Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Via translate:
Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
João Paulo Martins
SAO PAUILO
Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
And Ricmais (same story):
https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I quite liked Floorboards and That’s Entertainment too.
Drive-In Saturday was ok too.

But most of the ones he recorded were b-sides and recorded as such. Now the ambitions must be a bit higher.

And judging from the live recording Chain Gang is going to be good to start with.

I also liked floorboards and, you say you don’t love me.

Yes, on the other hand Redondo Beach and Satellite of Love rather bored me, and they even were singles, so we just have to wait and see.

Up to a point, Lord Copper, but he sought fame and its trappings. He wasn’t forced.

He produced a product for which many of us here were happy to engage with him in a transaction to own. I don’t what he’s worth now, but I do know I wouldn’t mind being a quid behind him.

I’m still not thrilled by the idea of a covers album. I don’t think he does them particularly well. With the exception of Interlude they’ve been a bit perfunctory. Oooh. Word of the day. Get in.
I agree, most of the covers are a bit lazy - he's just going through the motions and the arrangements are uninspiring (I think Chain Gang definitely falls into this category). Have to disagree with Interlude as well - great song but they don't sound like they're passionately in love, more like they want to poison one another. But I'm willing to be surprised with this album. I am hoping the inclusion of LP means he's upped his game.

MORRISSEY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT:

1. If you like him
  2. If you dont like him
  3. If you go to his concerts
  4. If you dont go to his concerts
  5. If you like his music
  6. If you dont like his music
  7. YOU and YOUR f***ING OPINION

#MORRISSEYSOLOISFULLOFCRASHINGBORES #f***SOLO

no one can hold a candle to you,love so many of the lyrics in that song.

1. If you like him
  2. If you dont like him
  5. If you like his music

Thanks for your insight Sam.

Nah not sad at all, on my hols having a great time thanks.

Just back from Birmingham hope you're having a great holiday Surface :thumb:
"Wherever you are, I hope you're singing now"
Always a pleasure.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

1. If you like him
  2. If you dont like him
  5. If you like his music

Quite right - he doesn't care at all.
Well, until it affects him commercially, as it finally did last summer.
A tiny tour - sure the Manchester shows were big but the others were just little theatres which weren't even half sold out.
He'll never be able to do a decent size tour of the UK again unless he officially withdraws his support for right wing political parties and the sickening far-right poster boy that is Tommy Robinson, and possibly the biggest political wanker of all time that is Nigel Farage.
Can you pass that message on please, Sam? We, the fans, who've been loyally supporting him for decades have finally had enough.
Sorry.

When the f*** are you delusional foreigners in england going to wake up? Go home!! I reckon you boring thick c*** wackos just don't get it and you never will. Not only does Air Morrissey not care about you now. He never did. He doesn't want to tour "the uk" again!. He hates you people. It is even starting to affect him so much now that he was even in The Smiths that he has to call an album "California Son" and make sure people see him out publicly and take pics of him in his hometown Moz Angeles to justify going to Brittin with Chrissie Hynde in 1978 to try and join a punk 80's indie band that he is now mentally scarred forever from the experience of being around inbred hobbits stuffing their fat faces with cheeseburgers and KFC. He wasn't born in Mankchester. He was born in LA.

Last edited:
All you guys do is bitch about Morrissey, yet you're the ones who will be on the ticketing websites when tickets go on sale, and brag how you will be attending the gigs on Social Media.

All you guys do is bitch about Morrissey, yet you will buy anything that has his name or face on it, but feel its valuable to bitch and complain about him here on a website he's been more than vocal about how he hates (see attached photo).

All you guys do is bitch and complain about Morrissey, yet you wont say the shit you say here to his face, and you all just sit behind your computers, and trash the man who literally owes you f***ing nothing.

All you guys do it bitch about Morrissey, yet I am more than 100% sure you worship, and glorify the ground he walks on... This website is pathetic and so are the people here who sit on their asses and trash, critique, and hate on Morrissey...

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fc.morrissey-solo.com%2Fgallery%2Ffiles%2F1%2Ff***_msolo.jpg&hash=d1e8dbdf3ae20713f0f00e8ecfbec84c

I am hoping the inclusion of LP means he's upped his game.

Was thinking at first she would just be doing backing vocals, but do hope for a duet , one of Moz's favorites .....

Wonder if he asked Nancy? There's so many great Nancy & Lee songs, or ...

'Loneliness is nothin' new
I've lived with it my whole life through
So look out gloom
I'm makin' room for happy ...'

A Jobriath song would be great, we know he likes 'Morning Starship'
maybe... 'I'maman' to compliment his own 'I'm not a man'

DAVID TSENG NEEDS TO DO A BETTER f***ING JOB AT RIDDING THIS WEBSITE OF ALL THE VILE SCUM THAT HAS BECOME "MORRISSEY - SO(LOW)"

And anonymous posters!
AND VILE REGISTERED POSTERS WHO ARE ABUSIVE TO OTHERS ON THIS SITE AND WHO OBVIOUSLY HATE MORRISSEY.

Don't judge it too harshly without hearing it. I'm dubious too but we could be surprised. Maybe playing with other musicians will help Moz realise it's past time for a change of 'personnel'. I doubt it. Definitely one for Spotify before I commit to actually spending money on an album of cover versions.
Here's hoping for a new Cure album in 2019. Of new songs.
There will be a new Cure album in 2029, unless there's a delay...

All you guys do is bitch about Morrissey, yet you're the ones who will be on the ticketing websites when tickets go on sale, and brag how you will be attending the gigs on Social Media.

All you guys do is bitch about Morrissey, yet you will buy anything that has his name or face on it, but feel its valuable to bitch and complain about him here on a website he's been more than vocal about how he hates (see attached photo).

All you guys do is bitch and complain about Morrissey, yet you wont say the shit you say here to his face, and you all just sit behind your computers, and trash the man who literally owes you f***ing nothing.

All you guys do it bitch about Morrissey, yet I am more than 100% sure you worship, and glorify the ground he walks on... This website is pathetic and so are the people here who sit on their asses and trash, critique, and hate on Morrissey...

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.morrissey-solo.com/proxy.php?image=http%3A%2F%2Fc.morrissey-solo.com%2Fgallery%2Ffiles%2F1%2Ff***_msolo.jpg&hash=d1e8dbdf3ae20713f0f00e8ecfbec84c

Yep :thumb: you got it pal.
Here in the UK when people start talking shit we make our own minds up, you feel free to keep licking his ringpiece though:tiphat:

4K TOSSERREY :handpointup:

No matter how good or how bad Morrissey's situation in life is, whether its his music or his personal view, people shit on him on here and its f***ing disgusting. It's like he has to please every single one of you f***ing ignorant pieces of shit when he doesn't have to. If he stopped making music today and if he stopped touring i'd be super f***ing happy because he has given me the best life experiences at his gigs and has brought some of the most amazing people to me in my life.

Why cant people here appreciate what he has given us without putting him down or second guessing every little f***ing thing the man does in his life!!!??? DAVID TSENG NEEDS TO DO A BETTER f***ING JOB AT RIDDING THIS WEBSITE OF ALL THE VILE SCUM THAT HAS BECOME "MORRISSEY - SO(LOW)"

Why must people talk so much shit and be so f***ing critical of Morrissey? He doesnt owe us shit and everyone is so f***ing entitled on this website. For one I am super excited about California Son and his upcoming tour.

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!!

I suggest he sticks to being a pop star performer instead of dabbling in racist politics.

Morrissey only just released a new album about a year ago. Is the release of a covers album one year later really something to complain about, albeit before you've even heard one track? I'm not a huge fan of covers but I'm intrigued to hear this project that has come from left field. It may lead to a stronger relationship with Joe Chiccarelli and BMG which could secure more albums in the future. It's better than being in the wilderness without a contract. I know it goes against the grain to be optimistic as a Morrissey fan but there are very few negatives here.

I quite liked Floorboards and That’s Entertainment too.
Drive-In Saturday was ok too.

But most of the ones he recorded were b-sides and recorded as such. Now the ambitions must be a bit higher.

And judging from the live recording Chain Gang is going to be good to start with.
I really like Skin Storm too

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!!!!!
I would buy his head if it were for sale only because it has his face on it.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom