Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you've got to expect to be paying c.£100; money well spent I think for the experience & the memories you'll have forever. What price can you put on that?

Just some rough calcs on Leeds: capacity is c.13500, if we say each ticket was £100, & he sold say 12000, revenue in the region of £1.2m. I know costs would need to come out of it, but not bad for a night's work.

SSE London is similar, slightly less capacity 12500, so potentially c.£2m over 2 concerts.

£££££ kerching.

Arena shows have gone stratospheric in their costs but £100 to see Morrissey is taking the piss. Whats the show going to feature for that price, dancing blacked-up midgets in cages?

I'm sure 2018 arena tickets were in the region of £50 to £60 - which was bad enough imho.. These UK gigs will not sell out at such expensive ticket prices

Where are ticket prices quoted?

Arena shows have gone stratospheric in their costs but £100 to see Morrissey is taking the piss. Whats the show going to feature for that price, dancing blacked-up midgets in cages?

I'm sure 2018 arena tickets were in the region of £50 to £60 - which was bad enough imho.. These UK gigs will not sell out at such expensive ticket prices

No, I'm not saying these ARE the prices; I'm just saying that I would expect to pay around this figure; I wouldn't baulk if the price was £100, personally.
As far as I'm aware (not really looked) prices haven't been released yet but they need to get their finger out as they're on sale around the 24th I think.

Someone quoted above you £95 for Leeds standing. I wouldn't be surprised either... Simple Minds, Crowded House and Pet Shop Boys all charging similar for arena gigs. At least Nick Cave and Paul Heaton are keeping their arena gigs relatively affordable

Someone quoted above you £95 for Leeds standing. I wouldn't be surprised either... Simple Minds, Crowded House and Pet Shop Boys all charging similar for arena gigs. At least Nick Cave and Paul Heaton are keeping their arena gigs relatively affordable

Yes I think it's all pretty much guess work at the moment on prices; am sure we'll find out some time next week.

Edit: All 'tbc' at the moment: https://www.stereoboard.com/morrissey-tickets/leeds

Last edited by a moderator:
anybody moaning about the price,just seems normal for these arenas,bryan ferry in Glasgow hydro is £93,sisters are going to see simly red in a smaller venue £60.
Bryan Ferry is a superior first rate artist.
Morrissey puts on a childish circus act, stupid t shirts, stupid comments, naff band.

Morrissey puts on a childish circus act, stupid t shirts, stupid comments, naff band.

Ferry was, not now, I remember seeing him with Roxy Music some years ago - undisputed king of cool.

Don't agree with your Moz comment at all, so I'll ignore that shit.

Good for you! :thumb: seriously.

And you won’t be listening to his next record ? and I guess you’ll stop coming to this site also? I mean, that would be the next logical move.

Hope the others that dislike Moz that come here follow your good example. It’s really the sanest thing to do.

I don't dislike his music : I just stopped enjoying the shows. The last one I really liked was Nottingham in 2006. I went to a few of the Camden shows in 2008, Hyde Park in 2008, the London ones in 2009, and Hop Farm in 2011, and I enjoyed each one less and less to the point where I didn't like the band live or the setlist choices, so I stopped going. I still enjoy the records.

Yes, "we"...that's more than one, & suggests "multiple"...you clear yet, skinny?
We see you wherever you go no matter what mask you wear. Busted.

I'm not Skinny, and never will be no matter how many times you tell me. I only have one login for this site. And if you're *That* smart you'll run the IP Addresses and know where I am, and that I ain't Skinny. Unless he lives next door to me. (Seems unlikely, to be honest)

I'm not Skinny, and never will be no matter how many times you tell me. I only have one login for this site. And if you're *That* smart you'll run the IP Addresses and know where I am, and that I ain't Skinny. Unless he lives next door to me. (Seems unlikely, to be honest)
My comments are often attributed to Skinny. Probably some Morrissey paid sycophant does it to deflect from the reality that many people now have critical views on Morrissey.

Yes but does Bryan have a superior range of cheap and nasty tat merch to fleece his punters?
Does Bryan sign other artists albums and sell them on the merch stall for loads of £££££?
Does Bryan have tatty pop up shops days prior to performances?
I doubt it.
I bet he doesn’t have even have a “List” of nutters congregating for days either.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Mainly jokes about Moz being a far right Tory (!) racist on Twitter at the moment, not a huge amount of serious denunciation.

So that's an improvement.

They don't really care when it's a punchline.

Well most of UK are racists these days, as per the election result.

Well most of UK are racists these days, as per the election result.

Apparently so.

That's why it's so hard to judge right now. Twitter tribes are loud & nasty, but how much real world impact do they have if you ignore them??? We don't know yet!!

Who can afford 95 pounds in January to stand through the same repetitive set list see the same backdrops, the whole thing will be on YouTube in hours. You may as well buy some nice food some nice tipple and keep cosy and watch it on the net. Chances are he will cancel or walk offstage and f*** off back to hid American sunshine.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom