Morrissey attends The Ivors 2023 at Grosvenor House in London (May 18, 2023)

Morrissey attended last nights Ivor Novello awards, as you can see in this photo.

full

LONDON, ENGLAND - MAY 18: Morrissey attends The Ivors 2023 at Grosvenor House on May 18, 2023 in London, England. (Photo by Joe Maher/Getty Images)

Last edited by a moderator:
They wanted Moz at the event to give the proceedin's
some prominence.
Perhaps the appearance of Morrissey is the best PR move for any event. It's just that there are people who come somewhere, and the world around them begins to move enthusiastically. Morrissey is one of those people. I think he comes to an event only if he is really interested in attending it (and if there is a free window in his schedule). Just like that, "to come and trade his face" in his case is pointless, especially since he is an avid workaholic :rolleyes:

Wow, Morrissey gives heat! He has a very stately figure at 63, and in general he looks fresh. The suit fits the figure well, the matte fabric gives the image solidity, and it seems to me that at least the jacket is exactly tailored to his parameters.

It’s also good that time also didn’t affect the color of his eyes (does everyone know that the iris of the eyes fades with old age?), his eyes are cornflower blue here, and this rich shade makes his look very young. In general, James Bond is resting :)
I'm not seeing what you are seeing. You know how a super-skinny anorexic person looks in a mirror and sees a fat person. It's like the reverse of that. The rose colored glasses of fan adulation are distorting your perceptions. The suit looks wrinkly and a little too small. He looks anything but "fresh." His facial expressions bring two things to mind. He either has that thinly veiled I'm so pleased with myself look, or he makes that exaggerated frowny face. (second time we've seen it lately.) What is that about? He looks like a cross between Popeye and Mussolini.

I think Moz is one of the most talented creative artists of our day, and I agree that "Morrissey gives heat," but it's more of the hot mess variety these days.

That headline's in very bad taste imo but what's new.

Here's the lowdown of who won those awards - https://ivorsacademy.com/news/winners-of-the-ivors-2023-announced/

James is the most likely reason he went. Debbie Harry also got a statue.
Morrissey (and the other Smiths) actively prmotekd James in the early days and befriended Tim Booth in late 80s or something, but that friendship ended a long time ago. I doubt that Morrissey still gives a shit about James, but would be happy to be proven wrong.
But he’s still on good terms with Blondie, and I am happy to see them win an award.

I'm not seeing what you are seeing. You know how a super-skinny anorexic person looks in a mirror and sees a fat person. It's like the reverse of that. The rose colored glasses of fan adulation are distorting your perceptions. The suit looks wrinkly and a little too small. He looks anything but "fresh." His facial expressions bring two things to mind. He either has that thinly veiled I'm so pleased with myself look, or he makes that exaggerated frowny face. (second time we've seen it lately.) What is that about? He looks like a cross between Popeye and Mussolini.

I think Moz is one of the most talented creative artists of our day, and I agree that "Morrissey gives heat," but it's more of the hot mess variety these days.
It is clear that "everyone looks out of his own window", and I see no reason to impose my opinion on others. I agree that being overly fond of an idol leads to blind idealization (especially when it's actually very dark), but in my post I emphasized that Morrissey is quite adequately preserved for his age. Alas, old age does not spare anyone, and even Morrissey, but in his case, everything is not so bad.

As for the "smug" expression on his face – I guess he just put in a little effort to make it look better in the picture. The posture of his body also openly says that Morrissey, so to speak, "has no claims to himself" – his chest and shoulders are straightened, his chin is raised. Photographers often give tips themselves right during the shooting, as they themselves are in the eternal pursuit of the perfect shot.

I could be completely wrong and probably am but I have a suspicion that Moz will soon announce a new record deal and/or news about the Bonfire album currently in suspended animation. I don't know why I think this. Maybe seeing Moz at the IN awards has me thinking in this vein.

Needless to say, I love Moz but... It's not elegant With that shirt he looks like a retiree, . Moz knows how to dress very well. The suit is ordinary, okay, but I don't like the shoes and shirt. Morrissey is not old and is well erect, so the clothes above fit him well. The "I don't care" gesture is typical of Moz, he does it when he is uncomfortable with shyness!!! I think

I could be completely wrong and probably am but I have a suspicion that Moz will soon announce a new record deal and/or news about the Bonfire album currently in suspended animation. I don't know why I think this. Maybe seeing Moz at the IN awards has me thinking in this vein.
I very much hope that you are right Acton, a new album or at least news on a deal would be bloody great news.
Ive heard not a lot of great new music this year from anyone, and even an album which was completed ages ago would be very welcome.

sounds strange but in a room full of the great and the good of the music industry he is the one who still turns heads,just for the fact that he hardly ever attends these things.he must have been invited so not everyone in the music biz is against him,for me his misdemeanours will erase over time and he will get his legend status back.

sounds strange but in a room full of the great and the good of the music industry he is the one who still turns heads,just for the fact that he hardly ever attends these things.he must have been invited so not everyone in the music biz is against him,for me his misdemeanours will erase over time and he will get his legend status back.
As a past award winner, wouldn’t he get an automatic invite ever year?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom