Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mozza's official Facebook confirms UK dates this March . Leeds and London.

Leeds and Wembley 2020

Ticketmaster showing Fri 6th March at Leeds Arena Morrissey, Wembley Arena sat 14th March 2020.Tickets on sale 24 January 2020.

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9thMarch and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11thMarch.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

PRAISE FOR MORRISSEY’S LATEST U.S. TOUR

“Imagine being hit by the world’s most beautiful fist. That’s what the night felt like. I don’t know if the blow came from the left. And I don’t know if the blow came from the right. But I do know I’ll be cherishing the black-and-blue for the rest of my life."

- Flaunt 10.28.19

"His pitch-perfect vocals filled the arena with ease and there wasn't an off note to be heard."-NBC San Diego 10.15.19

“In fine form and with an excellent voice, Morrissey dramatically captivated the crowd throughout the evening, whipping his microphone cord to punctuate movements and crooning dramatically when appropriate.”- Music Connection 10.11.19

“For nearly two hours Morrissey turned in a spirited performance that culled material from his solo albums, and several covers from this year’s California Son. Far from an aging rocker desperately trying to recapture the passion of his youthful performances, Steven Patrick Morrissey has actually improved. His voice has deepened and grown stronger with age.” - Riff Magazine 10.4.19

At age 60, Morrissey is the rare singer whose voice is actually getting better with age.” - Dallas Morning News 9.18.19

"In fine form and excellent voice, Morrissey was every inch a performer, dramatically whipping his microphone cord to punctuate movements and crooning dramatically when appropriate. For a night of deeply intellectual and thoughtful pop music, Morrissey has no peer."-Parklife DC 9.06.19

GET IN LADS!!!!!!! RESULT

Just hope he improves the Setlists, hope he brings back 'The Operation' or at least 1 Southpaw classic.

Hairdresser on Fire would be nice since he hasn't played it in the UK recently due to all the snowflakes getting the last shows shut down.

Lets hope these go ahead in the UK!

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9thMarch and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11thMarch.

PRAISE FOR MORRISSEY’S LATEST U.S. TOUR

“Imagine being hit by the world’s most beautiful fist. That’s what the night felt like. I don’t know if the blow came from the left. And I don’t know if the blow came from the right. But I do know I’ll be cherishing the black-and-blue for the rest of my life."

- Flaunt 10.28.19

"His pitch-perfect vocals filled the arena with ease and there wasn't an off note to be heard."-NBC San Diego 10.15.19

“In fine form and with an excellent voice, Morrissey dramatically captivated the crowd throughout the evening, whipping his microphone cord to punctuate movements and crooning dramatically when appropriate.”- Music Connection 10.11.19

“For nearly two hours Morrissey turned in a spirited performance that culled material from his solo albums, and several covers from this year’s California Son. Far from an aging rocker desperately trying to recapture the passion of his youthful performances, Steven Patrick Morrissey has actually improved. His voice has deepened and grown stronger with age.” - Riff Magazine 10.4.19

At age 60, Morrissey is the rare singer whose voice is actually getting better with age.” - Dallas Morning News 9.18.19

"In fine form and excellent voice, Morrissey was every inch a performer, dramatically whipping his microphone cord to punctuate movements and crooning dramatically when appropriate. For a night of deeply intellectual and thoughtful pop music, Morrissey has no peer."-Parklife DC 9.06.19

Any speculation/thoughts on likely ticket prices for UK shows? They're going to fly off the shelves.

Any speculation/thoughts on likely ticket prices for UK shows? They're going to fly off the shelves.
Overpriced, as usual! I'll be interested to see whether or not they do fly off the shelves. Perhaps with his playing so few shows they might but I wouldn't put money on it, not after what happened last time.

———————

Just for anyone lucky enough to get a ticket, here are the roolz for Leeds, so no f***ing excuses, & no f***ing nonsense:

No backpacks, holdalls, suitcases will be admitted into the venue. The patron will be refused entry if they attempt to enter the venue with the prohibited item. Skinny, leave your worldly possessions elsewhere.

Skinny/trolls please note: Patrons identified as having nutjob mental health issues will be considered on an individual basis but are encouraged to get their carer to contact the venue in advance for extensive interrogation, cavity strip search, & a check of posting history on Mo-S0-Lo prior to entry.

There will be no temporary storage facilities for any items within the venue and it will be left to the patron to find a safe temporary facility to hold the item. The venue will not be responsible for late admission or non-admission as a result of this policy.

All remaining bags will be searched.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom