Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS the movie is finished, the trailer is OUT and on the internet and
NO Le Pew:frogface: music can be located anywhere.

He already sold his soul to Nike so whats selling his soul again
this time to Hollywood for the dweeb would be normal like getting a new wig.:smiley:

FFS the movie is finished, the trailer is OUT and on the internet and
NO Le Pew:frogface: music can be located anywhere.

He already sold his soul to Nike so whats selling his soul again
this time to Hollywood for the dweeb would be normal like getting a new wig.:smiley:

What are you talking about? Morrissey's not wearing a wig - is he? Why would he pick THAT ONE??

Wow same crap about ticket sales lets see im sure extra dates round the uk will be added, cant wait to shut up a a lot of critics

I'm 100% sure the intention will be to add some further UK/Europe dates - it doesn't make a whole lot of financial sense to haul the band, equipment, lighting rig etc around for such a small run. But after such toxic press recently it's understandable they'd want to see if the demand is still there first before booking a larger tour. It's going to be very interesting to see whether or not those UK dates sell out or not.

Just bought myself a ticket for the Wembley show (as much as I hate Wembley Arena). Very excited! A little context: the first ever concert I went to was The Smiths at the Albert Hall. I went to the final Smiths show, the first Morrissey show but have only seen him about 10 times since then - the last time over 10 years ago! I'm a fan, not a fanatic. And as much as some of what he's said recently saddens me, that pales into insignificance compared to what his songs have meant to me since I was 14. Don't know why but these shows feel like they might be some of his last in the UK, so: I need to be there. I hope everyone who goes to these shows has a wonderful time...

Standing Tickets for London were £62,45 for those wondering.

Just went to buy a ticket for Cologne, and there is no e-ticket or 'collect at booking office' option, with the bastards trying to charge me 35 euros for delivery. Ticketmaster can go f*** themselves - I'll stay at home thanks.

Just went to buy a ticket for Cologne, and there is no e-ticket or 'collect at booking office' option, with the bastards trying to charge me 35 euros for delivery. Ticketmaster can go f*** themselves - I'll stay at home thanks.

Yeah, that bothered me too. They didn't offer e-tickets for the UK dates either but at least the shipping cost to Europe is acceptable.

No Germany option??

I just bought two standing tickets for Leeds for £102! Not bad at all. So happy!! Cant wait :)

Please not the pre-sale date for the Paris gig has changed - according to Ticketmaster, it is now Thurs 23rd Jan at 10:00am.

How are ppl getting tickets? I've checked & still says not on sale until 24th?? :eek:

For the UK shows (not sure about the other two) you need a pre-sale code, which I got by pre-ordering the album. (Not sure if you have to buy something to get the code, though!)

How are ppl getting tickets? I've checked & still says not on sale until 24th?? :eek:
For both the UK and Europe shows: You can either pre-order the album in one of the formats or just sign up for the mailing list and you can get a code that way...no purchase needed!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom