Morrissey at O2 Wireless

Shit media player at XFM

I am seriously pissed off now.

Given some of the negative comments made by some on here about the quality of the broadcast on Friday I thought I'd use the "listen again" function on the XFM website - as has been suggested by a few posts on here already - to record it again (and post it, if it was any good).

Effin' useless waste of time. Not only do you have to listen to inane DJs and an awful Beck performance (you cannot skip through it) but the show finishes half way through Pigsty.

That's right - the clever sods at XFM put the show up (both Beck and Morrissey) at 2 hours, 25 mins and 29 secs - probably only needs an extra 10 mins.

To be honest, I've tried it twice as I thought the first time was a technical problem - so I've wasted 6 hours on this fruitless exercise.

I've no idea which show followed it on Friday night (presuming that the next segment starts with 10 mins of Moz) to start to record the rest of it.

So, unless someone has a better original copy, or a friend at XFM it looks like we will have to live with the one posted by the original uploader who sat in and recorded live on Friday night - Thank You Terryjak!

Thanks for f-all XFM!

Re: Shit media player at XFM

Oh dear god, jesus christ, oh no.

That's an unfair use of the edit function, Assasin.

I know it's not the end of the world. But how many Morrissey and Smiths songs are available from original radio broadcast, or later CD release?

Just a handful out of over 500 or so bootlegs that are available.

So, a bit peeved that the broadcast was crap - too many clips in it - and that i wasted 6 hours of a Sunday listening to it twice.

Dave

That's an unfair use of the edit function, Assasin.

I know it's not the end of the world. But how many Morrissey and Smiths songs are available from original radio broadcast, or later CD release?

Just a handful out of over 500 or so bootlegs that are available.

So, a bit peeved that the broadcast was crap - too many clips in it - and that i wasted 6 hours of a Sunday listening to it twice.

Dave

Life goes on. A lot the songs he played are available as live versions on other bootegs. Ask is available to rip off you tube, and the other new and/or less-played songs (like vicar in a tutu, the buzzcocks cover) are listenable.

so there were a few glitches in the sound, and it's a bit annoying, but it's better than nothing.

"Effin' useless waste of time. Not only do you have to listen to inane DJs and an awful Beck performance (you cannot skip through it) but the show finishes half way through Pigsty."

yeah that kind of peed of me off too. im not a fan of beck at all & the cutting of life is a pigsty is just a crime ;)

Life goes on. A lot the songs he played are available as live versions on other bootegs. Ask is available to rip off you tube, and the other new and/or less-played songs (like vicar in a tutu, the buzzcocks cover) are listenable.

so there were a few glitches in the sound, and it's a bit annoying, but it's better than nothing.

At least for me, ripping "Ask" as a lo-fi-version (concerning the audio bitrate) from YouTube isn't an option - I LOVE live recordings (FM/soundboard sourced, no audience recording) and if Morrissey plays such a gem like "Ask" in 2008 broadcasted on radio, I will definitely hunt for the best recording out there. As the Channel 4 TV recording seems to be okay, I'll eventually get it when somebody posts a DVD so that I can rip the audio. You are right with most of the other tracks though - "You Say You Don't Love Me", "Vicar In A Tutu" and "Throwing My Arms Around Paris" are fortunately not affected and I am damn grateful to have these now on my iPod in perfect sound!

Last edited:

here's hoping someone tapes the repeat of wireless on channel4 tonight. it's late but im sure someone could set the timer for it ;) also TMF are showing some wireless footage, but with it being a mtv channel im 99% sure there will be no mozzer tunes
shame about the poor "transmission" but its to be expected from a live xfm broadcast. hope what she said gets a replay via another TV/Radio broadcast. it was pretty good as was ask. also mozzer did You Say You Don't Love Me really good, good choice in song :)

if anyone is interested, here's the whole package.

all tracks separated
interview
4 tracks without glitches
scan of original flyer from the "all you need is me" promo cd

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RXM4GC9Y

mozo2.jpg

To one and all who have tried, particularly motorways: my grateful thanks...

Is this a YouTube rip? I just listened to "Ask" - your mp3 hasn't got the glitches, but unfortunately the source - despite the 256kps it has now - must have had a very low bitrate. Thanks anyway for the efforts, really appreciate that!!!

does anyone know how i can rip you say you dont love me from this download so i can put in on my phone many thanks

thanks motorways but ill never download a zip that big. is there anychance of just the audio of Ask on its own? thank you please

"does anyone know how i can rip you say you dont love me from this download so i can put in on my phone many thanks"

i know my phone can take mp3s, can you not just bluetooth the mp3 to your phone from your computer? or take out your memory card ,from your phone, & put it in computer and then drag the mp3 from your documents to the slected drive...;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom