Morrissey at Glastonbury announced (Friday, June 24)

• Thread starter idontoweyouanything
  • Start date
So many Morrissey haters on this site, new name same crap. If you all hate morrissey so much. Go and join a Take That fan site please. This is why this site is known as Morrissey so-LOW

Do we think Moz will have the use of his own gold plated bog with working flush and a face mask to get high off the smell of his own farts?

Don't think that he doesn't fart because he does. Big fat juicy squelchy ones like the rest of us.

So many Morrissey haters on this site, new name same crap. If you all hate morrissey so much. Go and join a Take That fan site please. This is why this site is known as Morrissey so-LOW

it's a festival, that's 1 minor point, you pay for 1 dayticket Glastonbury, definately
2 times a solo gig, like Perth, plus your travel money and drinks. well UK regs wit car only, or Scottish

U2 play at last, the show without the music is a show allready, so lots of U2
fans heading to Glastonbury and will stand there allready when Morrissey is playing,
as a Morrissey fan between 60-70% waiting to see U2, is not a nice circumstance

it's not Morrissey, it's the festival and just before U2 who play last

got it:mad:

Last edited:
Before critcising U2, think for a minute. Morrissey will play before U2 an irish band for its origins and as far as I know Bono is very proud of being irish. It would be an Irish Blood, Irish Blood, English Heart. I know Morrissey does not like very much to take part in benefit events, what Bono likes a lot, but apart of this they have a good story between them, even if this not means they are pals.... Don't you think they could make a duo on one or others gigs? :guitar:

Before critcising U2, think for a minute. Morrissey will play before U2 an irish band for its origins and as far as I know Bono is very proud of being irish. It would be an Irish Blood, Irish Blood, English Heart. I know Morrissey does not like very much to take part in benefit events, what Bono likes a lot, but apart of this they have a good story between them, even if this not means they are pals.... Don't you think they could make a duo on one or others gigs? :guitar:

No - I'm criticising U2 for two reasons: because Bono is a self-important c*** who wears sunglasses indoors and because their "music" has no redeeming qualities at all.

3 of U2 have english parents.

Uh, no they don't. Two of them do - Adam and Edge. Bono and Edge are both big Morrissey fans and presented him with an award in Belfast at the Irish Music Awards about 10 years ago. All three of them hung out together afterwards for drinks and appeared to be getting on like a house on fire.

Morrissey on stage, in concert: Fantastic.

Morrissey on stage, in concert with the dreadful Jesse Tobias on guitar: Not so much.

Having to put up with Jesse makes seeing Moz so much less enjoyable. It's a shame.

These "cool" music types claim to hate U2 simply because they are successful. God forbid anybody makes music that appeals to the general public. Music snobs get on my nerves. Music is music. U2 don't sell thousands and thousands of albums because they are shit.
Some of you, who I assume are grown adults, make me sick. Grow the f*** up.

These "cool" music types claim to hate U2 simply because they are successful. God forbid anybody makes music that appeals to the general public. Music snobs get on my nerves. Music is music. U2 don't sell thousands and thousands of albums because they are shit.
Some of you, who I assume are grown adults, make me sick. Grow the f*** up.

I don't claim to be a "cool" music type by any stretch, and I hate U2 with a passion.
Why? Their music is bland, formulaic, and seemingly calculated to shift as many units as possible to middle aged soccer moms who wish to be seen as hip.

Bono's ridiculous Messiah complex doesn't help either.
Somebody also mentioned sunglasses indoors. That clinches it for me.

I don't claim to be a "cool" music type by any stretch, and I hate U2 with a passion.
Why? Their music is bland, formulaic, and seemingly calculated to shift as many units as possible to middle aged soccer moms who wish to be seen as hip.

Bono's ridiculous Messiah complex doesn't help either.
Somebody also mentioned sunglasses indoors. That clinches it for me.

If you don't like them. don't listen to them. Saying you hate U2 is a bit extreme. They make music, loads of people love it, you don't. Quite why that inspires hate in you I do not know.
Bono is as much of a stage persona as Morrissey is. It's a business - it's about standing out from the crowd, attracting fans and making money. U2 do all three. So does Morrissey, to a much smaller degree.
But there's no point arguing about such things. If you don't like them, fair enough, but hate is a strong word.

If you don't like them. don't listen to them. Saying you hate U2 is a bit extreme. They make music, loads of people love it, you don't. Quite why that inspires hate in you I do not know.
Bono is as much of a stage persona as Morrissey is. It's a business - it's about standing out from the crowd, attracting fans and making money. U2 do all three. So does Morrissey, to a much smaller degree.
But there's no point arguing about such things. If you don't like them, fair enough, but hate is a strong word.

And THIS IS IT! I went to the 360 U2 concert and worth every penny. I don't care if Bono is a Messiah type or not. Bono and Morrissey fight for what they believe. In Morrissey's case is the Animals Right. So I don't see THAT difference that may cause a HATE. I would be happy if Morrissey and Bono join together to play "Irish Blood, English Heart". :cool:

And THIS IS IT! I went to the 360 U2 concert and worth every penny. I don't care if Bono is a Messiah type or not. Bono and Morrissey fight for what they believe. In Morrissey's case is the Animals Right. So I don't see THAT difference that may cause a HATE. I would be happy if Morrissey and Bono join together to play "Irish Blood, English Heart". :cool:

dream on

the set for U2 and the extra lights etc. incl. instrument will take 15/20 min, mabye
Morrissey comes on stage to do a song at the U2 gig, ... 1 would be great, one ...

wonder if Bone 's line ' bad taste in the mouth' is a Smith borrow, weel we'll
never know

Last edited:
I don't know who Morrissey is but as a U2 fan I can't wait for Glasto! Gonna be great and hopefully we'll be treated to a lengthy set of U2 classics.

dream on

the set for U2 and the extra lights etc. incl. instrument will take 15/20 min, mabye
Morrissey comes on stage to do a song at the U2 gig, ... 1 would be great, one ...

wonder if Bone 's line ' bad taste in the mouth' is a Smith borrow, weel we'll
never know

What planet are you communicating from?

To the whiney idiot who posted : 'He's such a sell out' ;60k etc etc' blah blah.'

Go away to another site and leave whiney comments there. Better still, create your own blog and talk crap on there instead.

Glastonbury is considered as the pinnacle of festivals and the pinnacle of many careers. In fact, I remember reading, the money isn't amazing, bands play it for the prestige and experience more so.

What would you have him do? Play a working men's club in Salford so he can stay 'true to his roots?'

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom