Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Via translate:
Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
João Paulo Martins
SAO PAUILO
Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
And Ricmais (same story):
https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Why would Morrissey be interested in Breitbart or Stormfront?

Stormfront is a far-right Nazi site and Breitbart is an obvious Jewish anti-Muslim propaganda site, therefore not that dissimilar.

What a lot of so-called ex-Morrissey fans should understand is that he comes from a working class background that is anti-establishment. He slagged off Thatcher in the 80s and continues to slag off the establishment to this day.

Some people can only see things as left or right. Outside of this they become confused. These types of people (most likely middle class and therefore blinkered) have never understood Moz. They think he was once left wing then suddenly veered to the right.

But it doesn't work like that. He is anti-establishment - it's the establishment that try to fool us by constantly changing their colours and values. And it's the middle class sheep who bleat along with the changes.

Whatever you think the reasoning behind his views are the phrases and terminology that he uses have originated from certain places and certain groups. He isn't a leader in his thinking, he's landed on certain pages and regurgitated views without questioning them.

I read your views and although I don't agree with many at least I know they're yours. I can't say the same of Morrissey.

My reasoning would be that he does belong on the right because he's picked a side to the letter rather than work things out for himself and if he got into a political debate he'd be on his arse within seconds. With him it really is as simple as left and right.

Why are so many people still here that now hate Moz?
I'd never visit a website dedicated to someone I hate. There must be this deep rooted pain in lefties that makes them cling onto Solo in some vain hope that the man himself will explain that everything was a mistake.
Imagine the time and effort and money these lefties invested in Moz and the records they still have in their collection.
My advice to people is to cut all ties if you feel the way you do and just move on. There is absolutely no need to visit Solo if you hate Moz, in fact by remaining here you are making the man you hate win.

It was a valid statement, Thewlis. You know, a vaguely racist caricature singing other people's songs.

Now give me another Troll rating and go do something constructive with your day. God knows I will be soon enough.

Whatever you think the reasoning behind his views are the phrases and terminology that he uses have originated from certain places and certain groups. He isn't a leader in his thinking, he's landed on certain pages and regurgitated views without questioning them.

I read your views and although I don't agree with many at least I know they're yours. I can't say the same of Morrissey.

My reasoning would be that he does belong on the right because he's picked a side to the letter rather than work things out for himself and if he got into a political debate he'd be on his arse within seconds. With him it really is as simple as left and right.
It’s about the music, stupid, not about politics.
How long are you going to repeat the same boring ‘arguments’. And for what?

Why are so many people still here that now hate Moz?
I'd never visit a website dedicated to someone I hate. There must be this deep rooted pain in lefties that makes them cling onto Solo in some vain hope that the man himself will explain that everything was a mistake.
Imagine the time and effort and money these lefties invested in Moz and the records they still have in their collection.
My advice to people is to cut all ties if you feel the way you do and just move on. There is absolutely no need to visit Solo if you hate Moz, in fact by remaining here you are making the man you hate win.
It’s called obsession ;)

Hmm, I think of him as a centrist. He seems to be socially conservative in that he's quite nostalgic and seems to resent change. He's definitely a traditionalist, and I think that (and animal rights) is what made him right leaning.
At the same time, he once said of the modern acceptance of sexual and gender fluidity: “It’s extraordinary. People seem to be very relaxed by it.” You'll never catch Milo saying something like that. Supporting these movements is a left- wing idea.

I do agree that he regurgitates what he hears and agrees, with but I don't think that's limited by left and right. However, he certainly isn't as much of a free thinker as he reckons himself.

Hmm, I think of him as a centrist. He seems to be socially conservative in that he's quite nostalgic and seems to resent change. He's definitely a traditionalist, and I think that (and animal rights) is what made him right leaning.
At the same time, he once said of the modern acceptance of sexual and gender fluidity: “It’s extraordinary. People seem to be very relaxed by it.” You'll never catch Milo saying something like that. Supporting these movements is a left- wing idea.

I do agree that he regurgitates what he hears and agrees, with but I don't think that's limited by left and right. However, he certainly isn't as much of a free thinker as he reckons himself.

In short he's a gay right winger.

in my eyes "morrissey day" is definitely more than just "any validation", so why shouldnt he express his gratitude and attachment for it? i can't see any political or ideological orientation in a title like "california son", so i doubt that your suggestions for future album titles like "breitbart brother" and "storm front sister" will be seriously taken into consideration. i hope you are not disappointed. ;)
The thing is jokes aside Morrissey discourse about conspiracy of MSM and supporting Styx666 and support of For Britain etc I feel is part of a larger picture of hate and blame which sees the extreme of Fanatics sending hoax bombs and going into synagogues killing folk and nutters in Sweden justifying killing of kids in a camp and so on. You can look at Morrissey as a fan in a music bubble by all means or other folk on here can respond to a bigger picture.

Where do I like anything racist? Proof?
Didn’t think so.

I would but with you being a sycophantic moron you don't think racism exists because Morrissey told you so.

I like getting bad ratings from you as it generally means I've made a good point. I'm assuming I'll get one for the above, thanks in advance.

The thing is jokes aside Morrissey discourse about conspiracy of MSM and supporting Styx666 and support of For Britain etc I feel is part of a larger picture of hate and blame which sees the extreme of Fanatics sending hoax bombs and going into synagogues killing folk and nutters in Sweden justifying killing of kids in a camp and so on. You can look at Morrissey as a fan in a music bubble by all means or other folk on here can respond to a bigger picture.
*Norway

We still wait for a swedish Breivik and chances are it will be me if the people of Solo get to vote on it.

I would but with you being a sycophantic moron you don't think racism exists because Morrissey told you so.

I like getting bad ratings from you as it generally means I've made a good point. I'm assuming I'll get one for the above, thanks in advance.
So you can’t, but just like to call people racist with no reason whatsoever? Very classy.

It’s called obsession ;)
Yes obsessions are the worst of course and letting go becomes even harder but I believe deep down it is about no being able to accept that you followed someone who wasn't the things you placed or mirrored in him.
Mankind has always had this thing with trying to be right which means they keep on bashing their head into a wall hoping it will come down. I think it is about personal pride and people spend entire lives trying to win that back when it has been lost.

Yes obsessions are the worst of course and letting go becomes even harder but I believe deep down it is about no being able to accept that you followed someone who wasn't the things you placed or mirrored in him.
Mankind has always had this thing with trying to be right which means they keep on bashing their head into a wall hoping it will come down. I think it is about personal pride and people spend entire lives trying to win that back when it has been lost.
Yes, it’s Mark Chapmanism really, at its lowest.

I think a great man such as David Tseng is the perfect example of how to handle a situation when an idol treats you unfair. David just get on with it and never once produced any evidence of hate towards Moz. Sometimes I think non-whites are better at accepting rough treatment and that they recognise that not everyone can like them.
White people have a tendency to move heaven and earth when they have been in the slightest way treated unfairly or rather feel that they have been treated unfairly. This is a weakness among white people who will make a fuss about anything that isn't the way they want it to be.
The Moz fans here, who all happen to be lefties, should take some inspiration from David and just get on with it without whingeing.

So you can’t, but just like to call people racist with no reason whatsoever? Very classy.

Just a couple of posts above by E Scott, nothing contentious there, just noting the path that your boy has taken. Voted redundant by you. I'm not going to go through the whole of Solo to find examples of you being a moron, which are everywhere, I've got real life to get on with.

Just a couple of posts above by E Scott, nothing contentious there, just noting the path that your boy has taken. Voted redundant by you. I'm not going to go through the whole of Solo to find examples of you being a moron, which are everywhere, I've got real life to get on with.
So is that racist? Wow, you got me there.
That post is a mad rambling which has nothing whatever to do with this topic so ‘redundant’ seems a logical rating. And verbal abuse gets a troll-rating. I don’t like bullying or calling names.
It really is that simple.

Enjoy your life, and please do come back here sharing your boring political views, as you obviously have no interest whatsoever in music.

Last edited:
Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom