Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Via translate:
Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
João Paulo Martins
SAO PAUILO
Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
And Ricmais (same story):
https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I think that Moz is full of hateful bones - isn’t that what his career is based on? Revenge? I mean that’s where his deliciously wicked lyrics come from! That’s why he articulated things that others never dared to sing about, that’s what made him unique.

Not hateful but angered, not angry but being positive through the act of creation.

It’s the same for registered members who have to scroll through shit loads of anonymous troll posts to get to anything remotely interesting.
There doesn't seem to be any point In registering as a member as there doesn't seem to be any moderation on abusive posts or posters. It has been referenced in some previous posts that registered people's details were used in some way by this particular person which does not make membership an enticing proposition.
It has also been inferred that some registered members post as anonymous in order to be abusive in general and that some members post under different names in order to post abuse about Morrissey.
Just as registered members have to scroll through a lot of troll posts so does anybody who visits here hoping for a Morrissey fan site.

Ye reckon it's also a "clever play on words" how so many Brits and other assorted foreigners here like to call him "Mankchester's son" Get it? Air Morrissey always hated being called this. He doesn't need your foreigner money anymore. He doesn't need to spit out songs it took him 5 minutes to write like "America is not the World" and "Home is a ?" to get you to buy because he doesn't need your money anymore. He duped you for so many years, so how are you anti-American and anti LA wackos going to react when he becomes governor of California and runs for president? He was born in LA. Go home!! You have your options like Right Said Fred, Neds Atomic Dustbin, Joy Order, Big Country, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, the Brittish dude who sings "our house in the middle of the street."....etc

You have your options like Right Said Fred, Neds Atomic Dustbin, Joy Order, Big Country, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, the Brittish dude who sings "our house in the middle of the street."....etc

I thought Aerosmith came from Boston, and Bon Jovi from New Jersey, but it is hard to reason with crazy.

I think by ‘pop star’ you mean Artist. That’s how I read your post, and the people you listed above I would view as Artists not pop stars.
Well, yes, artists in pop music (I dislike the word rock), so pop artists or pop singers or pop stars, I don’t really mind the naming.
But you get what I mean :thumb:

I think that Moz is full of hateful bones - isn’t that what his career is based on? Revenge? I mean that’s where his deliciously wicked lyrics come from! That’s why he articulated things that others never dared to sing about, that’s what made him unique.
Creative revenge on the world or people you feel have wronged you in some way, and cold-blooded hatred are two different things.

Why are so many people upset about Moz doing a covers album? It’s not like he’s an up-and-comer who’s released one or two great albums and has everything to prove. He’s been around for 35 years+, releasing several classics and just as many masterpieces. He’s a known music fan and has always been doing the odd cover here and there. And at almost 60 years of age, after 36 years in the biz, and 15 studio albums of original material, he’s releasing an album of covers and some of you ungrateful nut jobs are losing the plot?

For f***’s sake. I wish someone would sneak in to your sheds or momma-basements at night and destroy your Moz shrines and your stereos. You don’t deserve neither Moz nor music.

Why are so many people upset about Moz doing a covers album? It’s not like he’s an up-and-comer who’s released one or two great albums and has everything to prove. He’s been around for 35 years+, releasing several classics and just as many masterpieces. He’s a known music fan and has always been doing the odd cover here and there. And at almost 60 years of age, after 36 years in the biz, and 15 studio albums of original material, he’s releasing an album of covers and some of you ungrateful nut jobs are losing the plot?

For f***’s sake. I wish someone would sneak in to your sheds or momma-basements at night and destroy your Moz shrines and your stereos. You don’t deserve neither Moz nor music.
I think part of the problem may be the type of artist who typically wheels out a covers album at this stage in their career. Hence there is a sinking feeling it could all be A Bit Rod Stewart. Personally, I'm keeping an open mind. I'm certainly interested to see what his choices are - I'm less enthusiastic about the arrangements, which have historically been a bit lazy where his covers are concerned. But the inclusion of LP is a good sign. Go on, Moz, surprise me.

To anyone who is disappointed about it being a covers album, remember even Bowie at his height did one.

Yeah, Bowie did one of just British artists and Mozzy is doing one of just American artists, I think to limit his choice of all those he would actually like to cover, good move.

My plan is to not read the track listing when it gets posted here or on the record and listen to the record from start to finish without knowing what song will come next, that I feel will be a much more exciting experience. Surprise after surprise.

Can’t wait !!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

I think you’ll barely notice it’s a cover album because they will be obscure tracks done in his own way. Like ‘human being’, his New York dolls cover.

Yeah, Bowie did one of just British artists and Mozzy is doing one of just American artists, I think to limit his choice of all those he would actually like to cover, good move.

My plan is to not read the track listing when it gets posted here or on the record and listen to the record from start to finish without knowing what song will come next, that I feel will be a much more exciting experience. Surprise after surprise.

Can’t wait !!!!

:rock::rock::rock::rock:
well even though Chrissie is american by birth the pretenders are British for sure. And I assume BOTCG is gonna be on the album, no?

He his finished in Europe due to his stupid out of touch comments and he is now struggling to sell tickets in the so called Moz Angeles. Mexico still seems to love him but he is that desperate to cling onto an audience he is now willing to play in Canada, what next, mainland China? His last album was a massive commercial flop and this latest offering is the last chance saloon. I hope it’s good and I hope I and others enjoy it but I have a feeling that it will be another failure on his part and that Morrissey Solo will soon become a site where everyone can reminisce about an artist who was absolutely fantastic in his early years and became an absolute arse in his latter years.

well even though Chrissie is american by birth the pretenders are British for sure. And I assume BOTCG is gonna be on the album, no?

She is an American artist.

I was hoping for a Joni Mitchell or Buffy Saint Marie song, and I do think of them as American artists but they are Canadian.

He his finished in Europe due to his stupid out of touch comments and he is now struggling to sell tickets in the so called Moz Angeles. Mexico still seems to love him but he is that desperate to cling onto an audience he is now willing to play in Canada, what next, mainland China? His last album was a massive commercial flop and this latest offering is the last chance saloon. I hope it’s good and I hope I and others enjoy it but I have a feeling that it will be another failure on his part and that Morrissey Solo will soon become a site where everyone can reminisce about an artist who was absolutely fantastic in his early years and became an absolute arse in his latter years.
Bull.

He’s struggling selling tickets because of greed, have you seen the cost of tickets?

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom