Morrissey at the Rolling Stones concert in Los Angeles (May 3, 2013) - photos posted at Zimbio

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by zepfan1, May 4, 2013.

By zepfan1 on May 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
  1. zepfan1

zepfan1 New Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2013 (read-only)' started by zepfan1, May 4, 2013.

1. mcrickson
      mcrickson
      Re: Singer Morrissey arrives the 'Rolling Stone' concert at The Staples Center in Los

What an unflattering outfit and photograph.
    2. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      Re: Singer Morrissey arrives the 'Rolling Stone' concert at The Staples Center in Los

Wow! I'd love to hear his review!

Edit: I did read some of the reviews from the show. I'm a little jealous! They played a lot of the early, early songs!! Wish they'd play a tribute to Brian Jones...but the songs stand the test of time.
      Last edited: May 4, 2013
    3. Girl-Afraid
      Girl-Afraid

Oops double denim...never been a fan but I do love you Moz!
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous

He looks so much like Robin Williams now! Shazbot!

And wasn't Mozzer out and out mocking Mick Jagger in "Get Off The Stage"? What a hipstercrite!
    5. mcrickson
      mcrickson

That is a curious point...I could never imagine Morrissey at any point ever being into the Stones. Of course, I could've said the same thing in regards to the Soundgarden gig he went to...But why on earth would MORRISSEY go to see Mick Jagger?
    6. CrystalGeezer
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Hawt! I'll take Solomon, too.
    8. HandThatRocksTheCradle
    9. DAVIE
      DAVIE

I think Morrissey is actually very open to allsorts of music. It shows here.

....Unless he was that miserable sod at the back of the gig shouting pathetic things like "Get off Jagger, you old crow!" and "Watch ya back, Jagger" :D
    10. klaus
      klaus

Was the whole band there or did he just take Solomon Walker?
    11. MORRIZSEY
      MORRIZSEY

Sometimes, he's been at the front of the gig

[​IMG]
    12. CrystalGeezer
      CrystalGeezer
      My mom called and said she remembered dancing to Satisfaction when she worked at the club when it was new and popular. Then she went on to say that she thought they were older than her (71) "Or they at least look older." :p

By the sound of my ultimate stones fan friend's review, the setlist was a bunch of crowd pleasers and not the better stuff. Somewhere on rollingstones-solo.com the anonymous posters are bitching about how they need to dump Wild Horses for the umpteenth time and play Fancy Man Blues instead. :p "Mick Jagger is getting fat!" Lol. Yeah, a fat wallet.
    13. docinwestchester
      docinwestchester

Setlist - for those who care:

01 Video
      02 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (UCLA Marching Band)
      03 Get Off My Cloud
      04 The Last Time
      05 It's Only Rock'n Roll
      06 Paint It Black
      07 Gimme Shelter
      08 Wild Horses (with Gwen Stefani)
      09 Factory Girl
      10 Emotional Rescue - first live performance EVER!
      11 Respectable (with Keith Urban)
      12 Doom And Gloom
      13 One More Shot
      14 Honky Tonk Women
      15 Band Introductions
      16 Before They Make Me Run
      17 Happy
      18 Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
      19 Miss You
      20 Start Me Up
      21 Tumbling Dice
      22 Brown Sugar
      23 Sympathy For The Devil
      24 You Can't Always Get What You Want (CSULB choir)
      25 Jumpin' Jack Flash
      26 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
    14. eugenius
      eugenius

Do you know what this gig was?

- - - Updated - - -

He's obviously in the "relaxed-fit jeans" stage of his life.

Relaxed-fit trousers: Just say no.
    15. MORRIZSEY
      MORRIZSEY

New York Dolls, Dublin 2006
    16. Satlook
      Satlook

A very nice picture , thanks :thumb:
    17. mozmic_dancer
      mozmic_dancer
      He's rocked this look before.

Nice to see him up and about. Even if just to see the Stones.
    18. realitybites
      realitybites

First thing I thought as well. Moz will not be making any best dressed lists anytime soon.

I HATE The Rolling Stones, btw. Not that anyone cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Denim on denim is a major fashion faux pas.
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous

he also went to a lady gaga gig so i doubt it's always a case of being into the person/band. it may be at the behest of others or just checking out what other acts are offering up. i thought it was pretty clear the soundgarden gig was to see how he tolerated the noise/lights/crowd, etc. after his run of infirmities, so it's anyone's guess.