Morrissey at the Rolling Stones concert in Los Angeles (May 3, 2013) - photos posted at Zimbio

Re: Singer Morrissey arrives the 'Rolling Stone' concert at The Staples Center in Los

P.S. "NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT BECAUSE THEY BRING YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE" - Mark Twain. Based on this wisdom I won't be responding or paying any further credence to attacks in regards to my post.

"n*****." - Mark Twain

I remain somewhat concerned about his health. Ill-timed/unprepared photo snap aside, the man looks like he has aged five years in five months.

Re: Singer Morrissey arrives the 'Rolling Stone' concert at The Staples Center in Los

3. A lot of Morrissey "fans" are even more hateful than he can be and the white noise gets tiresome. Judge not lest ye be...

“We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead [sic]. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried shit every day.” - Morrissey, July 2011

When anyone here comes within a hundred miles of being that vile, please let me know.

“We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 dead [sic]. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald’s and Kentucky Fried shit every day.” - Morrissey, July 2011

When anyone here comes within a hundred miles of being that vile, please let me know.

You're critiquing him for an ill-planned syllogism. The intent, and you know this, is NOT what you are making it to seem. He was posing a logical comparitive lesson that went sour. Get over it and be thankful that all of your logical woops moments aren't recorded in stone for eternity for dumbasses to bring up when they're desperate for attention.

You're critiquing him for an ill-planned syllogism. The intent, and you know this, is NOT what you are making it to seem. He was posing a logical comparitive lesson that went sour. Get over it and be thankful that all of your logical woops moments aren't recorded in stone for eternity for dumbasses to bring up when they're desperate for attention.

Well said. Everyone knows the point he was trying to make. His wording could have been better. Get over it!

A man who has based his career on the careful use of words must be excused for such sociopathic insensitivity? He knew exactly what he was saying, he just didn't realise how mental it sounded. Why would he when he lives in a world where his musings are not usually criticised?

This low point should not excused, as if he's just some Beiber-like "Anne Frank would have loved me" imbecile. He's a grown man, and a famously erudite one at that. As such he is responsible for the positions he takes, and fair game when he oversteps the mark.

I remain somewhat concerned about his health. Ill-timed/unprepared photo snap aside, the man looks like he has aged five years in five months.

I've been wondering that too. I think he looks handsome in these pics, although a bit tired and worn. I was also wondering if the Mexico & SA tour is still going on (starting next month??). I was hoping it's not being scratched due to illness, although if it is cancelled (delayed, etc.) there could be many factors. Just a thought. I hope he's well:o

Well said. Everyone knows the point he was trying to make. His wording could have been better. Get over it!

leave-britney-alone-o.gif

A man who has based his career on the careful use of words must be excused for such sociopathic insensitivity? He knew exactly what he was saying, he just didn't realise how mental it sounded. Why would he when he lives in a world where his musings are not usually criticised?

This low point should not excused, as if he's just some Beiber-like "Anne Frank would have loved me" imbecile. He's a grown man, and a famously erudite one at that. As such he is responsible for the positions he takes, and fair game when he oversteps the mark.

Really???

He just doesn't care. I'll defend his honor:lbf:

Yes, we know the point. As far as he is concerned dead Norwegian children and poultry are the same thing.

Really???

Morrissey isn't surrounded by "yes" men. When he says "no", they say "no".

Really???

No no he did care it's just he has found how easy it is to do the sort of things he apparently detested, so he just sweeps things under the carpet when he contradicts himself and doesn't mention it again.

Last edited:

Yes, we know the point. As far as he is concerned dead Norwegian children and poultry are the same thing.

A soul's, a soul's, a soul. It's a rather deep thought that came from that weird place in his brain where he envisions the sun shining out of his behind. And it probably sounded better in his brain then it did the second after he said it while most likely tipsy and hot under stage lights. If this is what offends you to the core then you need to take a look around because there are far worse arguments being made that actually do affect your daily life while you're sitting at a computer slagging off old stage banter.

Morrissey looks really happy, obviously watching The Stones has give him some inspiration for the 2029 Morrissey 70th birthday world tour. He's obviously marvelling at their ability to rarely cancel any gigs.

Maybe he'll have a record contract by then...

417912_10201021022224833_392016672_n.jpg

Maybe he should have hit this show....

Thanks, Walt! You lucky dog!

- - - Updated - - -

Gay men don't age well.

It was at the Staples Center...bangers and burgers and steak wraps all around him.

The look almost says, "I can't believe some Yob stole my #$%& wallet!"

Last edited:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this - Moz rocked the denim on denim look more recently than that pic from the early 90's - I saw him at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC in 2007 and he wore a denim shirt and Diesel jeans for the entire show - no shirt change or anything until the encore.

Sometimes, he's been at the front of the gig

moznyd.jpg

It's a great picture but why does everyone look so grave? It almost looks as if they're having a moment of prayer. I don't mean to be flippant, but I hope David Johansen didn't fall down on stage. An interesting picture.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this - Moz rocked the denim on denim look more recently than that pic from the early 90's - I saw him at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC in 2007 and he wore a denim shirt and Diesel jeans for the entire show - no shirt change or anything until the encore.

I thought Morrissey looked mighty, mighty fine during that five night run (especially when he was flinging the tambourine on "The Loop"). Even a few years ago he still had the right attitude for double denim.

I had a thought. I wonder if he wanted to go to The Stones concert to observe how they performed and how the audience reacted. Morrissey has said a few times, including recently, that he has seen many bands that are very big names and they don't have the same audience reaction that he gets. He said people don't reach put and touch the artist (the big name). Morrissey used the example of seeing Madonna. I thought 'why the heck did even see her?' and thought he wanted to size up her audience and influence. Just a thought.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to reach out and touch Mick Jagger; I've always found him to be one of the least compelling pop stars ever. Sure, he had some relevant moments in the 60s and 70s, but the man has a monotonous vocal range, all the emotional sophistication of a frustrated mid-level manager and he dances like a spastic chicken.

I'm totally that awesome. I agree with Morrissey wholeheartedly. The reason is because I have the ability to use reason and logic instead of just being an ignorant hypocritical conformist like others. When you call someone "vile" for speaking the obvious truth, you show how threatened and ignorant you are. Wise up and be a man. People will respect you more.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom