Viva Tseng. The Queen is Dead.

This is a genuine message and question for David T. I think you have been treated terribly. But after years and years of unpaid work promoting the brand 'Morrissey' (when your website was the only place to find out about shows etc) how do you feel about Morrissey now? Do you still listen to him? Are you bitter? Angry? Do you forgive him? Whatever he throws at you? I would really love to know how you feel about your musical hero right now? Appreciated.Thanks

I love how all these "open minded" hipsters around here are demanding complete and total censorship of this website. The great liberals (like Moz) who pride themselves on being so accepting of thought and opinion yet when they first get the chance to show who they really are and what they are all about they want to shut things down and silence people. It's such a typical liberal way to be. You're all hypocrites and fakes, frauds and phonies.

Maybe Morrissey knows that the music he has put out since Ringleader isn't up to par. The music hasn't been good enough. Maybe he's suffering from paranoia. Maybe he knows his songwriting partners aren't up to snuff and that Jesse Tobias (above all things) is a key to his musical failure both as a music composer and as a guitarist.

Moz likes to rip into meat eaters, tv presenters, critics, the royal family, foreign governments and celebrities yet he fails to see who HE is. The contemptuous, snarky, hypocrite, in his ivory tower, lording over us yet he's more fake and more pathetic than anybody or anything he rails against.

Morrissey is not a good person. He is not some sweet and gentle man. He's a bitter and twitsted man who is obviously struggling with the sunset of his career, stubborn to do anything to improve it, just out of spite.

Morrissey, you once were brilliant yet you insisted on letting it all crumble in the most pathetic fashion. Your light is just about out.

Nothing some random nobody on this site says can harm Morrissey like Morrissey can.

THIS! Seriously, he has said the most outlandish, unnecessarily cruel, and cutting things about other people, people with *gasp!* feelings, who are all too human and need to be loved, as he does. (And we defend him, because he's Moz.) Yet he's "distressed" by random people talking shit about him and his band on some silly website? And the idea that said silly website's owner is watching him from a balcony seat is so upsetting that he can't step foot on the stage until he's made sure that this guy's chucked out of the venue by a couple of thugs? And then banned for life from all forthcoming gigs?

He's always been inconsistent and contradictory, but this makes him look like a petty, foolish hypocrite. And it's heartbreaking.

This is a genuine message and question for David T. I think you have been treated terribly. But after years and years of unpaid work promoting the brand 'Morrissey' (when your website was the only place to find out about shows etc) how do you feel about Morrissey now? Do you still listen to him? Are you bitter? Angry? Do you forgive him? Whatever he throws at you? I would really love to know how you feel about your musical hero right now? Appreciated.Thanks

This is a genuine message too:

David, I think you have been treated leniently and this self-indulgent site has been indulged for far too long. Nobody asked you to set up this website or "promote the brand" (an odd phrase for the OP to use since I don't ever remember seeing any other brand-promoting websites pouring so much scorn, poison and opprobrium on the brand itself...) and if you had a shred of dignity you'd close this site and take your sycophantic chums with you; though how they'd cope without an audience, God only knows.

This is insane. It doesn't actually make any sense. I think Morrissey has rabies from the dog. How can anyone display such a colossal ignorance of the internet and media in the 21st c? How can someone who purported to support the underdog attack free speech?

Yet again, another bafflingly naive assessment. All these self-righteous claims of "free speech" for the website, while conveniently suggesting that the same right to free speech or any other kind of response should not be extended to Morrissey himself...? THIS is the only hypocrisy here. Morrissey is not "attacking" free speech as you naively suggest, he is simply exercising his own right to free speech by responding. Duh.

Don't just jump on the band wagon, put yourself in Morrisseys position. Wouldn't you be sick and tired of people putting you down when you're only doing your best to please them. That DavidT should have known better than to show his face, Morrissey is only human after all and he needs to be loved.

are you HIGH? boo f***ing hoo...people are calling Mozzer washed up and don't like his new songs....THEN QUIT PHONING IT IN AND GET BACK TO THE GREAT LYRIC WRITER YOU ONCE WERE!.....if he cant handle people speaking their minds then he should just pack it in....saying he's giving us his best is laughable.

#TEAMDAVID

Morrissey is and forever will be remembered. He does not need a man with a website or blog and sure as hell he does not need the media, he has kept private all this years and yet has a shitload of followers. He has left his fingerprints in our souls, only few artist will ever accomplish what he has. People dont understand the whole point of his rage, yes freedom of speech blah blah, but being a "FAN", your mission is to protect him from dirty opinions and controversy.

His angelic voice will never be forgotten. long live Morrissey!!!!
remember this words....

But don't forget the songs
That made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, you're older now
And you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you

Well, you always been a douche, does that mean you can write a book?

I think along with "bored", all the names and pictures of the moderators should be passed along to Morrissey, so those who know, do so.

The fact that you allow Hugh to be attacked here and do nothing about shows what a piece of trash you are and always have been. Know this, I have no idea who Hugh is, but as far as I know he's a PRIVATE citizen and is not subject to the libelous ridicule that you allow to sent his way.

The moderators are just mad because they've know found themselves on the wrong side of fence and it's obvious they were never fans in the first place.

Hugh made it known he would get David kicked out. So that private citizen wanted notoriety.

Can you imagine being a potential new fan, scouting around a bit and discovering this site?

Personally, I say kudos to Moz for condemning it (even if the lifetime ban of DT may seem a bit too far).

I *am* that hypothetical new fan you speak of! I encountered Morrissey's music just this past January. I was intrigued and started researching him. I have read about 2-3 DOZEN of his interviews. I wanted to know more and found the fansites. This site has been FANTASTIC. It filled in gaps, satisfied curious hunches I had after reading the interviews, and the discussions helped me make sense of the lunacy that's been happening in 2011 coming straight from Morrissey's mouth. Normally I might have laughed it off as PR or eccentricity, but, based on my research, there's something seriously messed up in Camp Morrissey.

Don't blame this website for its members reporting and discussing the lengthy context of Morrissey's descent into whatever the heck you'd call his behavior. It's been a long-time coming. And it's sad AND maddening. To fall so far so fast...just a handful of years ago he was on track to well-earned comeback. His own actions (and perhaps persnicketiness) has most likely doomed the denouement of his career. It's such a shame, but the seeds of his self-undoing were writ when he was still with The Smiths.

MORRISSEY NEEDS TO REALIZE THIS IS WHERE MOST OF HIS FAN BASE GOES TO GET INFO ON ALBUMS, TOURS, ETC.
Depeche609

No, just a few score that like to mouth off and ride on the coat-tails of celebrity, scrambling up the back as high as they can while often smearing with smut as they go, without any fellow-feeling or respect at all and without doing anything noteworthy to stand near the star - or feel like they are.

The other few hundred thousand fans keep their distance to dissociate themselves, and look on admiringly as Morrissey is true to himself, clear about his values and brave enough to act on them. Plenty of other outlets carry whatever information is required.

It's a shame that so many posts demonstrate an inability to comprehend the ordinary meaning of words e.g 'fans' and 'love'.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom