Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Via translate:
Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
João Paulo Martins
SAO PAUILO
Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
And Ricmais (same story):
https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Yes, I know, but strange that this info hasn’t been revealed by them, which you would expect.

And in the article there is no mention of who releases it where.

BMG, last chance Morrissey, well nobody buys my stuff anymore, so I will release a covers album. Will I buy it, probably but I don’t think it will resurrect his career like he probably thinks it will.

It's called word play. The man is quite well-known for it. And on that basis I would say there's at least a reason to wonder.

You're right, but do you have any further thought on what the title might refer to at this point? His album titles haven't been random choices so far.

You're right, but do you have any further thought on what the title might refer to at this point? His album titles haven't been random choices so far.
What is LIHS about?

I'm gonna carry on loving my Morrissey. I was affected by The Smiths and I'm still excited by a new release. I got tempted to decry Morrissey because he's not behaving how I feel he should. Oh for god sake, f*** me. I'm still the biggest fan. The magic remains. And I've been to his house and I've talked to his mum and I have a postcard from Mike Joyce praising me for my demo tape. And I've spoken to Angie so I've probably been more of a fan than many people on this site.

Boring title and Californa Sun is second behind House of the rising sun when it comes to songs I hate the most.

BMG, last chance Morrissey, well nobody buys my stuff anymore, so I will release a covers album. Will I buy it, probably but I don’t think it will resurrect his career like he probably thinks it will.

I have personally never discovered an artist based on a covers album that he / she made. So I agree that this covers album won't attract many new fans.

But I also think BMG is certainly aware of that. The budget seems lower for this recording: studio in LA where a couple of band members live instead of a residential studio in a third country like Italy or France. So it doesn't have to be the end of his contract with BMG.

By the way, I am not aware of the BMG contract being for 2 CDs only and I think I have seen it discussed here before.

I'm gonna carry on loving my Morrissey. I was affected by The Smiths and I'm still excited by a new release. I got tempted to decry Morrissey because he's not behaving how I feel he should. Oh for god sake, f*** me. I'm still the biggest fan. The magic remains.
I’m with you on this. I’ve been a fan since I was 16 clumsy and shy. Right at the tail end of the Queen is Dead and right before Louder Than Bombs came out. I’m 47 now and although I wish he’d shut his mouth sometimes, his voice still moves me. The only album I didn’t love was Maladusted. I’ve seen him on every tour. I was super excited to hear that he’s going to tour Canada again seeing as I just moved to Toronto from San Diego 2 months ago. Coincidence? I think not. The universe is looking out for me.

I’m with you on this. I’ve been a fan since I was 16 clumsy and shy. Right at the tail end of the Queen is Dead and right before Louder Than Bombs came out. I’m 47 now and although I wish he’d shut his mouth sometimes, his voice still moves me. The only album I didn’t love was Maladusted. I’ve seen him on every tour. I was super excited to hear that he’s going to tour Canada again seeing as I just moved to Toronto from San Diego 2 months ago. Coincidence? I think not. The universe is looking out for me.
The voice has it, my friend. I was speaking to a chap earlier and he was feeling particularly dejected, and I played him half a person, and it was the voice and lyrics that enthralled him. It was like an instant recognition of something unique. I've often thought of Morrissey as writing traditional Irish folk ballads. There's an almost fairy tale dreaminess and comforting simplicity to his intonation... especially on Asleep!

:rock::guitar::microphone::D:cool:

Now wallowing in Wonderful Woman. His most affecting moment in my book. I can't understand what he's saying a lot of the time, but oh, the sheer forlonness of it all.

Now wallowing in Wonderful Woman. His most affecting moment in my book. I can't understand what he's saying a lot of the time, but oh, the sheer forlonness of it all.
Yeah, lovely and full of emotions.

"Quake and shake" should be on it as we wait for the big one when surfs up dude!

Animal-Kingdom-Gifs-animal-kingdom-tnt-40780249-480-264.gif

wallowing ? why ? It's a fun song, and I'm sure it'll be on the new record ...

"I'm starved of mirth,
Let's go and trip a dwarf"

- Chuck Berry

;)

I’m excited but I’ll be more so when I see a track listing. Im hoping for a more obscure track list. Not to obscure but as much as I love because the night I’ve heard it and it’s many covers many times. With songs I’m not as familiar with it’s easier to feel like original songs in a way as I’m not constantly subconiously comparing them to the original

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom