Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Oct 26, 2018.

By Famous when dead on Oct 26, 2018 at 6:56 PM
  1. Famous when dead

Famous when dead Vulgarian Moderator

Via translate:
    Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
    The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
    João Paulo Martins
    SAO PAUILO
    Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
    The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
    https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
    And Ricmais (same story):
    https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
    Regards,
    FWD.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 19
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Insightful Insightful x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Famous when dead, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Why begin calling him "Steve" after all these years?
      Following the herd(but always that little bit later than most) ?
      Oh, and I am interested in the poster's opinions.
      • Like Like x 5
    2. falconneil
      falconneil
      Indeed, I took that as being part of it too. California Sun was by The Rivieras originally i think. Mid 60s.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. The Wild Turkey
      The Wild Turkey
      Here's a bit 'o twist for ya.
      The Ramones covered Joe Jones!

• Like Like x 5
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Skinnybob, do you have to abuse everyone that likes Morrissey?
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Surface
      Surface
      Which gig are you going to?
    6. NealCassidy
      NealCassidy
      Morrissey on the cover or not? How about that Spanish shot...
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I don’t think it’s that, it’s just that certain people will never criticise Moz. It’s ridiculous, there’s no in between on here!
      The obsessive are a freakish breed for sure.... and I can’t stand Skinny btw.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      Moz Angeles.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Surface
      Surface
      Which one though, one of the small venues which has sold out or the larger one that hasn’t?
    10. Ugly Devil
      Ugly Devil
      Every Elvis album was a covers album.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      any chance of uncle skinny being banned from posting/commenting on this website?
      He’s just a vulgar troll now.
      • Like Like x 11
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    12. Surface
      Surface
      Looking forward to the UK version with 12 tracks written by Tommy Robinson and Anne Marie Waters.
      • Troll Troll x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    13. Jamie
      Jamie
      All indications are yes. Both Mando and Jesse have posted pictures from sessions on their social media. I'm sure Boz will be involved at some point, in some capacity to sprinkle his Musical Director dust on the final product.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. Surface
      Surface
      Why, he is entitled to his opinion as is everyone else on here
      Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    15. Ugly Devil
      Ugly Devil
      IMG_20181026_124835.jpg
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      May I ask. Where do you source all this information from? You are Morrissey
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    17. Thewlis
      Thewlis
      There’s only one in LA.
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      And here he is again. None otter that Mr Angty. God, you’ve got problems. Keep whacking that leg like a drum, empty head.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Surface
      Surface
      Are you going to the Microsoft then?
    20. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You really are a horrible piece of shit. You’d not say boo to a goose in public. You’re a bully. No need to attack someone for saying they like the title of an album. Do you not see the irony of even coming here? Oh, yea, you’re chasing nazis aren’t you? Silly me !
      • Like Like x 8