Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Via translate:
Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
João Paulo Martins
SAO PAUILO
Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
And Ricmais (same story):
https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Let's have a serious discussion for a change..what was the reason for the cancellation of the last European tour really? Ticket sales?

I saw a couple of his (4) sold out London shows this year. The ticket prices were exorbitant but the crowds turned up. As soon as I read that he was playing that arena in Berlin I knew he'd never fill that. It was a Fleetwood Mac size venue and to schedule the gig on the day of the World Cup final was also stupid. Two shows in Manchester..wouldn't one have been enough. I really think the ticket prices are ludicrous, considering there's no expensive dancers, light shows, support etc. I've always questioned this 'special' relationship between M and his fans..it seems ridiculously one-sided to say the least. Any thoughts?

It always was one-way. We were always desperate to see him, and we'd pay whatever he charged and turn up whenever he toured regardless of how long it had been since the previous concert. But that's all changed now. For the first time in his career, he announced a tour and the fan-base collectively said, 'err, actually, not sure we wanna see you anymore, Morrissey, or at least for the time being'. One story on the front page of the BBC news website and the daily papers about him supporting right wing politicians 'For Britain', Johnny Robinson etc, would have had a fair impact but could be dismissed by most. Unfortunately it happened another two times, so three in total. Morrissey was revealed to be a liar (Der Spiegel), to officially endorse a right-wing political group
(For Britain - they're manifesto is clearly right wing, whether it's far right is up for debate), and to express sympathy for an extremely sinister far-right poster boy (Johnny Robinson). A boycott spearheaded by Love Music Hate Racism was one of those three front-page news stories. many of us have now had enough. If he bothers to educate himself a little politically, I actually feel he would revoke his support for For Britain, but he's too lazy and arrogant to do that.
His career is clearly not over. If he disappears for 3 years, a lot of people will forget the bad recent stuff and remember him as an indie icon, and happily go to the concerts. But at this current moment, I'd say his UK fanbase has halved and will continue to shrink with every further comment supporting Farage, For Britain or Robinson. He's made his bed, and now he's having to lie in it. And yes, those concert ticket prices are just greed, pure and simple.
M

By the way, I've been thinking about the "I have black friends" defense of racism and I now believe that it's a valid consideration. The problem of racism is that one associates an entire race of people with negative traits. If someone is making exceptions, they recognize that "not all black people are *blank*". The whole point of racism is that there are no exceptions: that every member of the race is something. Therefore, their "racism" isn't really racism but something else. (Discrimination based on class, perhaps.) Stereotyping is a human instinct. Everyone does it naturally, but the corrective thought that follows it is what really matters.
If someone were to meet and get on with every black person in the world seeing them as individuals, in what way could that person ever be racist?

My thoughts aren't fully developed on the subject, so if someone wants to dissent, please do. An opposing opinion will help me decide whether or not mine is shit.

It always was one-way. We were always desperate to see him, and we'd pay whatever he charged and turn up whenever he toured regardless of how long it had been since the previous concert. But that's all changed now. For the first time in his career, he announced a tour and the fan-base collectively said, 'err, actually, not sure we wanna see you anymore, Morrissey, or at least for the time being'. One story on the front page of the BBC news website and the daily papers about him supporting right wing politicians 'For Britain', Johnny Robinson etc, would have had a fair impact but could be dismissed by most. Unfortunately it happened another two times, so three in total. Morrissey was revealed to be a liar (Der Spiegel), to officially endorse a right-wing political group
(For Britain - they're manifesto is clearly right wing, whether it's far right is up for debate), and to express sympathy for an extremely sinister far-right poster boy (Johnny Robinson). A boycott spearheaded by Love Music Hate Racism was one of those three front-page news stories. many of us have now had enough. If he bothers to educate himself a little politically, I actually feel he would revoke his support for For Britain, but he's too lazy and arrogant to do that.
His career is clearly not over. If he disappears for 3 years, a lot of people will forget the bad recent stuff and remember him as an indie icon, and happily go to the concerts. But at this current moment, I'd say his UK fanbase has halved and will continue to shrink with every further comment supporting Farage, For Britain or Robinson. He's made his bed, and now he's having to lie in it. And yes, those concert ticket prices are just greed, pure and simple.
M

I agree with most of what you say. Some of the comments from the Der Spiegel to the Britain First crap made an impact. That said, I seen all dates in Feb and Mar and had tickets for all July ones (Sweden aside) and was looking forward to it. If he disappears for 3 years, he’s galloping towards mid 60’s then, so not sure what that would hold.
Off to see him in Nov and Dec and suspect that could be the end. Who knows.

Let's have a serious discussion for a change..what was the reason for the cancellation of the last European tour really? Ticket sales?

I saw a couple of his (4) sold out London shows this year. The ticket prices were exorbitant but the crowds turned up. As soon as I read that he was playing that arena in Berlin I knew he'd never fill that. It was a Fleetwood Mac size venue and to schedule the gig on the day of the World Cup final was also stupid. Two shows in Manchester..wouldn't one have been enough. I really think the ticket prices are ludicrous, considering there's no expensive dancers, light shows, support etc. I've always questioned this 'special' relationship between M and his fans..it seems ridiculously one-sided to say the least. Any thoughts?
its not just M,all artists are skyrocketing their prices these days,even people who never toured, like jeff lynnes elo they must have been in Glasgow about four or five times in the last few years.i always say how much money do people need.

its not just M,all artists are skyrocketing their prices these days,even people who never toured, like jeff lynnes elo they must have been in Glasgow about four or five times in the last few years.i always say how much money do people need.

Not really true I'm afraid. Look at any given venue that Steve is playing, check the other acts playing the same venue around the same time, and he's usually charging more than anyone else.
I'd never pay more than £50 to see him. He's just not worth it.

M
I don't decide I dislike Morrissey because the BBC tell me not to like him, and I just don't listen to under achieving DJs looking for some publicity. Oh and its Tommy not Johnny, or was that you being very clever in a very Morrissey sort of way, if so 10/10

The Ramones’ California Sun could also be on there, as a semi-title track.

Bore off The-wlis or say something original for once. Why would he want to do Ramones covers again?? Say something original go on I dare you huh

No matter how good or how bad Morrissey's situation in life is, whether its his music or his personal view, people shit on him on here and its f***ing disgusting. It's like he has to please every single one of you f***ing ignorant pieces of shit when he doesn't have to. If he stopped making music today and if he stopped touring i'd be super f***ing happy because he has given me the best life experiences at his gigs and has brought some of the most amazing people to me in my life.

Why cant people here appreciate what he has given us without putting him down or second guessing every little f***ing thing the man does in his life!!!??? DAVID TSENG NEEDS TO DO A BETTER f***ING JOB AT RIDDING THIS WEBSITE OF ALL THE VILE SCUM THAT HAS BECOME "MORRISSEY - SO(LOW)"

Why must people talk so much shit and be so f***ing critical of Morrissey? He doesnt owe us shit and everyone is so f***ing entitled on this website. For one I am super excited about California Son and his upcoming tour.

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!!

I ye reckon me hope it's not the same old go to classic Uncle Steve album cover/backdrop of the old lady president of england with a black eye and her hair messed up or an ax going through the Brittish flag mate inn n nn n n nnn n it. Reckon it would be TOP ACE if the cover was Air Morrissey wearing his LA Clipper t shirt dunking on Flea and Lebron James or an action shot of Uncle Steve on his surf board shredding through a narly wave off Redondo Beach or the band all holding a long board like the Beach Boys cover. I reckon though it's going to be something lil' Sammy thinks of, so it will involve skateboarding.

Last edited:
Not really true I'm afraid. Look at any given venue that Steve is playing, check the other acts playing the same venue around the same time, and he's usually charging more than anyone else.
I'd never pay more than £50 to see him. He's just not worth it.
are these other artists as big as M have they had the thirty odd years of touring,if you going to say not really true then tell us the names of the other artists you mentioned.

are these other artists as big as M have they had the thirty odd years of touring,if you going to say not really true then tell us the names of the other artists you mentioned.

I think they are shit but Foreigner and Barry Manilow may be bigger than Morrissey

Last edited:
thought you were on holiday,what are you doing on here.

I’m sitting through a really shit performance of the lion king in the hotel theatre, so thought I would catch up on what’s going happening on the various music forums I’m a member of.

No matter how good or how bad Morrissey's situation in life is, whether its his music or his personal view, people shit on him on here and its f***ing disgusting. It's like he has to please every single one of you f***ing ignorant pieces of shit when he doesn't have to. If he stopped making music today and if he stopped touring i'd be super f***ing happy because he has given me the best life experiences at his gigs and has brought some of the most amazing people to me in my life.

Why cant people here appreciate what he has given us without putting him down or second guessing every little f***ing thing the man does in his life!!!??? DAVID TSENG NEEDS TO DO A BETTER f***ING JOB AT RIDDING THIS WEBSITE OF ALL THE VILE SCUM THAT HAS BECOME "MORRISSEY - SO(LOW)"

Why must people talk so much shit and be so f***ing critical of Morrissey? He doesnt owe us shit and everyone is so f***ing entitled on this website. For one I am super excited about California Son and his upcoming tour.

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!!

Up to a point, Lord Copper, but he sought fame and its trappings. He wasn’t forced.

He produced a product for which many of us here were happy to engage with him in a transaction to own. I don’t what he’s worth now, but I do know I wouldn’t mind being a quid behind him.

I’m still not thrilled by the idea of a covers album. I don’t think he does them particularly well. With the exception of Interlude they’ve been a bit perfunctory. Oooh. Word of the day. Get in.

I quite liked Floorboards and That’s Entertainment too.
Drive-In Saturday was ok too.

But most of the ones he recorded were b-sides and recorded as such. Now the ambitions must be a bit higher.

And judging from the live recording Chain Gang is going to be good to start with.

VIVA MORRISSEY!!!!!!!

DAVID TSENG NEEDS TO DO A BETTER f***ING JOB AT RIDDING THIS WEBSITE OF ALL THE VILE SCUM THAT HAS BECOME "MORRISSEY - SO(LOW)"

And anonymous posters!

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom