Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - TTY

Press release: Morrissey announces rescheduled tour dates including additional cities - true-to-you.net

11 November 2012

It's rare these days to see a hyper-literate artist succeed as an over-the-top entertainer.
His band is top-notch.

- Billboard

Morrissey Announces Rescheduled Tour Dates
Including Additional Cities

After nine shows in the Northeast this fall, Morrissey will continue his North American tour beginning in Greenvale, Long Island, NY, on January 9th and ending in Portland, Ore., on March 8th. The 32-city tour includes a date at the Staples Center with special guests Patti Smith and her band, as well as his first performance at Brooklyn Academy of Music in NYC. As always, Morrissey will perform greatest hits from his legendary catalog as well as new unreleased songs. Tickets for the rescheduled dates will go on sale on Monday, November 12th. Tickets for the added dates will go on sale on Friday, November 16th. Consult your local ticket outlet for more information. Any dates not rescheduled have been omitted due to lack of venue availability.

Morrissey is recognized as one of the most prominent artists of his generation and is an idol for people around the world. Pitchfork has called him "one of the most singular figures in Western popular culture from the last twenty years." Morrissey's influence can be seen and felt throughout the music of countless artists who have noted him as their inspiration.

Morrissey 2013 North American Tour Dates

1/9 Greenvale, NY @ Tilles Center for the Performing Arts
1/11 Brooklyn, NY @ Brooklyn Academy of Music
1/12 Atlantic City, NJ @ House of Blues Atlantic City
1/16 North Bethesda, MD @ Strathmore
1/18 Reading, PA @ Sovereign Performing Arts Center
1/19 Port Chester, NY @ Capitol Theatre
1/21 Pittsburgh, PA @ Heinz Hall
1/22 Columbus. OH @ LC Indoor Pavilion
1/24 Flint, MI @ The Whiting
1/25 Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theater
1/26 Chicago, IL @ Chicago Theater
1/28 Asheville, NC @ Orange Peel
1/29 Nashville, TN @ Ryman Auditorium
1/31 Atlanta, GA @ Cobb Energy Center for the Performing Arts
2/2 Lawrence, KS @ Liberty Hall
2/5 Clear Lake, IA @ Surf Ballroom
2/6 Lincoln, NE @ Rococo Theatre
2/9 Las Vegas, NV @ The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
2/10 Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
2/12 El Paso, TX @ Tricky Falls
2/13 Austin, TX @ Austin Music Hall
2/15 Pharr, TX @ Pharr Events Center
2/16 Beaumont, TX @ Jefferson Theater
2/18 Dallas, TX @ Palladium
2/21 Denver, CO @ Temple Hoyne Buell Theatre
2/22 Salt Lake City, UT @ Kingsbury Hall
2/24 San Francisco, CA @ Davies Symphony Hall
3/1 Los Angeles, CA @ Staples Center
3/2 Sparks, NV @ John Ascuaga's Nugget - Rose Ballroom
3/4 Davis, CA @ Robert Mondavi Center at UC Davis
3/6 Seattle, WA @ Moore Theatre
3/8 Portland, OR @ Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall

Patti Smith and her band will be special guests at the Staples Center show. Kristeen Young will open on all nights.

Last edited by a moderator:
God f***ing damnit, he's opting out of his Bellingham show? f*** Mozzer.

Staples center website says keep tickets as they are valid, yet the update fromTTY says tix will be on sale for postponed shows hmmmm?

It is perfectly obvious. Your ticket will be valid, but any unsold/returned tickets will be put on sale

The Strathmore in Bethesda MD has someone called "Deborah Bond" playing at 730 the night of January 16th.

TX, CA, and NY...you guys always get so lucky. I was hoping for an added show in or around NC as he has played great shows in Durham/Raleigh and Charlotte in the past. Glad to see the 28 on schedule, though. :)

When are Nashville tickets available?

Hi! Nashville ticket info:

Onsale to General Public
Start: Fri, 11/16/12 10:00 AM CST

INTERNET PRESALE
Start: Thu, 11/15/12 10:00 AM CST
End: Thu, 11/15/12 10:00 PM CST

Anybody know about presale password info?

- Amber

They should really specify as they make it sound as if you have to purchase more tickets. So are they going to be valid?

You literally only have to scroll down to read the October 26th press release in which he postponed the remainder of the US tour to answer your question. It's on the same page. I really don't understand what's so difficult about this. It doesn't exactly take an advanced brain to logically assemble the thought that, 'Oh, perhaps I should check true-to-you's most recent updates to see if there's any information on the validity of my tickets.'

why would he cancel the Bellingham show, that was sold out

Just spoke to the Bellingham ticket and received my ticket refund. According to the theater there was no attempt to reschedule a new show and in fact he was initially debating whether to included Seattle. I guess the states of Washington and Florida are not his favorite places to visit.

Has anyone heard any word on Las Vegas? It's around my son's b'day & I'd love to fly us out as a surprise (I'm rationalizing by telling myself that I've worked 2 or 3 jobs for the past 10 yrs so I deserve SOMETHING.) Just saw a post saying it was going to be canceled and I'd hate to make plans/reservations (don't have any tickets yet) and then get it up the you know what.

Thanks!

Has anyone heard any word on Las Vegas? It's around my son's b'day & I'd love to fly us out as a surprise (I'm rationalizing by telling myself that I've worked 2 or 3 jobs for the past 10 yrs so I deserve SOMETHING.) Just saw a post saying it was going to be canceled and I'd hate to make plans/reservations (don't have any tickets yet) and then get it up the you know what.

Thanks!

Errrrr...... you are posting this question on a thread that answers your question.

Just saw this from Morrissey Official on Facebook:

All tickets previously purchased for the rescheduled dates will be honored on the new dates. No need to exchange or re-purchase anything.

errrr....I'm asking for a definite, not the "i have a friend who knows someone that said. . . . " not to worry, I'll find out myself.

Thanks anyway - sorry, but I didn't see anything on this thread that is a definite answer.

errrr....I'm asking for a definite, not the "i have a friend who knows someone that said. . . . " not to worry, I'll find out myself.

True-To-You is the site that puts out Morrissey's official press releases...How much more definite of an answer are you looking for?

Thanks anyway - sorry, but I didn't see anything on this thread that is a definite answer.

Really now?

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_121111_01
2/9 Las Vegas, NV @ The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas

Great detective work, bud.

Jesus, hope you feel better you slammed someone you don't know for asking an innocent question.

Check out the rest of the site, "bud" -

"Just got news from a friend of mine, she has her sources & that Morrissey just cancelled The Las Vegas Show @ The Cosmopalitan...Tix r being refunded or u can choose to use that tix for other shows ther at Cosmos..."

"His band is top-notch."

Beethoven was deaf...and, apparently, so, too, is Billboard.

The Strathmore in Bethesda MD has someone called "Deborah Bond" playing at 730 the night of January 16th.

There is a tiny 110 capacity room at the property. If you go to the Strathmore site, it shows that she is playing in that room early, and Morrissey is playing in the concert hall at 8pm.

Just spoke to the Bellingham ticket and received my ticket refund. According to the theater there was no attempt to reschedule a new show and in fact he was initially debating whether to included Seattle. I guess the states of Washington and Florida are not his favorite places to visit.

Of course he tried to reschedule it. It was a sold out show. The press release says that it was not included because of a lack of venue availability, meaning the venue itself didnt have any open dates for him to put the rescheduled show in. Thats on the venue, not Moz.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom