Morrissey at a wedding

CrystalGeezer

My secret's my enzyme.
I was reading on The Kinder, More Gentler Morrissey Forum that Morrissey didn't attend his own nephew's wedding. I suppose this goes for all stars, but doesn't it make sense? It shows empathy for the bride, it's supposed to be her day, if everyone's secretly wondering what Morrissey's drinking or whether he's going to dance or line up with the girls to catch the bouquet, then they aren't thinking about the happy couple, are they? Now the case of Russell's wedding is different since it seems like a big self-congratulatory three-day brou-haha loaded with celebs, but in the case of a small wedding NOT attending is almost a favor to the bride.

Now of course if it were a little wedding in a podunk town where nobody even knew who Morrissey was, that would be totally acceptible. :p (I have to attend a wedding in October that I quietly dread two days before my birthday. :D Alas, Morrissey has no mailing address.)

Ummm, people have been discussing whether Morrissey should sing at Russell's wedding, what are the odds that he would. Someone mentioned that it;s unlikely since he didn;t even attend his own nephew's wedding, why they know this I'm not sure. :squiffy: Anyway, my point is that Morrissey would do the right thing not to be a presense at a wedding and detract from a bride. Sorry. Headcold is making my brain EVEN MORE not form readily coherent thoughts. :p

On the subject of weddings, I personally feel that "destination weddings" like Russell's are kinda presumptuous. Just because they are millionairre actors and singers and can afford days away from work at an lavish resort doesn't mean that Aunty and Uncle are. I guess an additional point of this thread is that the caliber of this wedding and all of it;s fanfare, Morrissey could plausibly attend because he wouldn't be the only star there I'm presuming. So, that is all.

Last edited:
So upon further reflection I feel like an asshole dissing Russel and Katy's nuptial location. COnsidering that her family would be from America and his family from England, I suppose it makes sense to have a neutral location for them to all go to. THough something tells me for most a Hawaiian resort would trump a country where many squat to pee in the street, but that's just me. Personally I'd rather go to India. :p Okay now I'll shut up about weddings. And stuff in general.

I want somebody to want me all to themselves so bad. :tears:

Okay now I'll shut up. :o

Morrissey more scintillating than the bride? Like, turning up in his best Perry shirt (congregation: "Oooooooooooooooh!Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Swoon!") and nobody looking at Katy? :tears: Well, I must said I had never envisioned it like that...

...I'll take everything back, he's a gentleman.:bow:

So over at the other forums they know stuff about Morrissey's nephew's private life that we don't?:eek: I SAY, THAT'S :horny:, LET'S ALL MOVE THERE!

...Or, shall we just go with the Soloflow...:)

....At a wedding in 2003, I (Rather cheekily....well you know how it is...) asked the DJ, did he have any "Smiths"...he said he'd have a look....
about ten minutes later, "This Chaming man" blared from the speakers, and me an the "Bride" had a great dance...Does that count on here???
Dunno about any other Morrissey sites...or nephew "Rumours".....This place is doing me just fine......
(P.S. Barking, I haven't forgot the "White Vinegar" tip....But I DO keep forgetting to get some!!!....I will submit a full report if it actually works sucessfully.....Need to Iron some "Light" jeans tomorrow.....I'll get some....Wish me luck!!!)
Millie sends Huggz and "Kissingtons".......

I was reading on The Kinder, More Gentler Morrissey Forum that Morrissey didn't attend his own nephew's wedding. I suppose this goes for all stars, but doesn't it make sense? It shows empathy for the bride, it's supposed to be her day, if everyone's secretly wondering what Morrissey's drinking or whether he's going to dance or line up with the girls to catch the bouquet, then they aren't thinking about the happy couple, are they? Now the case of Russell's wedding is different since it seems like a big self-congratulatory three-day brou-haha loaded with celebs, but in the case of a small wedding NOT attending is almost a favor to the bride.

I think people in his extended family are used to him and don`t need to put cushions around the place for fear the guests will be swooning and in fainting hurt themselves. Maybe he is like me in that respect anf just doesn`t do weddings, not even as a guest. Btw. Thank you very much for mentioning the other forum, CG. Hope you like it.

Morrissey more scintillating than the bride? Like, turning up in his best Perry shirt (congregation: "Oooooooooooooooh!Aaaaaaaaaaaaah! Swoon!") and nobody looking at Katy? :tears: Well, I must said I had never envisioned it like that...

Barking, it's not that he wants to be. :rolleyes: You know this.

CrystalGeezer I think you should go out more often

Dude, I went to a bar and a deli last night, the beach and downtown LA for lunch are planned today. I need to stay in more often, I have a flippin cold and feel like baba! :p

Barking, it's not that he wants to be. :rolleyes: You know this.

You mean he can't help it?
Well can't say I've noticed he scintillates much. But I must say I've mostly seen his back, so maybe that's why.

Me, on the other hand, when I walk into a room, everybody stops talking.

Then they usually point at the "no dogs allowed" sign...:rolleyes:

....At a wedding in 2003, I (Rather cheekily....well you know how it is...) asked the DJ, did he have any "Smiths"...he said he'd have a look....

My friend is getting married in October and asked me to help out with a play list for the DJ. I have just converted her into a Morrissey fan by the way :thumb:

She rang me two days later, almost unable to breathe from laughter. The DJ had emailed her to say he'll have a 'general' playlist too as some people's taste in music is rather niche. He ended it by writing (exact quote);

'Someone once asked me to play Morrissey?!' :straightface:

I sent my list in - number 1 was 'Hang The DJ'

Similar thing happened at Madonna's wedding to Guy Ritchie. Madonna didn't invite her own brother to the ceremony.

Totally different.

Morrissey didn't attend his nephew's wedding.

Madonna didn't invite her brother to her wedding.

Madonna wouldn't invite Jesus at her own wedding, to share the cake and stuff.:rolleyes:

-Wait a second, are Jesus and Mad still together?

Frankly, Morrissey could have told Guy it wouldn't last. What happened? Did he run out of tea or something? :eek:

Now they interest me with their Hari Krishna wedding, whereas before I hardly knew they existed.

Tags
<3 roseanne mozzykrishna very cool
Back
Top Bottom