Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just by the way: Cologne will be the first Morrissey concert in Germany that I won't visit since the late 90s. The temptation is great, the mood among the majority of the fans (here on solow) is almost exuberant, but I have decided that this once festive event no longer gives me the attraction it used to. As I said, no matter in the overall context, and I will always love the work Morrissey did until about 2004, but his bigoted behaviour and the desire to be cleaned up for his presumptuous remarks, as well as the abandonment of his current work (especially the dull new lead single), made me do so. I will not stand there hoping for "Do your best and don't worry" and receiving "Istanbul" instead. Won't I?

Last edited:
Just by the way: Cologne will be the first Morrissey concert in Germany that I won't visit since the late 90s. The temptation is great, the mood among the majority of the fans (here on solow) is almost exuberant, but I have decided that this once festive event no longer gives me the attraction it used to. As I said, no matter in the overall context, and I will always love the work Morrissey did until about 2004, but his bigoted behaviour and the desire to be cleaned up for his presumptuous remarks, as well as the abandonment of his current work (especially the dull new lead single), made me do so.

P&O, get a grip and stop being so sanctimonious & moralistic - you'll regret it biggly.
Go get yourself & Mrs. P&O a couple of tickets. You know you want to...really.

Just got my tickets for Cologne in the mail. Can’t wait! My third Moz-gig in Cologne after two E-Werks.

Will there be an afterparty? Or pre-show meet up for the German fans?

P&O, get a grip and stop being so sanctimonious & moralistic - you'll regret it biggly.
Go get yourself & Mrs. P&O a couple of tickets. You know you want to...really.
Me ma has to work in the factory, so I would be "Frank & Open" on that particular monday.

As far as I can see (not speaking French and having to rely on Google translate), those 128 euro tickets are for seats in the lower main seating area. Standing tickets in front of the stage (eg the orchestra area) are 78.50 euro.

Too expensive compared to the others gigs.Apart from the new songs, it will be the usual old boring ones.
I'm abroad at that time but I think I wouldn't have gone anyway.. Maybe later on ( and cheaper) in France

Just got my tickets for Cologne in the mail. Can’t wait! My third Moz-gig in Cologne after two E-Werks.

Will there be an afterparty? Or pre-show meet up for the German fans?

What about is northern monkeys from uk?

Me ma has to work in the factory, so I would be "Frank & Open" on that particular monday.

Don't gimme life stories about your ma working in the factory...

Deep conversations
They get me nowhere
They just bring me down, so
Give it a rest, won't you?
Now will you just give over?

Just go buy a ticket FFS, P&O, or live a life of regret. Just sayin' :cool:

I'm assuming/hoping this is genuine & not a photoshop mockup...if genuine, just love the fact that his home town (Manchester) is supporting him in this...even though he's not playing there...at least they've not bottled it like Merseyrail.

Well done Manchester Victoria Station...let's get more more show sightings posted on here, please!!!

Superb post!!

Gigs & Tours brief tour promo video:

Confirmation of all pre-sale tickets selling out via Gigs & Tours website:

fhf.png

Regards,
FWD.

Just by the way: Cologne will be the first Morrissey concert in Germany that I won't visit since the late 90s. The temptation is great, the mood among the majority of the fans (here on solow) is almost exuberant, but I have decided that this once festive event no longer gives me the attraction it used to. As I said, no matter in the overall context, and I will always love the work Morrissey did until about 2004, but his bigoted behaviour and the desire to be cleaned up for his presumptuous remarks, as well as the abandonment of his current work (especially the dull new lead single), made me do so. I will not stand there hoping for "Do your best and don't worry" and receiving "Istanbul" instead. Won't I?

If the temptation is great, give into it.

The climate of opinion changes. It usually turns out everyone overreacted. It's only showbiz. But stars die & they don't come back (unless you count those horrific 'hologram' concepts. Which I don't).

If the temptation is great, give into it.
The climate of opinion changes. It usually turns out everyone overreacted. It's only showbiz. But stars die & they don't come back (unless you count those horrific 'hologram' concepts. Which I don't).
Cologne will be sold out immediatley. With or without me. Further european dates will surely follow. I wish him only the best. Really.
Don't gimme life stories about your ma working in the factory...
Deep conversations
They get me nowhere
They just bring me down, so
Give it a rest, won't you?
Now will you just give over?

Just go buy a ticket FFS, P&O, or live a life of regret. Just sayin' :cool:
"Now I am a was.
I started at the top
and I worked my way down."

Cologne will be sold out immediatley. With or without me. Further european dates will surely follow. I wish him only the best. Really.

"Now I am a was.
I started at the top
and I worked my way down."

The force is still strong with this one...

Too expensive compared to the others gigs.Apart from the new songs, it will be the usual old boring ones.
I'm abroad at that time but I think I wouldn't have gone anyway.. Maybe later on ( and cheaper) in France

Seats in Paris are 68 euros, 96 and 128 both in the orchestra and in the balconies but depending on the area. Standing in front is 78. It is more expensive but it is also a much smaller venue and there are no shipping costs for the tickets as you can choose an e-ticket.

Just a head's up - if you are buying from outside of Germany and want to avoid an insane shipping fee for Cologne, then buy direct from the venue rather than Ticketmaster. Just saved myself 25 euros. :thumb:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom