Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Via translate:
Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
João Paulo Martins
SAO PAUILO
Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
And Ricmais (same story):
https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
MORRISSEY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT:

1. If you like him
  2. If you dont like him
  3. If you go to his concerts
  4. If you dont go to his concerts
  5. If you like his music
  6. If you dont like his music
  7. YOU and YOUR f***ING OPINION

#MORRISSEYSOLOISFULLOFCRASHINGBORES #f***SOLO
Yet you do? Interesting.

MORRISSEY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT:

1. If you like him
  2. If you dont like him
  3. If you go to his concerts
  4. If you dont go to his concerts
  5. If you like his music
  6. If you dont like his music
  7. YOU and YOUR f***ING OPINION

Well, his obsession with charts, media articles and promotion proves exactly the opposite.

Oh, yes!!!!! "Morrissey" and "new album" in the same sentence is always great news!!!!!
And the fact that it will be a covers album is even better! (OK, maybe that's my fetish for covers).

It reminded me of Nick Cave's "Kicking against the Pricks", which is probably his second best album (From Her to Eternity will always be his best one).

I hope that the title is not simply a pun, but also a sign that the album will include a version of "California Sun"!!!!!!
A song that somehow became the "reconciliation song" between Wayne County and Dick Manitoba (that live version doesn't seem to be online)

I so happy to hear about this new album!!!!!

As for the usual grumpy crowd: :tongueclosed::tongueout::tongueclosed:

P.S, a version of Ketamine Sun would be fun too! :D (though I can't imagine a version of that one by Morrissey).

P.S #2: Something by the Velvet Underground would be nice!!!! (I can imagine Lady Godiva by Morrissey and it would be amazing)

P.S. #3 NEW-MORRISSEY-ALBUM ----> Yeeeeeeees!!!!!!!

P.S. #4 Bring me home and have me! :p

I don't get why some journalist begin their articles with "Morrissey, former singer of The Smiths... blah blah".

Most people nowadays know Morrissey because of his solo work rather than because of The Smiths.
Because The Smiths will always be more universally known, and more consistently, critically acclaimed than Morrissey. My kids and their peer group have all heard of The Smiths, but most don't know (or care about) Morrissey.

I don't get why some journalist begin their articles with "Morrissey, former singer of The Smiths... blah blah".

Most people nowadays know Morrissey because of his solo work rather than because of The Smiths.

I don't know about opinion in the UK, but in America I can vouch that most people on the East Coast at least know Morrissey because he has been a renowned curmudgeon since the Smiths days.

So I'd imagine you'd prefer "Former Smiths frontman" to "Perennial asshole."

You know it's odd how much shit is spoken about Morrissey on So-Low, but everyone just loves to talk about him? Y'all need to stop already and come to terms with yourselves...

Why must you bite the hand that feeds you?

Moz could shit on a parade of disabled war veterans and you'd call it a work of genius. You utter, utter c***.

The images you come up with say more about yourself than anyone else. You are a very strange and demented person.
You're so desperate you appeal to patriotism? I guess it's all you've got. Your wit has certainly failed you.
And "utter, utter" probably sounded better to you than it reads. Maybe "utter, utter, utter, utter" next time will be twice as cutting?

Nurse, if you see this, Peter seems agitated. I think it's time for his medication.

Hearing him do a snippet of 'his latest flame' live in the past it would be great to have that done in the studio

is it too much of a coincidence that M mentioned elvis HIS LATEST FLAME a few months ago,just listened to it and would certainly suit his voice,would love him to do BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS but the version elvis does which is fantastic and for me is the ultimate version.

Yes, Take This Longing.
But he’s never sung LC’s praises, what always has surprised me. Just like Scott Walker for instance.

On the other hand, it took him 30 years to start mentioning Tim Buckley, so who knows.

If Mogsy were to cover LC's the complete 80 verses of "Hallelujah", it would be epic and news worldwide.

I wonder if there will be a dominant era of music in the cover album. Curious to know how the theme of American composers transpires on the album.

I wonder if there will be a dominant era of music in the cover album. Curious to know how the theme of American composers transpires on the album.
Well, I'm guessing there won't be a era if Chain Gang is on there. The other track we do know that is recorded: 'It Happens Every Time' was released in 1966 by Tim Buckley which would be at odds with '82 for Chain Gang.
Regards,
FWD.

Because The Smiths will always be more universally known, and more consistently, critically acclaimed than Morrissey. My kids and their peer group have all heard of The Smiths, but most don't know (or care about) Morrissey.
Complete Bullshit that, most kids I know have not a clue who either is, your talking absolute Shite, ya twisted little Mothaf***a, OW!!

If Mogsy were to cover LC's the complete 80 verses of "Hallelujah", it would be epic and news worldwide.
Please God, no. I love that song and Leonard, but it's been done to death (and the final nails in the coffin hammered in by Alexandra Burke). Besides, the Rufus Wainwright version is the definitive one imo.

Rufus certainly fits into American composer genre as he has a lot of original albums and opera.

I'd love him to do one by Rufus Wainwright. I know that Rufus is a fan of Moz.
Absolutely. I've long wanted a Moz/Rufus collaboration, I think his theatrical style and crooning vocal melodies would suit Moz so well. Going To a Town or Poses would be great, and this would be fabulous:

I'm a huge fan of Loudon and Martha as well. I'd love him to do a Loudon cover but I think most of his stuff just doesn't suit his vocal style. Love to be surprised, though :D

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom