Morrissey article in Las Vegas Sun

QUOTE - "If you happen to see Morrissey in a Las Vegas saloon this weekend, approach with caution. Be polite. Buy the man a drink"

True, true. I don't think I'd approach him for fear of being headbutted.

“The audience doesn’t realize this, but I, in effect, come to see them,” he recently told the fanzine True to You, “and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look.”

:crazy: Whatever.

OK....I'm going to bring wardrobe, hair, and makeup people with me to California.
So if you people don't look your best on December 11, stay the hell away from Ventura. plzkthx.

LOL @ "Every Morning I Wake Up and Stub My Toe on the Same Bloody Piece of Furniture (to My Soul’s Amusement).”

A perfect song for lyics such as shit, puke, and hunchbacked. :thumb:

I was expecting so much more from Sin City. :( Maybe there are better stories about the after-show. ;)

“The audience doesn’t realize this, but I, in effect, come to see them,” he recently told the fanzine True to You, “and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look.”

:crazy: Whatever.

OK....I'm going to bring wardrobe, hair, and makeup people with me to California.
So if you people don't look your best on December 11, stay the hell away from Ventura. plzkthx.

That 'recent interview' was a 2007 Q and A on True to you. It was snipped in this piece as he goes on to talk about singing to the crowd, how much room they have, etc... nothing about what t-shirts they might be wearing.

I'm curious as to what makes a concert a good and memorable experience for you. According to you, what do your best shows have in common (if anything)?
Mads Peter
Copenhagen, Denmark
The audience doesn't realize this but, I, in effect, come to see them, and my temperament depends on how they react and even how they look. I sing directly at the audience, and I look right into the audience - few singers do, I've noticed. I am addressing them with each line, and they react - one way or another - as if we are in conversation. Often, because of the light, I can't see people - this is usually at festivals or outdoor amphitheaters and is nobody's fault, but I tend to lose the thread when I'm singing to blackness. Also, if the security at the front are too stroppy and too controlling my anger rises. The shape of the hall, and how the audience are positioned - whether free to move, or shackled to their seats, or being slapped back by security, are all elements that can make or break a night. I'm just there-somewhere-in the gaps.

Last edited:
It says here that Stella McCartney has never used leather in any of her collections, am unsure if this is true but I did read a quote from Stella McCartney that she purchased a second hand red leather bikers jacket from a charity shop, which she did wear, this was in her early days of student/designer stardom. If my memory serves me well it may have even been a leather 'KISS' jacket.

That 'recent interview' was a 2007 Q and A on True to you. It was snipped in this piece as he goes on to talk about singing to the crowd, how much room they have, etc... nothing about what t-shirts they might be wearing.

Yes, well thanks for clarifying that. I was joking.

If he walked off of stages based upon the audiences' attire, he most certainly wouldn't have performed at all in Chicago during the 2006 Ringleader Tour.
My jackass ex bf was wearing a pink button down shirt, khaki slacks, and penny loafers...
I mean.....WTF?? :sick:

Yes, well thanks for clarifying that. I was joking.

If he walked off of stages based upon the audiences' attire, he most certainly wouldn't have performed at all in Chicago during the 2006 Ringleader Tour.
My jackass ex bf was wearing a pink button down shirt, khaki slacks, and penny loafers...
I mean.....WTF?? :sick:

Khaki slacks. Can't beat them! I actually own a pair. Great for Chuck taylors in the summer and spring.

If he walked off of stages based upon the audiences' attire, he most certainly wouldn't have performed at all in Chicago during the 2006 Ringleader Tour. My jackass ex bf was wearing a pink button down shirt, khaki slacks, and penny loafers...

No worries, my hotness overcompensated. :thumb:

A preppy dufus. :p

Speaking of... in HS our mascot was the Gators. Izod shirts were very popular. Popped collars on Izod shirts were even more popular. :rolleyes::lbf:

Yes, and I should take some responsibility for his attire.
He'd never heard of Morrissey, and I failed to clue him in. :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom