Morrissey and Robert Smith getting along better these days....pluse more

The Seeker of Good Songs

...so says a piece in an article at

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/AMA/Story?id=3886672&page=6

"Smith and Morrissey, lead singer of The Smiths, were mutual enemies in the '80s and '90s, with Smith once quoted as saying, "If Morrissey says don't eat meat, then I'll eat meat, because I hate Morrissey." It's reported the two get along much better these days."

though no reference is made for the statement.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Also a bit on Morrissey himself on the next page of the article:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/AMA/Story?id=3886672&page=7

Morrissey of The Smiths

Morrissey — born Steven Patrick Morrissey, in Manchester, England, to Irish immigrants — and Johnny Marr formed The Smiths in 1982, regarded by many as one of the most influential bands of the post-punk '80s.
Like Smith of The Cure, Morrissey was known for his dark, yet witty, lyrics in songs like "Girlfriend in a Coma" and "Bigmouth Strikes Again." The Smiths broke up in 1987, but not before putting out five best-selling albums and 14 top singles, and inspiring a devoted, if cultish, fan base, especially for Morrissey.
After The Smiths broke up, Morrissey continued with a successful solo career. He also piqued fans' interest about his ambiguous sexuality.
Some people say his lyrics point to the singer being gay, but Morrissey's own reticence on the subject has also raised questions. A 1984 article in Rolling Stone magazine said that Morrissey "admits he's gay." Morrissey responded that was news to him.

In interviews, the singer has said he is asexual and celibate, though in recent years, he has referred to a relationship (without naming the person's gender) and said he is no longer celibate.
It's been reported, but not confirmed, that Morrissey will release a new album in 2008.
Did You Know?
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Morrissey has been a vegetarian since he was 11 years old, and is a member of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.
img_bullet_orangedot.gif
Morrissey has been involved in a number of celebrity feuds over the years. Besides his mutual antipathy with Cure leader Smith, and ongoing battles with former band mates, Morrissey recently criticized fellow performers who made it big in the '80s — Madonna and George Michael.
While performing at a PETA benefit show in Virginia in July, Morrissey commented on Madonna's adoption of a boy from Malawi: "I wouldn't be surprised if she made that African boy she adopted into a coat, and wore him for 15 minutes, then threw it away."
Of Michael, Morrissey said, rather cryptically, in a 1991 Details magazine profile: "If George Michael had to live my life for five minutes, he'd strangle himself with the nearest piece of cord."

ap_morrissey_071119_main.jpg

Erm, they don't know each other do they? I haven't heard of them ever meeting!

I think some people think that all famous people live in one big house together. :D

lol! they BOTH should get back to their old stylists :D:p;) or they should get together and sue the photographers who took those mugshots....

Last edited:
someone needs to go back to their old stylist!

ap_smith_071119_main.jpg

I'd totally do him. Robert Smith is amazing.
I have met him and he was absolutely charming. Very shy.

Oh my god, look at me! I like Morrissey and I like Robert Smith. Yes, even though Morrissey doesn't like him! ;) :D

Last edited:
i hope that`s true cos i love morrissey and i think robert smith is really cool ,i like the color of his lipstick as well :D

Oh my GOD, I knew I never should have opened this thread:o Those 4 pictures.. I dunno what to say:/

Moz made a few comments about Smith a coulpe of years ago. He basically denied that he had a problem with him (or words to that effect) and said he acknowledged him as being an original artist/singer (or some such).
Don't think Smith has ever said a positive thing about Moz tho. Still slagging him off as recently as the Quarry era...

Re: Morrissey and Robert Smith getting along better these days....plus more

Moz made a few comments about Smith a coulpe of years ago. He basically denied that he had a problem with him (or words to that effect) and said he acknowledged him as being an original artist/singer (or some such).
Don't think Smith has ever said a positive thing about Moz tho. Still slagging him off as recently as the Quarry era...

In 1986 I sent a Smiths mix tape to a penpal who hadn't listened their music.
She wrote me that she's enjoy listening to it and admitted she's wrong to believe her friend who was a Cure fan who told her that Smiths wasn't very good.
This particular Cure fan was an idiot to blindly follow Robert Smith's opinion.

Erm, they don't know each other do they? I haven't heard of them ever meeting!

I think some people think that all famous people live in one big house together. :D

They have met.

I'd totally do him. Robert Smith is amazing.
I have met him and he was absolutely charming. Very shy.

Oh my god, look at me! I like Morrissey and I like Robert Smith. Yes, even though Morrissey doesn't like him! ;) :D

Ooooh! You met Robert?! I met the rest of The Cure and I once talked to Robert on the phone, but I never got to meet him in person... yet.

PM me and tell me all about it, please. He is so much to me. He and Moz are my lifelong idols. Yes, it CAN happen that way! XD

Not so! Robert said in 2004 or so that Moz had invited him to some ... thing... don't know what - and that he doesn't think Moz is such a bad guy now.

Back
Top Bottom