Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
f*** off you dreary little man, skinny - so if he announces he's now pro-Labour you'll want to go?
Nobody apart from a loon would choose labour...didn't you see the last GE?
FFS you are the thickest piece of shit going.
Please Mr Skinny - just do the right thing. f*** right off.
No because labour are racist

Guess the plan is to only announce 2 UK concerts at the moment to see how the sales reaction is
Cant stand arena shows so will give these a miss, plus I dont fancy standing in the same room as a lot of Morrissey's new fanbase. Particularly those ones running the Tommy Robinson merchandise stall
I'm sure you will be missed.

I'm sure you will be missed.

they have no money to go in the first place.:straightface:

instead bluebirds, surface, beenie the bitch and all the other skinny pseuds cant take an
imaginary trip to Mecca :lbf: in their private non existing jet.:rofl:

the guardian has no money to buy paper to print their stupid screed.:lbf:

Cant stand arena shows so will give these a miss, plus I dont fancy standing in the same room as a lot of Morrissey's new fanbase. Particularly those ones running the Tommy Robinson merchandise stall

Why bother? Just don’t go.

The people who come on here to hate on him, then they consider going to his show

= :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

We can be sure that Morrissey wouldn’t want people like this at his show, don’t worry, he doesn’t need the money that badly.

:cool:

The only major left-wing party is engulfed in a racism row & got decimated in the election. He supports Scottish Independence, he said he didn't vote for UKIP or Brexit & he endorsed Anne Marie Waters under the impression that she would unite left & right (which is balls, but at least it wasn't a horrible reason).

Punishing someone so at odds with nearly everything, seems harsh.

But it does seem to be a thing.

A good post - I wrote the one you replied to and I'm not Phil Skinny - I want Morrissey to sort himself out, and I know he's not a right wing extremist. But, unfortunately, he has naively and unequivocally endorsed a right wing party as well as expressed sympathy for Robinson and support for Farage. All these things are just horrible, and explain why the fan-base has deserted him in droves. He needs a close friend to explain all this, and he needs to issue a statement explaining his foolishness. Otherwise, the downward spiral continues. We'll see how the ticket sales pan out. Despite everything, I am optimistic for the new album. Could well be his best since the 90s.

It's the least risky live option for Steve.
Huge shows are much harder to disrupt than theatre-size venues.
Over the post Quarry years, his live audience in London has been around 25,000 people.
Wembley holds 12,500 so even if he's lost half the fan-base, it should still be pretty full.
Personally, I won't be going, though, until/unless he retracts his official support for a right-wing political party (whether For Britain/First Britain/Conservatives/UKIP etc.). Unfortunately, I suspect there are many others out there who feel similarly.
Please Mr Morrissey - just do the decent thing. These are precious times.

LMAO...plus just reading that, courtesy of The Guardian, counter terrorism policing are issuing anti-extremism briefing documents (to medics & teachers) which identify & place Peta, Greenpeace alongside Combat 18 and the National Front, as well as National Action. Oh & also Extinction Rebellion.

Greenpeace – whose supporters include Dame Judi Dench, Stephen Fry, Gillian Anderson and Joanna Lumley – and the ocean pollution campaigners Sea Shepherd, whose supporters include Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. Also included is Stop the Badger Cull, which is backed by Sir Brian May, the Queen guitarist.

So all these potentially in line for the wrath of skinny. Christ, he's going to be busier than ever; he'll shortly need a new f***ing keyboard!! :rolleyes:

Well, we're all f***ed through 'isms' & 'ists' then aren't we (I'm sure Moz alluded as such in You Know I Couldn't Last)?

Who's actually left that we can safely put our hand up to support without fear of retribution? Liberals/Green party? Certainly not Labour.

Crazy world we live in, rapidly becoming a feeding trough for idiots & loons. f*** 'em.

The people who come on here to hate on him, then they consider going to his show

We can be sure that Morrissey wouldn’t want people like this at his show, don’t worry, he doesn’t need the money that badly.

I've seen Morrissey nearly 40 times in concert, so of course I'd f***ing consider going. Some habits are hard to break. Fortunately this isn't one of them

A good post - I wrote the one you replied to and I'm not Phil Skinny - I want Morrissey to sort himself out, and I know he's not a right wing extremist. But, unfortunately, he has naively and unequivocally endorsed a right wing party as well as expressed sympathy for Robinson and support for Farage. All these things are just horrible, and explain why the fan-base has deserted him in droves. He needs a close friend to explain all this, and he needs to issue a statement explaining his foolishness. Otherwise, the downward spiral continues. We'll see how the ticket sales pan out. Despite everything, I am optimistic for the new album. Could well be his best since the 90s.

Of course you are Skinny, Skinny. Denial cant contradict the obvious.
A mile away we know its you, Skinny.

Skinny Moz does not need and Dole munchers.

LMAO...plus just reading that, courtesy of The Guardian, counter terrorism policing are issuing anti-extremism briefing documents (to medics & teachers) which identify & place Peta, Greenpeace alongside Combat 18 and the National Front, as well as National Action.

Greenpeace – whose supporters include Dame Judi Dench, Stephen Fry, Gillian Anderson and Joanna Lumley – and the ocean pollution campaigners Sea Shepherd, whose supporters include Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan. Also included is Stop the Badger Cull, which is backed by Sir Brian May, the Queen guitarist.

So all these potentially in line for the wrath of skinny. Christ, he's going to be busier than ever; he'll shortly need a new f***ing keyboard!! :rolleyes:

Well, we're all f***ed through 'isms' & 'ists' then aren't we (I'm sure Moz alluded as such in You Know I Couldn't Last)?

Who's actually left that we can safely put our hand up to support without fear of retribution? Liberals/Green party?

Crazy world we live in, rapidly becoming a feeding trough for idiots & loons. f*** 'em.

Part of me hopes Moz does a cover of Come Out Ye Black And Tans in front of a PETA poster while draped in the suffragette flag.

With 'Is This Left-Wing Enough For You?' printed on his t-shirt.

Yeah, it would be the best thing to sort out his thinking & then communicate that clearly to the public.

I'll stay loyal to the bitter end, not just because I've been doing digging & I genuinely believe it's just been a clusterf*** rather than a lurch to the right, but because I've seen so much worse on the left.

Truly horrible disgusting behaviour & statements that get skipped over because apparently our intentions are good & that's all that matters.

So to watch them hypocriticallly kicking someone as isolated within the business & as hapless in the media as Moz makes me feel sick.

some people will never be happy until morrissey does a cover of meltingpot by bluemink.

Prices will be well north of £50. These designer clothes aren't cheap you know!

Yeah, it would be the best thing to sort out his thinking & then communicate that clearly to the public.

I'll stay loyal to the bitter end, not just because I've been doing digging & I genuinely believe it's just been a clusterf*** rather than a lurch to the right, but because I've seen so much worse on the left.

Truly horrible disgusting behaviour & statements that get skipped over because apparently our intentions are good & that's all that matters.

So to watch them hypocriticallly kicking someone as isolated within the business & as hapless in the media as Moz makes me feel sick.

Couldn't agree more...from woke, pc, fake outragist, virtue signalling, piggy-backing, click obsessed press, through to individuals with personal axes to grind, to those who think it's all a jolly-jape to embark on personal, vindictive & unwarranted attacks. They sicken me.
Yet this is the society in which we live.
Very saddening.

Prices will be well north of £50. These designer clothes aren't cheap you know!
Price is an issue for me, anything above £80 and I ain't going, not that I haven't got the £80, but £50 a ticket and they'll both sell out. Last few gigs of Morrissey I went to, Plymouth/Hull 2015 I think were £55, less than a year later in Manchester they were £75, ok its Manchester, but best Morrissey gigs ive been to weren't in Manchester, be interesting to see how much they are.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom