Morrissey at Johnny Ramone tribute in Hollywood (Aug. 26, 2018)

Details posted by Famous when dead:

The actual article:

Billie Joe Armstrong, Duff, Jonesy, Fred and Moz Show for Johnny Ramone - California Rocker

Morrissey’s New Record.
“I’m here in Los Angeles doing some recording,” he told CaliforniaRocker.com in the VIP tent at the event. “I wouldn’t miss this.”

Morrissey was kind to the fans, posing for pictures and then jamming along in the audience with McKagan, Armstrong, Armisen and Jonesy on stage.

44078_moz-poses-with-linda-3-at-ramones-tribute-1-of-1.jpg

Morrissey and Linda Ramone strike a dramatic pose

Pointing out Ramones badges:
44077_moz-pins-at-ramones-tribute-1-of-1.jpg

44076_44070_moz-in-the-crowd-2-at-ramones-tribute-1-of-1-e1535365392439.jpg

All credit to Donna Balancia.

(more photos in article and comments)

8B30802F-749D-4293-81D8-9E9073C421B7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
ha ha, yeah, well, we were there for the cemeterial romance, moz and i, if thats what you mean. enjoyed it tremendously. does not necessarily have to be in l.a. , you know, to get that special feelin'...
so yeah, AZTEC, where are ya??

I sincerely wish you two the best, but the approval you need isn't mine anyway, it's Damon's, if you want to make him carry your bags.:D

Seriously though your romance might be short-lived. You're way too intelligent for him. I don't think he's used to having intelligent people around much...And he's too old to adapt now.

So just have a silly fling.
Ask Aztec for good bars you could take your man to for a karaoke. Before going back to the HOTEL. (Which is Morrissey's favourite L.A hotel , Aztec, remind us again??)

Any pictures floating of Moz with Duff McKagan?

Dunno, but with Duff Biherr, maybe.

...oops Sorry, I've never heard of all these people, so thought that was a made-up name there. My bad.

Got to admit, I find that a fascinating dynamic with Tobias. The man is everywhere, he's nearly as omnipresent as Damon... then there's that embarrassing Rome interview where he's visibly mooning over him... the gushing in Autobio... and the curious lack of any discernible musical talent. What's going on? Where does Damon fit into it all? No doubt it will all come out one day.

Tobias is a talentless hack with the worst Smith renditions I’ve ever heard.

This Charming Man by Tobias is trash, but I like some others: still ill, girlfriend, ask, boy with thorn, there is a light, started somerhing...
If you'd never heard the originals, you might think they're okay. It's when you know what he's omitting and just crashing through - and then you observe the lack of finesse and creativity in the solo material - you do wonder what he's doing there.

Tobias is a talentless hack with the worst Smith renditions I’ve ever heard.

A few years ago, someone (Viva?) posted a clip of Jesse painfully flubbing "Last Night I Dreamt...". Moz winced - there is no way he doesn't realise that Tobias is a very, very limited player.

The desperation and shame in the eyes of people far too old to ever be seen at a venue and occasion like that. Trying too hard and still not making it work.
Yeah you had fun at the expense of the poor young ones that had to wade through hoardes of would be paedos.

johnny-ra.jpg
39990131_691821671154401_5223200872166588416_n.jpg

cc3ea374a12872b0c46ac46aa35330f3.jpg

45b7bcc9281c7c6c234fa34930da0df1.jpg

Right, I'm done with this topic now!
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Jesse Tobias > Johnny Marr.

DramaJ has but one very aggravating guitar lick that he plays on every song. So yes you are correct, Jessie has the ability to play more than one chick chick chicka chick riff over and over and over again.:thumb:

Got to admit, I find that a fascinating dynamic with Tobias. The man is everywhere, he's nearly as omnipresent as Damon... then there's that embarrassing Rome interview where he's visibly mooning over him... the gushing in Autobio... and the curious lack of any discernible musical talent. What's going on? Where does Damon fit into it all? No doubt it will all come out one day.

Blikey m8! Steve Jones lost some weight. Reckon last year when me see him at the Beverly Center devouring two cinnabons and an extra large caramel macchiato (with extra caramel) he must of been pushing 300 pounds inn n n n n n nnn n nn it. Reckon it's good to see two old school LA boys and Malibu surfing buddies Steve Jones and Steve Morrissey together even though Uncle Steve still refuses to go on Jonesy's Jukebox. I reckon if John Lydon, Ozzy, and William Michael Albert Broad weren't on tour, reckon we could of had the entire Malibu gang there with old Herman, Jack, Kelley, Dave Evans, lil' Sammy, and Aunt Nancy. Reckon it would of been TOP ACE m8.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom