Morrissey and my love life

"Found, found, found," (1)
Our first date was at the House of Blues in Hollywood, to see the lovely Sweet and Tender Hooligans on 12/13/08. The evening started with dinner, and Jose (the lead singer) stopped by and had a drink with us. I had met Jose in 1992 at Rhino Records while we were both shopping for rare Smith's/Morrissey albums. He told me about the Morrissey cover band he was starting and invited me to his show. I have been stopping by his shows ever since (19 years)
This show was different, I was on a first date with a woman who I was completely enamored with. I wasn't even sure it was a date, then the curtain raised, she grabbed my arm, I turned into her and it definitely left the plutonic level. We stayed entwined someplace in the very back, missing most of the show, but I still found moments to sing lyrics to her that I especially wanted her to feel.
Over the past three years our love has grown and she has learned every Morrissey/Smith's song ever written. On our first anniversary, she gave me a bracelet with "My Dearest Love" engraved on top. She has traveled with me from state to state to see Morrissey live and even held strong and got a piece of one of his Gucci shirts for me. We have a huge Morrissey Postponed poster that we framed to remember the shows that we made it to, but he didn't :) And there were also the shows like Paris, where I happened to be in France the night Morrissey was playing. I walked down the street and saw a large line of people, I turned and said "what if that was Morrissey playing?" I couldn't speak French, so I didn't ask. Had I only looked up, I would have seen the large MORRISSEY marquee (sigh). I did get to have drinks in the bar later with a few American girls who had traveled from San Diego and told me all about the show. Still can't believe I missed that one!!

With her appreciation and acceptance of my Morrissey/Smiths obsession that has lasted over 25 years. On, 11/19/11, I made her legally mine, we were married in Washington DC, because it is one of the only places two females can legally marry in America. The pre-ceremonial music included Zooey Deschanel's singing "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" and we walked down the aisle to "To Me You Are a Work of Art".

When we were looking for possible honeymoon choices and discovered that Morrissey was playing, we were in complete bliss. What were the chances? The Las Vegas show on 11/25/11 was the last night of our honeymoon and we spent it watching Morrissey live. I cannot express how amazing this was to me, since I have been a fan for so many years.
The Vegas show was the most special of them all because my experience with Moz's songs over the years has shaped me into who I am. The concert opened with church bells that we are convinced were for us and then his first words were "por favor, por favor, por favor", just like the beginning of our wedding where we played "please, please, please". My bride and I held each other and danced to "All the Lazy Dykes" and a tear fell from my eye when he talked about Thanksgiving and played the haunting and deeply melodic version of "Meat is Murder".

I would like to think that if Morrissey knew we were in the audience, he would have not only yelled out "muchachos, but also muchachas" Regardless, I felt every note and every lyric deep in my heart and experiencing that with the love of my life by my side was Priceless.

Thank You Morrissey

"Found, found, found," (1)
Our first date was at the House of Blues in Hollywood, to see the lovely Sweet and Tender Hooligans on 12/13/08. The evening started with dinner, and Jose (the lead singer) stopped by and had a drink with us. I had met Jose in 1992 at Rhino Records while we were both shopping for rare Smith's/Morrissey albums.

It's "The Smiths," or if adapted to your context, "Smiths' " as in "Smiths' albums." Not "Smith's" as in "this is that f***** hipster's Edward Sharp and The Magnetic Zeros record on vinyl; let's smash it while he is in the bathroom puking after four Pabst Blue Ribbons."

He told me about the Morrissey cover band he was starting and invited me to his show. I have been stopping by his shows ever since (19 years)

See, right then and there I would have told him to f*** off.

This show was different, I was on a first date with a woman who I was completely enamored with. I wasn't even sure it was a date,

Were you spending money on her? Then it was a date.

then the curtain raised, she grabbed my arm, I turned into her and it definitely left the plutonic level. We stayed entwined someplace in the very back, missing most of the show, but I still found moments to sing lyrics to her that I especially wanted her to feel.

PlAtonic. Let's not get carried away.

Morrissey lyrics? And you're sure she wasn't a guy?

Over the past three years our love has grown and she has learned every Morrissey/Smith's song ever written...

Really? So...she knows Kit, and Action Man, and The Longer I Live? Nice!

On our first anniversary, she gave me a bracelet with "My Dearest Love" engraved on top...

Hold on, I have to barf....

OK. Continue.

She has traveled with me from state to state to see Morrissey live

So, either you're a rich assf***er with no job, or your parents are rich assf***ers.

and even held strong and got a piece of one of his Gucci shirts for me.

I miss the Morrissey that wrote Hand In Glove because "it didn't matter what clothes you wore."

We have a huge Morrissey Postponed poster that we framed to remember the shows that we made it to, but he didn't :)

I think a lot of people have that poster, or should have that poster...

And there were also the shows like Paris, where I happened to be in France the night Morrissey was playing.

I hate it when that happens.

I walked down the street

Well, that's what they're there for, after all...

and saw a large line of people, I turned and said "what if that was Morrissey playing?" I couldn't speak French, so I didn't ask.

Ah, but you speak fluent Pretentious, so surely someone in proximity to a Morrissey show would have understood.

Had I only looked up, I would have seen the large MORRISSEY marquee (sigh).

(Sigh.) Must have been a tiny sign.

I did get to have drinks in the bar later with a few American girls who had traveled from San Diego and told me all about the show.

Uh Oh! Naughty-naughty. How did your woman feel about that? Is she one of those "secure" types?

Still can't believe I missed that one!!.

Chances are he played the same f***ing songs he played at the concert you DID see.

With her appreciation and acceptance of my Morrissey/Smiths obsession that has lasted over 25 years. On, 11/19/11, I made her legally mine,

Wow, that reminds me, I need to have my dog registered in Lake County.

we were married in Washington DC, because it is one of the only places two females can legally marry in America.,

WAIT. You're A CHICK?! Goddamnit...That ruins this whole thing. Motherf***ER!

The pre-ceremonial music included Zooey Deschanel's singing "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" and we walked down the aisle to "To Me You Are a Work of Art"..,

That's actually awesome. Two great, great songs. And Zooey is so pretty. Rock-solid-stupid, but pretty.

When we were looking for possible honeymoon choices and discovered that Morrissey was playing, we were in complete bliss. What were the chances? The Las Vegas show on 11/25/11 was the last night of our honeymoon and we spent it watching Morrissey live. I cannot express how amazing this was to me, since I have been a fan for so many years. The Vegas show was the most special of them all because my experience with Moz's songs over the years has shaped me into who I am. The concert opened with church bells that we are convinced were for us and then his first words were "por favor, por favor, por favor", just like the beginning of our wedding where we played "please, please, please". My bride and I held each other and danced to "All the Lazy Dykes" and a tear fell from my eye when he talked about Thanksgiving and played the haunting and deeply melodic version of "Meat is Murder". "...

I'm anti-vegitarian, but the rest of that paragraph was absolutely beautiful.

I would like to think that if Morrissey knew we were in the audience, he would have not only yelled out "muchachos, but also muchachas"

Or even, "mustache" because, hey, why not.

Regardless, I felt every note and every lyric deep in my heart and experiencing that with the love of my life by my side was Priceless.

Please please please tell me that you accidentally capitalized "priceless."

Thank You Morrissey

To which he responds with a T-shirtedly safe "f*** Morrissey-Solo.com."

It's "The Smiths," or if adapted to your context, "Smiths' " as in "Smiths' albums." Not "Smith's" as in "this is that f***** hipster's Edward Sharp and The Magnetic Zeros record on vinyl; let's smash it while he is in the bathroom puking after four Pabst Blue Ribbons."

See, right then and there I would have told him to f*** off.

Were you spending money on her? Then it was a date.

PlAtonic. Let's not get carried away.

Morrissey lyrics? And you're sure she wasn't a guy?

Really? So...she knows Kit, and Action Man, and The Longer I Live? Nice!

Hold on, I have to barf....

OK. Continue.

So, either you're a rich assf***er with no job, or your parents are rich assf***ers.

I miss the Morrissey that wrote Hand In Glove because "it didn't matter what clothes you wore."

I think a lot of people have that poster, or should have that poster...

I hate it when that happens.

Well, that's what they're there for, after all...

Ah, but you speak fluent Pretentious, so surely someone in proximity to a Morrissey show would have understood.

(Sigh.) Must have been a tiny sign.

Uh Oh! Naughty-naughty. How did your woman feel about that? Is she one of those "secure" types?

Chances are he played the same f***ing songs he played at the concert you DID see.

Wow, that reminds me, I need to have my dog registered in Lake County.

WAIT. You're A CHICK?! Goddamnit...That ruins this whole thing. Motherf***ER!

That's actually awesome. Two great, great songs. And Zooey is so pretty. Rock-solid-stupid, but pretty.

I'm anti-vegitarian, but the rest of that paragraph was absolutely beautiful.

Or even, "mustache" because, hey, why not.

Please please please tell me that you accidentally capitalized "priceless."

To which he responds with a T-shirtedly safe "f*** Morrissey-Solo.com."

I admire your dedication. That response must have seriously cut into your masturbation time. Never mind, I'm sure you'll be back on schedule in no time at all.

I admire your dedication. That response must have seriously cut into your masturbation time. Never mind, I'm sure you'll be back on schedule in no time at all.

What! Hogwash. Hogwarts!

No, I have time to jerk off, work, raise a kid, and then dissect idiots from midnight til 3.

And still get my kip.

I do like your insinuation, though, that "if you masturbate, i.e., do not mate, then you are a loser"...it implies that your IQ is absolutely stellar.

What! Hogwash. Hogwarts!

No, I have time to jerk off, work, raise a kid, and then dissect idiots from midnight til 3.

And still get my kip.

I do like your insinuation, though, that "if you masturbate, i.e., do not mate, then you are a loser"...it implies that your IQ is absolutely stellar.

All out of Kleenex, eh? Use a sock.

Wow. You're so lucky, Mr. OneYouCan'tHave, good for you and your happy bride.

@Skylarker, come here, you need a hug. And so do I. :)

OP- that's a sweet story, congratulations. :)

Skylarker- is there any need to be such a dick?

No, but sometimes after everyone's in bed, I go up to the den, close the door, drink way too much, get on the computer, and turn into the biggest f***ing douchebag you've ever seen.

All out of Kleenex, eh? Use a sock.

I'm confused...are you actually tutoring me on how to masturbate, here? Because it kinda sounds like you are...which is OK, but strange.

Wow. You're so lucky, Mr. OneYouCan'tHave, good for you and your happy bride.

@Skylarker, come here, you need a hug. And so do I. :)

Thanks, but I can provide a long list of my former huggers who will tell you it won't fix anything, and to run the other way.

Why not provide us with a detailed history of your love life? I'm serious.

Ah, a mcrickson post. It's been awhile, but I'd know one anywhere: glib, smug, unprovoked, cooly detached...a piercing aside cast down from a mountain of lofty hipness, articulate and intellectual yet laced with a fine hint of bitch.

I never tire of reading them. I'm serious.

No, but sometimes after everyone's in bed, I go up to the den, close the door, drink way too much, get on the computer, and turn into the biggest f***ing douchebag you've ever seen.

I'm confused...are you actually tutoring me on how to masturbate, here? Because it kinda sounds like you are...which is OK, but strange.

Thanks, but I can provide a long list of my former huggers who will tell you it won't fix anything, and to run the other way.

I just think it would be a better use of your time. I'm serious.

Ah, a mcrickson post. It's been awhile, but I'd know one anywhere

I still post relatively regularly. It's not like it's something new to see a post by me.
Also, you might know one anywhere because, y'know, my name is attached to it. Because from what I hear you've taken on a couple of other usernames. I've never understood that. But, whatever makes you feel special.

I still post relatively regularly. It's not like it's something new to see a post by me.
Also, you might know one anywhere because, y'know, my name is attached to it. Because from what I hear you've taken on a couple of other usernames. I've never understood that. But, whatever makes you feel special.

It's understood that your username is attached to your posts. My remark about knowing your writing anywhere was a very obvious reference to your posting style...which you knew. Your gratuitously smart-ass reply was just a bit on the telling side of catty.

When I was banned for a long time, beginning as The Bicycle Tragedy (you know a little about about being banned, right?) I made a lot of different usernames on and off in attempts to sneak on, usually stemming from attempts to post rarities compilations I'd made. Eventually I gave up trying to be a member, but when they gave up banning me I returned and settled on Skylarker, because I was listening to a lot of XTC at the time.

I briefly took on one another concurrent username, several months ago, "Ex Ted," after a Luke Haines song I was obsessed with at the time. I never hid that I was also Skylarker, and the posts under the Ex Ted moniker imply as much. It was a semi-inside joke and a semi-obvious one that was never meant to be deceptive or secretive, and I only posted under that name a handful of times.

Should I have asked you for permission? Eh? Forum Etiquette 101 with Professor mcrickson? Enroll me...yeah?

Anyway, as I'm not even really "Skylarker" I don't see what difference it makes. I could post as Fozzie f***ing Bear, but I'm still me, some guy outside of Chicago, using a made-up screen name to post on the internet for fun. My business. My right.

But, for the record -and you can believe me or not, your choice- I have only posted here as Skylarker since April of this year, except for the aforementioned Ex Ted posts. If you would like to believe otherwise, knock yourself out. Skylarker is not a banned account and if I am gonna say something here, it will be as him.

Feeling "special" never factored into my motives. It's a f***ing web forum. Aren't you the one who always says not to take things so seriously? Christ.

God, you are SO boring. I can't even understand what kind of gratification a person could GET out of posting the things you do. It's not even trolling, it's just..I don't know. Reading your posts, in my head I'm picturing a retarded diabetic cat swiping at flies and occasionally coming close. Which is why I figured you'd be more than happy to provide us a list of your ex-lovers and why things didn't work out.

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed reply. Interesting. Can't believe I wrote Smiths incorrectly, I used to be so specific about such things. Lesbians love Moz too, at least I do. I have earned any bit of pretentiousness i have. Best!

Back
Top Bottom