Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd check in on Labour & they're all screeching at Paul Mason that he's an anti-Catholic sectarian bigot.

It's like we're a sitcom...

By the time Moz plays Leeds & London there won't be anyone who hasn't been called a bigot left in the UK.

We know Skinny, switch the channel you are boring the members.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I haven't seen him since 2011 and have no plans on changing that.

Good for you! :thumb: seriously.

And you won’t be listening to his next record ? and I guess you’ll stop coming to this site also? I mean, that would be the next logical move.

Hope the others that dislike Moz that come here follow your good example. It’s really the sanest thing to do.

Guess the plan is to only announce 2 UK concerts at the moment to see how the sales reaction is
Cant stand arena shows so will give these a miss, plus I dont fancy standing in the same room as a lot of Morrissey's new fanbase. Particularly those ones running the Tommy Robinson merchandise stall
There will be no TR rabble going, I don't think they like his music all of a sudden because of what he's said.

GET IN LADS!!!!!!! RESULT

Just hope he improves the Setlists, hope he brings back 'The Operation' or at least 1 Southpaw classic.

Hairdresser on Fire would be nice since he hasn't played it in the UK recently due to all the snowflakes getting the last shows shut down.

Lets hope these go ahead in the UK!

Yes!! Southpaw! The operation would be so fun.

Good for you! :thumb: seriously.

And you won’t be listening to his next record ? and I guess you’ll stop coming to this site also? I mean, that would be the next logical move.

Hope the others that dislike Moz that come here follow your good example. It’s really the sanest thing to do.
Why? This site is an absolute scream. You nutters are pure gold. Gold, I tell ya!!! Lol!

He loves himself in his glitter outfit and pouting mouth. A mouth that has said some dreadful things.
Morrissey is not such a wonderful chap anymore, no matter how glittery he dresses his tarnished image.

Life / reality is full of 'some dreadful things'. We don't live in a nice pc world where if we all just hold hands and wish really hard, all the badness will go away.

LO SABIAA BIEN POR MOZ REGRESANDO A SU PAIS Y SEGURO TAMBIEN VA A IR A SU MANCHESTER NATAL ANDAA MOZ TE QUIERENN!!!! QUE ENVIDIAAAA Y YO A TANTOS AÑOS LUZZ !!!! NO TENGO PLATA !!!!!! QUE SUERTEEE PARA LOS QUE VAN A IR Y YO A TANTOS AÑOS LUZ SIN PODER VER A MI PREFERIDO ENTRE PREFERIDOSSS!!!!¡ TAL VEZ ALGUN DIA PUEDA VERLOOO ESTOY TAN CERCA DE MOZ Y A LA VEZ TAN LEJOS!!!! ESTOY CONTENTA POR USTEDES Y TRISTE POR MI!!!!! PORFAVOR MOZZ VENI A BUENOS AIRESS!!!! TE DESEO LO MEJOR DEL UNIVERSO,Y PENSARR QUE ESE APESTOSO SKINNY VA A IR, NO PUEDE SER ES IN JUSS TOOO!!!!!! VIVA MORRISSEY !!!!!!!! MOZ TE ADMIRO MAL!!!!!!

SKINNY LA REPUTA QUE TE PARIO ABORTO DE MONA PUTA !!!! QUE CARAJO VAS A DECIR!!! SEGURO VAS A SER UNO DE LOS PRIMEROS EN TENER UNA ENTRADAA TE ODIO POR ESO A LOS QUE VAYAN PORFAVOR SAQUENLE FOTOS A EL Y A LOS SUYOS.... Y ESCRACHENLO BIEN ESCRACHADO!!!!!! ESA ENTRADA DEBERIA SER PARA MI NO PARA ESAS LACRASSS!!!!!!!ESTOY RECALIENTE POR VIVIR TAN LEJOSSS YA VEN NO TENGO ENCANTOOO!!!!

ESTOY TRISTE TRISTE TRISTE POR MI, Y FELIZ FELIZ FELIZ PORQUE MOZ SE VA A SENTIR MUY BIEN EN SU INGLATERRA AMADA,MUCHO ALIVIO PARA EL!!!! DEMUESTRENLE MUCHO AMOR EL SE LO MERECE Y LO NECESITA TIENEN EL PRIVILEGIO DE TENER VIVO A UN SUPER TALENTOSO ARTISTA COMO MORRISSEY, VIVANLO QUE PUEDEN Y YO ?BUENOO ASI ES LA VIDA!!!!!

Give over Gordy
He looks like Susan Boyle with his grey mad hair do. And that hideous green costume looks like something from Thunderbirds.
The fuse box has definitely tripped, it’s such a shame that the people around him don’t have the balls to reset it.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Benjamin you get back to flogging your sausages,this is a site for adults.

anybody moaning about the price,just seems normal for these arenas,bryan ferry in Glasgow hydro is £93,sisters are going to see simly red in a smaller venue £60.

anybody moaning about the price,just seems normal for these arenas,bryan ferry in Glasgow hydro is £93,sisters are going to see simly red in a smaller venue £60.

I think you've got to expect to be paying c.£100; money well spent I think for the experience & the memories you'll have forever. What price can you put on that?

Just some rough calcs on Leeds: capacity is c.13500, if we say each ticket was £100, & he sold say 12000, revenue in the region of £1.2m. I know costs would need to come out of it, but not bad for a night's work.

SSE London is similar, slightly less capacity 12500, so potentially c.£2m over 2 concerts.

£££££ kerching.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you make sure not to miss Amsterdam if it’s going to be on the list ;)

Hi Johan, nice to see you're still lurking here. ;) I would have been tempted by Cologne back in the (not-so) old days as it's a great city but I can't justify travelling to see Morrissey to myself, my cat, my partner or seemingly my bank manager.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom