Morrissey and steroids

A

Anonymous

Form Autobiography:
"The pollution trapped within the city (Mexico City) has nowhere to go except into my lungs. I lie on the bed with two needles of steroids pumped into rump in order to get me through the next few days."

When was that? And has anyone knowledge about the use of steroids in a medical sense?

Form Autobiography:
"The pollution trapped within the city (Mexico City) has nowhere to go except into my lungs. I lie on the bed with two needles of steroids pumped into rump in order to get me through the next few days."

When was that? And has anyone knowledge about the use of steroids in a medical sense?

Prednisone is an anti inflammatory and used when someone has a respiratory infection. Totally different from anabolic steroids. I've been on them many times for pneumonia.

It's not what you think. We have a plethora of steroids in our home at all times for the asthmatic and Croupy people we live with.

But I do have to wonder what Morrissey is like with even this kind of steroid. We experience violent "'Roid Rage" in our home whenever the kids are dosing. I can't even begin to imagine what Morrissey is like on Prednisone.

It's not what you think. We have a plethora of steroids in our home at all times for the asthmatic and Croupy people we live with.

But I do have to wonder what Morrissey is like with even this kind of steroid. We experience violent "'Roid Rage" in our home whenever the kids are dosing. I can't even begin to imagine what Morrissey is like on Prednisone.

I've never heard of anyone having prednisone shot into their ass.

yeah my stepfather has benign tumors on his spine and brain and is on prednisone and yeah he can get pretty nasty at times because of it. im an asthmatic as well though i dont think ive gotten the rage (maybe i should be asking rachel about this). gives me the restless leg syndrome though

I know these steroids have nothing to do with 'anabolic' steroids. I just don't know much about them in a medical sense, so thanks for the replies. I find it interesting that Moz constantly wants everybody to believe that he is quite robust and not fragile, physically and mentally, but look at other parts of Autobiography:

"I cannot swallow and I spend months hospitalized, my stomach ripped open, my throat pulled wide, my parents are warned that I'm unlikely to survive." (when 3 years old)

"Heart on backwards, I began to suffer daily panic attacks. My mother is alarmed as my heart seems to be stuck in my throat. I endure the common slipway of prescribed antidepressants when I am really only reacting quite naturally to my humiliating surroundings - plus lack of air." (when 17 years old)

"It is too much to bear, and in this dank November air I hear voices of people who are not there." (visiting Jon Daily's grave)

"My doctor had prescribed a 'mood' tablet known as Pastalin, with which I scum-wrestle for a few dreadful months, and I begin not to recognize myself - saying things that I would never usually say - and my recalcitrant behavior is noted with concern from passers-by." (1987)

"Life plops me at 2 Caroline Place, an odd little house in Bayswater that will be home (of sorts) for 1989, a disturbingly dry summer when the heat, mixed with the pollution of the Bayswater Road, brings on the panic attacks that I'd thought long since gone. I sleep with the bedroom windows open, but the air feels defiled and contaminated."

"It is this inescapable fire that makes me ill after just one week, and sine I cannot breathe my doctor prescribes an inhaler. I walk around the inferno from kitchen to hallway, my breathing heavy and my eyes permanently crossed."

"I, too, subside into fatigue, and it is a fatigue I now feel every moment of my life." (2009)

Maybe he is robust in the sense that he keeps moving despite all those 'difficulties'. (Only if all this is true, of course)

I know these steroids have nothing to do with 'anabolic' steroids. I just don't know much about them in a medical sense, so thanks for the replies. I find it interesting that Moz constantly wants everybody to believe that he is quite robust and not fragile, physically and mentally, but look at other parts of Autobiography:

"I cannot swallow and I spend months hospitalized, my stomach ripped open, my throat pulled wide, my parents are warned that I'm unlikely to survive." (when 3 years old)

"Heart on backwards, I began to suffer daily panic attacks. My mother is alarmed as my heart seems to be stuck in my throat. I endure the common slipway of prescribed antidepressants when I am really only reacting quite naturally to my humiliating surroundings - plus lack of air." (when 17 years old)

"It is too much to bear, and in this dank November air I hear voices of people who are not there." (visiting Jon Daily's grave)

"My doctor had prescribed a 'mood' tablet known as Pastalin, with which I scum-wrestle for a few dreadful months, and I begin not to recognize myself - saying things that I would never usually say - and my recalcitrant behavior is noted with concern from passers-by." (1987)

"Life plops me at 2 Caroline Place, an odd little house in Bayswater that will be home (of sorts) for 1989, a disturbingly dry summer when the heat, mixed with the pollution of the Bayswater Road, brings on the panic attacks that I'd thought long since gone. I sleep with the bedroom windows open, but the air feels defiled and contaminated."

"It is this inescapable fire that makes me ill after just one week, and sine I cannot breathe my doctor prescribes an inhaler. I walk around the inferno from kitchen to hallway, my breathing heavy and my eyes permanently crossed."

"I, too, subside into fatigue, and it is a fatigue I now feel every moment of my life." (2009)

Maybe he is robust in the sense that he keeps moving despite all those 'difficulties'. (Only if all this is true, of course)

Lol I had forgotten about the fire house.

He seems to have had some major problems when he was born, though he never explains what the stomach scar is from.

Steroid case at the university
One of our prednisone
'Roid's keen
I anabolic you
Juice the best and don't worry

i always thought of him as mentally strong but at times physically weak health wise. kinda like cobain and his mysterious stomach issues and panic attacks. the way moz touches his face all the time also sets off flags for me as others have mentioned

i always thought of him as mentally strong but at times physically weak health wise. kinda like cobain and his mysterious stomach issues and panic attacks. the way moz touches his face all the time also sets off flags for me as others have mentioned

Explain the touching of the face?

I wonder if he knows he's going deaf or he doesn't and nobody wants to say anything to him.

How would he know if they did? He wouldn't be able to hear them.

How would he know if they did? He wouldn't be able to hear them.

Lol! The man who met him a few weeks ago saying he's hard of hearing confirmed what I had thought for a while. He leans in during interviews and at the 25:Live concert they had to keep yelling to him the little boy's name.

Pete Townshend has had hearing problems since his 20's, so I'm not surprised.

Explain the touching of the face?

I wonder if he knows he's going deaf or he doesn't and nobody wants to say anything to him.

well some have said autism which can cause you to focus on things and touching your face when your anxious or nervous is a big one along with a bunch of other signs but really im talking about the side effects of some medications that can cause twitches tics or an obsessive need to obsess over a movement or pattern such as picking etc. these are just thoughts and the autism thing has been thrown out there so many times. the need to not change plans or being upset by it. the stubbornness and resistance to change. the dislike of people and social situations. the basic aversion to people and social situations. i dont know if he does or does not suffer from it but i think there was thread about it before i got here that was about that subject and some seemed to believe it.

Back
Top Bottom