Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - TTY

Press release: Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - true-to-you.net

11 November 2012

It's rare these days to see a hyper-literate artist succeed as an over-the-top entertainer.
His band is top-notch.

- Billboard

Morrissey Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
Including Additional Cities

After nine shows in the Northeast this fall, Morrissey will continue his North American tour beginning in Greenvale, Long Island, NY, on January 9th and ending in Portland, Ore., on March 8th. The 32-city tour includes a date at the Staples Center with special guests Patti Smith and her band, as well as his first performance at Brooklyn Academy of Music in NYC. As always, Morrissey will perform greatest hits from his legendary catalog as well as new unreleased songs. Tickets for the rescheduled dates will go on sale on Monday, November 12th. Tickets for the added dates will go on sale on Friday, November 16th. Consult your local ticket outlet for more information. Any dates not rescheduled have been omitted due to lack of venue availability.

Morrissey is recognized as one of the most prominent artists of his generation and is an idol for people around the world. Pitchfork has called him "one of the most singular figures in Western popular culture from the last twenty years." Morrissey's influence can be seen and felt throughout the music of countless artists who have noted him as their inspiration.

Morrissey 2013 North American Tour Dates

1/9 Greenvale, NY @ Tilles Center for the Performing Arts
1/11 Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Academy of Music
1/12 Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues Atlantic City
1/16 North Bethesda, MD @ Strathmore
1/18 Reading, PA @ Sovereign Performing Arts Center
1/19 Port Chester, NY @ Capitol Theatre
1/21 Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Hall
1/22 Columbus. OH @ LC Indoor Pavilion
1/24 Flint, MI @ The Whiting
1/25 Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theater
1/26 Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theater
1/28 Asheville, NC @ Orange Peel
1/29 Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
1/31 Atlanta, GA @ Cobb Energy Center for the Performing Arts
2/2 Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall
2/5 Clear Lake, IA @ Surf Ballroom
2/6 Lincoln, NE @ Rococo Theatre
2/9 Las Vegas, NV @ The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
2/10 Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
2/12 El Paso, TX @ Tricky Falls
2/13 Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
2/15 Pharr, TX @ Pharr Events Center
2/16 Beaumont, TX @ Jefferson Theater
2/18 Dallas, TX @ Palladium
2/21 Denver, CO @ Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
2/22 Salt Lake City, UT @ Kingsbury Hall
2/24 San Francisco, CA @ Davies Symphony Hall
3/1 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
3/2 Sparks, NV @ John Ascuaga's Nugget - Rose Ballroom
3/4 Davis, CA @ Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis
3/6 Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre
3/8 Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Patti Smith and her band will be special guests at the Staples Center show. Kristeen Young will open on all nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flo Rida Florida F L O R I D A
It's friggin beautiful that time of year.
Everybody else comes down.
We've been patiently waiting since 1st cancellation
Nov 8 2007 Fillmore. Four cancellations Refusal.
Give us ONE. Please.
Eres cruel, Moz

I just got an email from StubHub that the show in Denver on Feb. 21st at the Temple Buell Theatre has been cancelled, but... tickets are still on sale for that show on Ticketmaster. Anyone know what's up with this show?

The show in Denver is definitely still happening. I called the venue and they said the show at Ellie was moved to Temple Buell and all tickets originally purchased for Ellie will be honored and reassigned to a corresponding seat at the new venue, which sounds great to me.

Does anybody know the passcode for the Liberty Hall show in Lawrence, Ks?????????????

Sorry to be annoying, but if anyone has any knowledge of where the tickets for the Brooklyn show will be sold, please help. None of the information I have come across so far is clear. Thanks in advance.

All of the ticket links are on the 'Tour Dates' tab on Morrissey's Facebook page. Thats where Ive been getting my info from.

Jan 30. Empty.
Run down to ANYWHERE in Florida.
Wrap it up quickly at Nashville, ride like the wind
south for a quicky Jax Theatre, Morrocco Shrine
Hard Rock Orlando; then north to Atl. GA on the
31st. at Cobb Center.
WHY THE HELL NOT?? It can happen.

Florida is due for a
"Sound Thrashing"
What other state looks like the penis of
America??
Will hold our breath till TTY announces when
it'll be our turn.
Starting......now
OK. Won't be holding breath, but WILL continue
to sit down and shut up and do nada.

Where did you hear that? I was told that new tickets must be purchased and got a refund.

The show in Denver is definitely still happening. I called the venue and they said the show at Ellie was moved to Temple Buell and all tickets originally purchased for Ellie will be honored and reassigned to a corresponding seat at the new venue, which sounds great to me.

Denver show is cancelled??? WTF.. it's Denver for crying out loud. I had 3rd row center.... I can't help being pissed off. I am going to go break something..

Morrissey will spend 7 nights in Mexas, and not one show in Colorado. what? Was Denver's upscale opera house not appealing he had to cancel it? Scorned...

deadgirl just make my day! now i got my ticket to be in front of morrissey one more time in January, can't wait!!! i'm hoping he sing a few of my favorites songs.

Yes I did and I almost had a heart attack when I saw what tickets they had given me. I never imagined that would happen.

Earlier this year I bought two tickets from Ticketmaster for the May 25th Bakersfield CA show (my b-day is May 26) and I got front row center, pit tickets, I was so happy. I live in Salt Lake City, so I flew out to see the show. This venue had placed folding chairs over the orchestra pit, four rows of chairs, wire tied together.

When we arrived at the venue Kristeen was on stage and we tried to get to our seats but there was just a mob of people at the front. We decided to go back to the lobby to wait for her to finish, however right after she finishes they start to play the video montage, so there is never a “quite” moment to sort out the seat issue.

We walked up to the front and the usher/bouncer said we were in the front, so we tried to shimmy down the front of the stage to no avail, then we sent back a few rows and walked to the middle thinking we could jump a couple of rows especially once security saw my ticket. All the chairs had been broken apart and pushed to the side and this “reserved pit” became a GA mosh pit. I got about two people back from the front, security would not make eye contact with me and when I yelled “I have found row tickets” at least three people around me said “we all have front row tickets”

Then I noticed a bloke next to me giving his ticket to others outside of the pit, to get them past security, meaning that the pit had more people in it then tickets sold.

I ended up staying in the “3rd” row and enjoying the show from a close distance, I even got my hand on one of his shirts, although I was eventually bit and had to let go.

My advice, is if you have front row or pit tickets, even in a seated venue, get there early. There are “fans” who are f***ers and do not care that you scored your tickets fare and square.

The kicker is that same bloke giving away his ticket was at the next nights show in Stockton CA, where I was up in the balcony, he was again in the pit and this time he got on stage. It’s like a game, not an experience.

My first Morrissey show was in 1991, I have been to 25 shows since. In the past 7 or so years I have been able to travel a bit and see him more. I have never been on the front row of a show. I was one person back at the Zephyr Club in SLC back in 2002.

Earlier this year I bought two tickets from Ticketmaster for the May 25th Bakersfield CA show (my b-day is May 26) and I got front row center, pit tickets, I was so happy. I live in Salt Lake City, so I flew out to see the show. This venue had placed folding chairs over the orchestra pit, four rows of chairs, wire tied together.

When we arrived at the venue Kristeen was on stage and we tried to get to our seats but there was just a mob of people at the front. We decided to go back to the lobby to wait for her to finish, however right after she finishes they start to play the video montage, so there is never a “quite” moment to sort out the seat issue.

We walked up to the front and the usher/bouncer said we were in the front, so we tried to shimmy down the front of the stage to no avail, then we sent back a few rows and walked to the middle thinking we could jump a couple of rows especially once security saw my ticket. All the chairs had been broken apart and pushed to the side and this “reserved pit” became a GA mosh pit. I got about two people back from the front, security would not make eye contact with me and when I yelled “I have found row tickets” at least three people around me said “we all have front row tickets”

Then I noticed a bloke next to me giving his ticket to others outside of the pit, to get them past security, meaning that the pit had more people in it then tickets sold.

I ended up staying in the “3rd” row and enjoying the show from a close distance, I even got my hand on one of his shirts, although I was eventually bit and had to let go.

My advice, is if you have front row or pit tickets, even in a seated venue, get there early. There are “fans” who are f***ers and do not care that you scored your tickets fare and square.

The kicker is that same bloke giving away his ticket was at the next nights show in Stockton CA, where I was up in the balcony, he was again in the pit and this time he got on stage. It’s like a game, not an experience.

My first Morrissey show was in 1991, I have been to 25 shows since. In the past 7 or so years I have been able to travel a bit and see him more. I have never been on the front row of a show. I was one person back at the Zephyr Club in SLC back in 2002.

Bakersfield? By her own admission solo's very own Crystal Geezer was one of the people who snuck into the pit without a pit ticket.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...Moment?p=1986717678&viewfull=1#post1986717678

CrystalGeezer
My secret's my enzyme.
Blog Entries

Re: Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment
So I drive to Bakersfield and buy a crappy ticket. Then (uncharacteristic of me) I sneak into the pit. 3rd row Jesse side. Then Morrissey throws his shirt and in the melee I get to second row. Then some guy who was texting and looking for Jackie half the time makes a leap during the first encore song Last Night and I push him up there. Now I'm on the RAIL!!!!!!! I've never done that. Then Morrissey starts the second encore still ill and he so f***ing pissed at security for being macho (Hello!!!!!!!) that he barely sings the words, quits and walks off.

I am not destined to touch that man. I'd take a f***ing single malt whiskey bottle and smash it in the middle of Truxton Steet to break this hermetically sealed bullshut curse. I want to f*** you but I can't reach you!!!! Grrrr! I gotta pee so bad. Lol. Awesome show.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom