Morrissey as folk devil

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
Personally, I’d like to see you contribute a few pages, based on all of this, to a better music magazine (such as Louder than War, or Vive Le Rock). Have you thought about it?
I agree, it would be good to have this in some structured, readable, maybe even chronological format which tackles, & counters, each & every snide Guardian-esque comment. What would your nom de plume be Nerak, or would you bare all with your true identity?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, it would be good to have this in some structured, readable, maybe even chronological format which tackles, & counters, each & every snide Guardian-esque comment. What would your nom de plume be Nerak, or would you bare all with your true identity?

I'd risk my real name - even if does continue to get himself in a tangle.

There's so much stuff that hasn't been properly explored. I think! Some are just little cultural things that should've (or did) make journalists wonder - like Morrissey starts to write about Asians & fascists shortly after My Beautiful Laundrette - about a white man betraying his Asian best friend & then becoming his lover - is one of the biggest British films of the 80s.

Platforms, Rut & Disco all have references to friends. Dial A Cliche was about a father forcing his son into the closet. Morrissey watching a film seems very likely.

There's so much stuff that hasn't been properly explored. I think! Some are just little cultural things that should've (or did) make journalists wonder - like Morrissey starts to write about Asians & fascists shortly after My Beautiful Laundrette - about a white man betraying his Asian best friend & then becoming his lover - is one of the biggest British films of the 80s.

Platforms, Rut & Disco all have references to friends. Dial A Cliche was about a father forcing his son into the closet. Morrissey watching a film seems very likely.

The lyrics of DAC, despite looking very simple, are really quite profound. Among Moz's best.

The lyrics of DAC, despite looking very simple, are really quite profound. Among Moz's best.

I’ve just been reading about Luke Kelly’s statue being vandalised in Dublin. The point being, it doesn’t really matter what you say or do, there is now a generation that simply points fingers in lieu of actually aspiring to anything.

I’ve just been reading about Luke Kelly’s statue being vandalised in Dublin. The point being, it doesn’t really matter what you say or do, there is now a generation that simply points fingers in lieu of actually aspiring to anything.
Indulge me: how is your comment relevant to what Mozmar and Nerak wrote, please?

Last week, after the Central post about Elizabeth's birthday, I witnessed a younger fan being bullied into deactivating their account for tweeting this:

Tweet.jpg

I agree.

& I honestly don't think that attacking someone as tormented as Morrissey is going to look good in the future.

In the name - he was a bit sniffy about Reggae once & here's reggae superstar Shabba Ranks saying gay people should be crucified. Was Manchester Dave going to crank up Mr Loverman?

I agree.

& I honestly don't think that attacking someone as tormented as Morrissey is going to look good in the future.

In the name - he was a bit sniffy about Reggae once & here's reggae superstar Shabba Ranks saying gay people should be crucified. Was Manchester Dave going to crank up Mr Loverman?

I remember seeing Shabba Ranks on The Word in the nineties: Terry Christian hung him out to dry for this.

Twitter has reached the point where they claim that he equalled the end of his contract to 1.5 million global Covid deaths.
Because he used a figure of speech most of us have probably used at some point in this year when something was going wrong.

Twitter has reached the point where they claim that he equalled the end of his contract to 1.5 million global Covid deaths.
Because he used a figure of speech most of us have probably used at some point in this year when something was going wrong.

I think I’ve reached the point where I recognise hope comes not through denying these people, but encouraging them to spew out as much as possible. It’s a phase the world is going through.

It will likely take a global conflict to return balance and perspective. And if I, as a pacifist, am coming to terms with that—WWIII is probably just around the corner.

I wonder if David meant to be that cruel considering Morrissey's mother has died?

I think I’ve reached the point where I recognise hope comes not through denying these people, but encouraging them to spew out as much as possible. It’s a phase the world is going through.

It will likely take a global conflict to return balance and perspective. And if I, as a pacifist, am coming to terms with that—WWIII is probably just around the corner.

All that matters is the metrics.

I wonder if David meant to be that cruel considering Morrissey's mother has died?
He might not be aware of that.

I was wondering if the comment was perhaps meant to be tongue in cheek, but there are people in the comments who seem to take it very seriously.

He might not be aware of that.

I was wondering if the comment was perhaps meant to be tongue in cheek, but there are people in the comments who seem to take it very seriously.

I think he downlow likes him. But it's very hard to hold out against your peer group. And he's got that blackface picture hanging over him.

It's incredibly nasty though to say that Morrissey has thought about millions of dead people & decided his career is just as important.

Everyone has been saying that everything bad is very 2020.

But Morrissey isn't allowed to do that? He's just always evil???

And there's always a chance that it goes on the list of crimes, endlessly referred to as that time he compared his career to Covid deaths.

I think he downlow likes him. But it's very hard to hold out against your peer group. And he's got that blackface picture hanging over him.

It's incredibly nasty though to say that Morrissey has thought about millions of dead people & decided his career is just as important.

Everyone has been saying that everything bad is very 2020.

But Morrissey isn't allowed to do that? He's just always evil???

And there's always a chance that it goes on the list of crimes, endlessly referred to as that time he compared his career to Covid deaths.
Yeah, that's what I thought.

I don't know if he still "likes" him or not, he used to at some point, but nobody forced him to make this tweet.
It's so absurd and nasty for all the reasons you mentioned.

1.5 million Covid deaths is nothing compared to what happens to Morrissey every day.

Tags
folk devil media morrissey
Back
Top Bottom