Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - TTY

Press release: Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - true-to-you.net

11 November 2012

It's rare these days to see a hyper-literate artist succeed as an over-the-top entertainer.
His band is top-notch.

- Billboard

Morrissey Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
Including Additional Cities

After nine shows in the Northeast this fall, Morrissey will continue his North American tour beginning in Greenvale, Long Island, NY, on January 9th and ending in Portland, Ore., on March 8th. The 32-city tour includes a date at the Staples Center with special guests Patti Smith and her band, as well as his first performance at Brooklyn Academy of Music in NYC. As always, Morrissey will perform greatest hits from his legendary catalog as well as new unreleased songs. Tickets for the rescheduled dates will go on sale on Monday, November 12th. Tickets for the added dates will go on sale on Friday, November 16th. Consult your local ticket outlet for more information. Any dates not rescheduled have been omitted due to lack of venue availability.

Morrissey is recognized as one of the most prominent artists of his generation and is an idol for people around the world. Pitchfork has called him "one of the most singular figures in Western popular culture from the last twenty years." Morrissey's influence can be seen and felt throughout the music of countless artists who have noted him as their inspiration.

Morrissey 2013 North American Tour Dates

1/9 Greenvale, NY @ Tilles Center for the Performing Arts
1/11 Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Academy of Music
1/12 Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues Atlantic City
1/16 North Bethesda, MD @ Strathmore
1/18 Reading, PA @ Sovereign Performing Arts Center
1/19 Port Chester, NY @ Capitol Theatre
1/21 Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Hall
1/22 Columbus. OH @ LC Indoor Pavilion
1/24 Flint, MI @ The Whiting
1/25 Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theater
1/26 Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theater
1/28 Asheville, NC @ Orange Peel
1/29 Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
1/31 Atlanta, GA @ Cobb Energy Center for the Performing Arts
2/2 Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall
2/5 Clear Lake, IA @ Surf Ballroom
2/6 Lincoln, NE @ Rococo Theatre
2/9 Las Vegas, NV @ The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
2/10 Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
2/12 El Paso, TX @ Tricky Falls
2/13 Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
2/15 Pharr, TX @ Pharr Events Center
2/16 Beaumont, TX @ Jefferson Theater
2/18 Dallas, TX @ Palladium
2/21 Denver, CO @ Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
2/22 Salt Lake City, UT @ Kingsbury Hall
2/24 San Francisco, CA @ Davies Symphony Hall
3/1 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
3/2 Sparks, NV @ John Ascuaga's Nugget - Rose Ballroom
3/4 Davis, CA @ Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis
3/6 Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre
3/8 Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Patti Smith and her band will be special guests at the Staples Center show. Kristeen Young will open on all nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the quotes from Billboard and Pitchfork? :squiffy: Surely anybody looking at tour dates already knows who he is!

Because it's a press release (or the Morrissey version of) and journalists are very very lazy. Those quotes will be cut and pasted into endless articles over the next few months. That's how it works.

Hi! Nashville ticket info:

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri, 11/16/12 10:00 AM CST

INTERNET PRESALE
Start: Thu, 11/15/12 10:00 AM CST
End: Thu, 11/15/12 10:00 PM CST

Anybody know about presale password info?

- Amber

I just called the Ryman and they told me either Morrissey's or Kristeen Young's fan club would have the password. She couldn't give me any more info. Not giving up though, if I find it I'll post.

Jesus, hope you feel better you slammed someone you don't know for asking an innocent question.

"Slammed," lol. It's not my fault that you're incapable of reading the original post of a thread you replied to for the information you're looking for.

Check out the rest of the site, "bud"

Why would I (or you for that matter) "check out the rest of the site" - or put credence in poorly typed "friend of a friend" information - when the official information you're looking for is in the exact same thread you replied to? Now, that would just be stupid, wouldn't it? :)

Last edited:
Yes, you're right, as usual.

I can only assume, bud, that your hemorrhoids must be acting up, as you are usually so polite and helpful in your posts.

Try Sunsweet Prunes and/or some fiber chewable tablets. That might help.
TZ

Of course he tried to reschedule it. It was a sold out show. The press release says that it was not included because of a lack of venue availability, meaning the venue itself didnt have any open dates for him to put the rescheduled show in. Thats on the venue, not Moz.

If I was to wager money I would bet the Morrissey is lying.

Reading, PA....wow. What nothing available in Philly?
More NYC area dates?
Still no FL dates?
Grrr

I can only assume, bud, that your hemorrhoids must be acting up, as you are usually so polite and helpful in your posts.

Try Sunsweet Prunes and/or some fiber chewable tablets. That might help.
TZ

I'm in my 20s, not my 60s. If that's the best comeback you can come up with, I'd suggest going back to school, Mom.

Oh bud, I can come up with much better comebacks; however, it appears you apparently, will be unable to comprehend. Fortunately, for us all, you will, hopefully, grow up and mature (although that's debatable.)

Take advantage of your youth as I continue to do.

xo

Jesus, hope you feel better you slammed someone you don't know for asking an innocent question.

Check out the rest of the site, "bud" -

"Just got news from a friend of mine, she has her sources & that Morrissey just cancelled The Las Vegas Show @ The Cosmopalitan...Tix r being refunded or u can choose to use that tix for other shows ther at Cosmos..."

The Nov 23 date, which was postponed (not cancelled) and is now firmly rescheduled for Feb 9.

Let's say you bought a ticket to the Nov date and now that it's changed to Feb and for some reason you cannot go, then you would get a refund.

Let's also say that this show was sold out, then those returned tickets would now be available for sale :)

Bottom line is, if you wanna take your son to see Moz, aim for Las Vegas Feb 9th ish....

Oh bud, I can come up with much better comebacks; however, it appears you apparently, will be unable to comprehend. Fortunately, for us all, you will, hopefully, grow up and mature (although that's debatable.)

Take advantage of your youth as I continue to do.

xo

Ooooook, whatever you say, grandma. Keep "checking out the rest of the site" while the information you want is right under your nose :rolleyes:

in case you are interested fellow Texans

Austin Music Hall
Doors open: 7:00PM
Public On-sale Date: Nov 16 10:00AM
All Ages

Honest question...why is it noteworthy that he's playing the Brooklyn Academy of Music? Never heard of it. :o

Guys..the last time I was on here I was a college student. I'm 24 now and on Friday I might finally have the chance to see Morrissey in the town of Reading, PA. It's something I have on my bucket list and I've talked about it for years. I'm so excited, but I don't want to get my hopes up just in case it sells out in seconds or gets canceled.
I think it's one of the new dates that were added.

so morrissey is gracing southeastern PA and South jersey area with 2 shows? this is great. Hope to hear 'Suedehead' at one of the the shows- AC or Reading PA.
worth the drive to both shows from philly.

my prove your human code was know your rights.

how very joe strummerish

It looks like Moz's Facebook page has been updated with all of the new dates and ticket links under the 'Tour Dates' tab. His Facebook page also says that if we have purchased a ticket for the original date, it will still be valid for the rescheduled date and no need to do anything. Guessing that since Wichita Falls and Bellingham weren't in there, those were the venues that didnt have any available dates. Bummer on Wichita Falls, but now at least I get to see him in Dallas, Austin, Beaumont and Pharr!

It looks like Moz's Facebook page has been updated with all of the new dates and ticket links under the 'Tour Dates' tab. His Facebook page also says that if we have purchased a ticket for the original date, it will still be valid for the rescheduled date and no need to do anything. Guessing that since Wichita Falls and Bellingham weren't in there, those were the venues that didnt have any available dates. Bummer on Wichita Falls, but now at least I get to see him in Dallas, Austin, Beaumont and Pharr!
As well I! Well bit austin. It's slightly inconvenient.

You should absolutely take your son to see him at the Cosmopolitan. The venue is beautiful, the sound is awesome and the staff is the best. They bought us cheese pizza last year.

They should really specify as they make it sound as if you have to purchase more tickets. So are they going to be valid?

Indeed, and apparently if you got yours from Ticketmaster to see the Denver show (which was a change in venue, I might add) they send an email specifying directions to have them deliver the updated tickets, and I imagine for the change from Ellie Caulkins Opera House to the Buell Theatre in the same complex. The anonymous poster who responded was irresponsible and failed to distinguish between the Mozzer's website and the individual venues' policies, the latter being a little infantile round these parts. Depending on where you purchased them, and whether or not Morrissey was able to maintain a slot at the initial venue in your own circumstances, I would be cautious, at least, just in order not to have complications.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom