Morrissey and Siouxsie Sioux

Last edited by a moderator:
This song doesn't mean anything. Take that angrily, because that's how I would say it in person :p

I think that both of their voices are beautiful together, and it's not often that Morrissey sings in such a way, but the lyrics are just crap.

Neither Morrissey nor Siouxsie wrote these lyrics, I believe. If I remember correctly, the song was written for a film.

I don't like it. I'd have preferred the song as a duet with Ann Coates rather than a ghastly team-up with that overrated slag. It's like a Marvel-D.C. crossover gone horribly awry.

WTF. Just wondering...Are you on crack? :crazy:

I like the mix of the voices and the strange idea of a classic "sentimental song" sung by a crazy punk woman and Morrissey, who seems "the normal one" of the two...I've read somwhere that M had very bad moments with her, because she has a terrible temper, and I've also read that "Black eyed Susan" could be about her...Anyone knows about it?

Whenever I hear this song I sit patiently...but I can't wait for the song to be over because I don't think Siouxsie has a very pretty voice and I want to stop having to hear it. :o

I' very fond of the of Moz' soloversion. Beautiful.

It's honestly one of my least favorite songs. I don't feel the voices go well together, and you can tell they were recorded separately (weren't they?). If I'm wrong, then they sound as if they were recorded separately.

It's honestly one of my least favorite songs. I don't feel the voices go well together, and you can tell they were recorded separately (weren't they?). If I'm wrong, then they sound as if they were recorded separately.

I simply love the song, though it isn't a patch on Timi's version.

I like the mix of the voices and the strange idea of a classic "sentimental song" sung by a crazy punk woman and Morrissey, who seems "the normal one" of the two

:lbf:

She would take that as a compliment. I love Siouxsie and I love this track. Wow, amazing to read so much hate for it on here, had no idea.

I don't like it. I'd have preferred the song as a duet with Ann Coates rather than a ghastly team-up with that overrated slag. It's like a Marvel-D.C. crossover gone horribly awry.

:rolleyes:

Yes, it's like Marvel v DC - like Spiderman v Superman.

I agree, Siouxie's vocals on Interlude are grating, but "overrated slag?" She was every bit as iconic, commanding and influential as Morrissey back in the day. I rate Morrissey more highly as an artist, but Siouxsie is right up there on the list of demi-godlike pop stars who once fronted incredible bands.

Tags
interlude morrissey siouxsie sioux
Back
Top Bottom