Morrissey at Aviva Stadium, Dublin (Mar. 26) - photo with Robbie Keane posted on FAI Twitter

Re: Morrissey at aviva stadium dublin tuesday 26th

The girl who works the coat room at the Academy still maintains Morrissey was there, even if briefly. Hers was the first "inside" tweet I followed after the mic report earlier in the day. Check @EefaLarkin_ She went from showing up to work and finding out what was going on, and being excited about it, to spewing hate that he ran out surrounded by bouncers today.

The guy on the left is a sports news reporter in Ireland on RTE (the national broadcaster)

Re: Article: Morrissey at Aviva Stadium, Dublin (Mar. 26) - photo with Robbie Keane p

I was at the JM gig in Cambridge recently and thought the Smiths songs were slow, ponderous and ruined by vocals that were beyond dire.

You don't have to post that anonymously. JM is a fine guitar player but - since 1985 - has NEVER been a singer.

The thing is that, if possible, just close your ears to the vocals and listen down in the mix for the 6 string. Amazing guitarist.

Hazard
UK

Re: Article: Morrissey at Aviva Stadium, Dublin (Mar. 26) - photo with Robbie Keane p

If there was ever anything to convince Morrissey to get up there and sing a few Smiths tunes with Marr, it may be the unpleasant alternative of sitting through Marr singing them.

That's so funny but sad and also true. JM is an amazing guitarist but not a singer. Morrissey was and is (forever) "The Smiths"

Hazard
UK

Yeah = that time was 1989.

That's so funny. No, honest, it was much earlier. Johnny Marr returned to the music scene in 1989 with New Order's Bernard Sumner and Pet Shop Boy Neil Tennant in Electronic. (Google mentions this was an electronic "super-group") but to be honest, there was nothing super about them at all, ever !) I mean that respectfully as Neil Tennant is a nice guy and JM is a great guitarist but they were missing VOCALS.

Hazard
UK

Oh dear. Ill fitting trousers that are about three sizes too big. Hanging too low in the crotch area. And then, buttoning the bottom button. *gasp* 2/10. Would not bang.

No Coco? No Chanel? Well, just Camel.

we'll let you know

I thought all 4 of the Smiths had Irish roots. They've all got Irish surnames. I think it was only Andy Rourke's mother who was English out of all the Smiths' parents. Might have got that wrong.

It's an interesting back-story for a band that are often described as being very English! Morrissey-Maher-Rourke-Joyce!
I don't even though why this all came up. Morrissey turned up to watch the game presumably invited by Robbie(considering he has never attended before this) and been given a signed shirt suddenly people are acting almost asif they weren't aware he had Irish family and suddenly it means he thinks himself more Irish and eliminates the fact he has called himself English/British and not actually ever said he was Irish.

Oh dear. Ill fitting trousers that are about three sizes too big. Hanging too low in the crotch area. And then, buttoning the bottom button. *gasp* 2/10. Would not bang.

Not a flattering look at all. :(

1. Morrissey has often expressed an identification with Irishness

See, for example: Hot Press, 4 May 1984; Irish Times, 20 Nov. 1999.

2. This has often been expressed as a hybrid or dual identity

See, for example, 'Irish Blood, English Heart' (2004).

"I had the best of both places and the best of both countries [Ireland and England]. I’m ‘one of us’ on both sides" (Irish Times, 3 November 1999).

"with so much Irishness around us, my sister and I growing up, never really felt we were Mancunians" (Irish Times, 20 November 1999).

I don't even though why this all came up. Morrissey turned up to watch the game presumably invited by Robbie(considering he has never attended before this) and been given a signed shirt suddenly people are acting almost asif they weren't aware he had Irish family and suddenly it means he thinks himself more Irish and eliminates the fact he has called himself English/British and not actually ever said he was Irish.

The other woman is Keanes mum-in-law. Liam Nammock the bodyguard is to Keanes left and hairdresser Damon is serving Mozzer tea.

his hairdresser travels with him to soccer games?

who is this man?

his hairdresser travels with him to soccer games?

who is this man?

The Damon guy goes everywhere with him - on tour, to restaurants, in the studio, to concerts, football games etc. Clearly his lover.

sobeautiful.gif

The Damon guy goes everywhere with him - on tour, to restaurants, in the studio, to concerts, football games etc. Clearly his lover.

yes clearly you would know

yes clearly you would know

Shall we wait for naked pictures to adorn the next album sleeve?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom