Morrissey "Autobiography" - indexed

Hi,

I'm quite new around here but just wanted to say hello, and that it may be of interest to you guys that I've created a searchable online index to Morrissey's "Autobiography" - all 470 pages, over 4,200 entries:

http://mozindex.thoughtcat.com/

Hope it's of use :)

Best

TC

Wow. That is very, very impressive.

P.

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to do this. I've already tested it and it works great. With my bad memory its really handy to be able to solve a problem by finding one particular section without having to read the whole book again :o Thank you

Hi,

I'm quite new around here but just wanted to say hello, and that it may be of interest to you guys that I've created a searchable online index to Morrissey's "Autobiography" - all 470 pages, over 4,200 entries:

Best

TC

OMG! :eek: THat's a lot of work! Thank you.

Hi,

Best

TC

Totes amazeballs! Thanks. Now all that's needed is notes x-referencing the UK/US editions. I'm sure Morrissey will be find this all.....fascinating!

best
BB

Thanks for the kind comments :)

I don't have a copy of the US edition, or the hardback. Does anyone have a copy of those as well as the UK paperback that they can compare? Might it be possible to calculate the corresponding page numbers automatically, or do these vary too much?

I didn't keep a record of the number of hours I spent building the site, but I spent a lot of weekends and evenings since March plugging away at it. It was prompted by the absence of an index in the book and I thought it would be an interesting project. A bit obsessive though maybe ;)

Hi,

Best

TC

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the kind comments :)

I don't have a copy of the US edition, or the hardback. Does anyone have a copy of those as well as the UK paperback that they can compare? Might it be possible to calculate the corresponding page numbers automatically, or do these vary too much?

I didn't keep a record of the number of hours I spent building the site, but I spent a lot of weekends and evenings since March plugging away at it. It was prompted by the absence of an index in the book and I thought it would be an interesting project. A bit obsessive though maybe ;)

Obsession of the productive kind makes all the difference. :)

It's not working for me in Safari or Chrome...

ok now it's working.

Last edited:
Thoughtcat, this is very well done. What a great resource for the spottiest of us trainspotters. Thank you.

Brilliant! Thank you ThoughtCat. When Autobirography was published I suggested here that Solo-ers could collaborate to do this but just got a lot of negative reaction. I set about doing it by myself but didn't make the time to complete it. Well done, and thank you. It will be helpful and useful.

Brilliant! Thank you ThoughtCat. When Autobirography was published I suggested here that Solo-ers could collaborate to do this but just got a lot of negative reaction. I set about doing it by myself but didn't make the time to complete it. Well done, and thank you. It will be helpful and useful.

Well, when I first thought of building the site I Googled around to make sure it hadn't already been done, or nobody else was in the process of doing it. Your thread seemed to be the only result on the whole of the internet where anybody had actually talked about doing it, and I thought of chiming in, but then thought someone might talk me out of it ;) So I decided to get on with it regardless and see what happened... :)

One for the adoring fans I think.
I read the thing (and liked it), cannot think what use an index would be.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom