Morrissey and The Smiths Official Most Downloaded Tracks Revealed - officialcharts.com

Morrissey’s and The Smiths’ Official Most Downloaded Tracks Revealed - officialcharts.com

To celebrate 30 years since This Charming Man first charted, we count down the Top 10 most downloaded tracks by The Smiths and controversial frontman Morrissey.

1 This Charming Man
2 How Soon Is Now?
3 There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
4 Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want
5 First Of The Gang To Die
6 Everyday Is Like Sunday
7 Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
8 Panic
9 What Difference Does It Make?
10 Suedehead

11 Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
12 Bigmouth Strikes Again
13 The Boy with the Thorn in His Side
14 The Last of the Famous International Playboys
15 I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
16 Girlfriend in a Coma
17 Irish Blood, English Heart
18 You Have Killed Me
19 Asleep
20 That's How People Grow Up

No I am the sun and air? What about I'm so sorry?

Only two that really surprised me was "I Am Throwing My Arms Around Paris" and that's how "People Grow Up."

I would have thought something from the Your Arsenal or Vauxhall and I would have made it onto the list.

But I wouldn't want to be accused of arguing with the buying public.

"That's How People Grow Up" - Shocking!!!

I'm surprised that given their prominence in movies that please please and there is a light aren't one and two

I guess that the considerable airplay that X-FM (and only X-FM) gave to Grow Up and Paris must have paid off.

I miss the/\ at least 1... Asrse n' All singles

also
pregnant
Dagendum Dave
Alain Matters

' and they say he's mentall'... shirtlifters/headmaster best Smiths singles

Both tracks got plenty of airplay on Radio 2 and 6Music.

My local listener supported radio station that plays mostly indie, along with some weird speciality programing at night (think like do wop music), plays I Am Throwing My Arms Around Paris and Suedehead pretty much to the exclusion of any other Morrissey solo stuff.

They are a little bit better with their Smiths selections, I did hear Headmaster Ritual once, but mostly it's like Panic, There is A Light That Never Goes Out, and Shoplifters of the World--which somewhat saddens me because they tend to pride themselves on playing more deep cuts. The more "classic" bands though they tend to stick to the "classics" (like I've never heard a Joy Division song other than Love Will Tear Us Apart).

For whatever reason it's pretty much like Morrissey did not do anything as a solo artist between 1988 and 2004--as the downloads from that list would have us believe. I don't know why that is--as I thought Your Arsenal and Vauxhall and I were generally considered to be amongst his better albums. I guess neither one of them had strong singles?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom